Chapter 4

I want to tell you I love you

"Guess who's back? Back again? Jongup's back, tell a friend!" I hear Jongup's voice shouting Eminem's song's lyrics. I'm at Jimin's place and as it seems, Jongup is back from his trip to Vietnam. He opens the door with a sassy movement and Jimin stands up from his bed. 

"Hey, buddy. Good time in Vietnam?" he asks and goes to give Jongup the bro hug as I call it. They just pat each others backs with their other hands in some kind of a handshake. It's always funny when they do the hug with Mark, you see the height difference is quite big.

"I got a girl!" Jongup announces with a big smile on his face, making his eyes almost disappear and does a little victory dance. He's wearing red basketball shorts and a white sleeveless top. It's about what he usually wears. Of course he has his diamond earring too. Somehow he makes it look cool and not girly at all. The bling actually suits him.

"You did?" I ask.

"Yup. Her name is Wheein. She's super cute."

"Didn't know you were into cute girls", Jimin says and makes a not-bad-face. Jongup just ignores him and takes his phone out of his pocket. He looks for something for a while, a smile spreads on his lips and then shows us a picture of him with some girl. She's smiling with her dimples showing and her eyes sparkling with Duke's hand wrapped around her. I can't help but admire how she's so cute but also gorgeous at the same time.

"Cute", I say.

"She looks like a shortie", Jimin says even though he's really not in the position to laugh at anyone's height.

"I love her", Jongup says. Nobody says anything to that. I glance at Jimin to find him already looking at me.

"So is she here? I wanna meet the girl who got Jongup the Great wrapped around her little finger", Jimin asks and Jongup nods.

"Yup, I'm meeting her in a few hours. That's why I just dropped by since I need to go get ready."

"How tall is she?" I have to ask. I'm the tallest among the friend group and so basically (even though I shouldn't since I'm the youngest too) I get to make fun of everyone's height, especially Jimin and Jongup. They're both probably at least 10cm shorter than I am. Jongup rolls his eyes. while Jimin bursts out laughing. He finds the teasing especially amusing, at least when it's not directed at him.

"154cm", Jongup says and we laugh even more. It's a miracle he found a girl actually that short since he's been complaining about every girl being too tall since he was born. At least that's what Jimin says. During this month I've been hanging out with them, I've figured that even though Mark and Taehyung are a part of this little posse Jongup and Jimin are still like best friends. They're so close that they touch each other's butts and sometimes walk hand in hand.

"Well, that's wonderful. I'm happy for you, man", Jimin says after he's laughed enough.

"Thanks, Silver Boy", Jongup says. After about two weeks hanging out with them, Jongup announced that I'm now officially the Golden Boy - the golden maknae, in particular - since they think I'm good at everything.

"Just remember that even though you've got a girl now it's not a valid excuse to ditch me", Jimin adds.

"I don't think I could even if I tried. You're one sticky pain in my perfect , man."

"You too", Jimin shakes.

"We're going to this party at Bambam's place. You two wanna join us?" Jongup asks. I have no idea who the hell is Bambam (even the name sounds a little bit suspicious) and I don't really know if I wanna go to a party since the last time wasn't too good either. Jimin glances at me with a questioning look on his face and I just nod because this party might be more fun than the last one.

"Sure, we're in", he says.

"Great. See ya at ten then", Jongup says and leaves. I shake my head at how big his personality is. You'd have to be blind and deaf not to notice him. Despite his shortness.

 

 

"Are you hungry, Kookie?" Jimin asks with a smile.

"Kookie?" I repeat. Nobody's really had a nickname for me before.

"Yeah, it sounds cute, doesn't it?" he smiles and gets up, pulling me with him to the kitchen.

"I don't really like it though", I shrug.

"Of course you don't. You're a grumpy teenager, you don't like anything", Jimin laughs and suddenly takes my hand in his and turns to look at me with this weird look in his eyes. For some reason I think he's going to kiss me but then he just turns around and walks to the fridge.

"I'm not a grumpy teenager", I say pouting and make Jimin laugh again. I don't know why but I feel somehow proud everytime I make him laugh.

"Maybe not grumpy but you're definitely not too bright of a person either", Jimin says and I put my hands in my pockets and lean against the kitchen table. Jimin looks through their fridge and then closes it.

"But don't worry too much about it", he says when he sees me pouting, "I still think you're cute." I can't think of anything to actually say to that so I just hit his arm.

"Wanna order pizza?" Jimin asks and slaps my hand away to show me that he doesn't appreciate my behavior.

"Sure, hyung", I say.

"The usual?"

"Yup", I nod. Jimin dials a number on his phone and gets on with ordering our food. I take the time to look at him. His dyed orange really compliments his creamy skin. His eyes are so beautiful, I haven't even noticed until now. From time to time he glances at me like checking if I'm still here, like he's a little afraid that I might just disappear and all I can see is warmth in his eyes and just by glancing at me, he makes me feel like the most loved person in the world. Jimin drops the sentence around a lot: I love you. He says it to me a lot and while it always makes me feel bubbly inside, I don't really react to it since I guess he doesn't really put that much meaning into it, he's just saying that he thinks I'm a cute dongsaeng.

Half an hour later somebody rings the doorbell and Jimin looks up from his phone. His eyes lock with mine and he stands up.

"I should get our pizza", he smiles and starts to walk towards the door but in a flash he's back in front of me and pressing his lips against mine. It takes me completely by surprise and it takes a while until I realize to actually kiss him back. Wow. Jimin's lips are so soft. He's such a good kisser. Why have I never kissed anyone when it feels so nice? This feels so good. Then Jimin pulls away.

"Wow, um, I'll be right back", he just says and leaves the kitchen.

 

 

// first of all omg i'm so sorry it's been so long!!! ;-; and sorry it's a crappy chapter... i know it's a lame excuse but i've been super with school. i did super bad on my exams and my parents were really disappointed in me so now i need to study like twice as much as i used to. also i have nine hours of dance practices every week so that's keeping me busy too... i'm so sorry!! i'll try to update soon.

but jikook kiss!! how was it?? i'm now starting to wonder if it's a little too early for that? what do you guys think? should they take a step back or just go for it?

by the way for anyone not familiar with wheein, she's a member of mamamoo (i've become totally obsessed with them, they're just too much perfection lol)

also the heights in this fic are completely inaccurate. i needed to get a short person for jimin's best friend (jimin was supposed to be tall but happens lol) and i've always thought that jongup is short and then i googled and he's actually taller than mark xD and wheein is like 8cm taller irl. but let's just play along that jongup and jimin are under 170cm, yes? :3

thanks so much for reading and see you in the next update! ^^