Chapter 3

I want to tell you I love you

One week passes by hanging out with Jimin, Taehyung, Jongup and Mark. Then a second one and then I'm hanging out with only Jimin too, when Jongup goes to Vietnam to visit his grandparents and Mark and Taehyung go to a basketball camp.

"I kinda thought you have a special diet or something because you're an athlete", I admit when we're eating french fries and hamburgers at McDonald's. I have a chicken burger since I really like chicken and Jimin has a double cheese burger since he really likes cheese. He laughs and then suddenly gets serious.

"I kinda do", Jimin whispers and leans closer, "But let's not tell anyone." Then he grins and winks at me and I feel something tickling in my stomach just like everytime he winks at me. Winking is kind of Jimin's thing. It never looks stupid when he does it and I'm a little jealous since when I do it, it looks like a just got something in my eye.

"It'll stay between you and me", I laugh. These past three weeks have been so much fun. We've been at the beach and the mall and we even went to a party once but I didn't really like it. Too many people.

"It's been so long since I've been here. I think the last time was with my ex. I used to come here all the time with him", Jimin says and looks around. I raise my eyebrows in surprise. Did he really just refer to his ex as a 'he'? Or maybe it wasn't his boyfriend, maybe just a friend? It couldn't be. Maybe I heard wrong? Jimin is like the straightest person I've ever met. Okay, maybe not quite. If someone was gay from his little posse, I thought it'd be Jongup with his diamond earrings and shirts that say stuff like I'M BILINGUAL, I SPEAK SARCASM.

"Your ex-boyfriend?" I ask just to be sure. Then I realize how bad that sounded.

"Yeah", Jimin says and looks at me, tilting his head a little.  

 

 

Believe me when I say that the rest of the day is awkward as hell. We walk around in silence and I can just feel the awkwardness between us. Of course I want to tell him that it really is okay, that I kind of like boys too. I think it'd even make me feel a little better but for some reason I just can't get the words out of my mouth.

"So, um, are you okay with it?" Jimin finally asks.

"Oh, yeah, totally. I have nothing against gay people", I say and even I can hear how convincing I do not sound.

"Alright, good then", Jimin says and judging from his tone, he noticed too. Well, damn it.  

 

 

A bit after that we part ways and I go home cursing myself. I seriously need to make this right, I think when I go to my room and slam the door closed. Not too long goes before Sojin comes to my room and sits on my bed.

"Don't you know how to knock?" I snap at her and immediately regret it. She didn't do anything wrong.

"Sorry. Are you okay?" Fortunately Sojin doesn't really care about my disrespectfulness and rudeness.

"Yeah. No. I don't know. Jeremy told me he's gay", I say and she raises her eyebrows.

"And?"

"And I made it sound like I'm not okay with it because I was so shocked."

"You didn't tell him, did you?" Sojin asks.

"No, I didn't and now he thinks I'm uncomfortable around him and don't wanna see him anymore or something", I say. Sojin shakes her head.

"You do know you can still call and tell him, right?"

"Oh, right", I feel a little bit stupid. Just a little bit.

"But I'm not sure if I'm ready to tell him that I like boys."

"Then you can just tell him that you're really okay with it", Sojin shrugs and leaves my room. I stare at my phone like it's going to tell me whether I should really call Jimin or not. Then I decide to be brave for once, dial his number and press call.

"Hey", Jimin answers after a while.

"Hey. Is it a bad time?" I ask, just like always. Jimin once said he finds it cute.

"No, not all."

"Okay, good. Um, I just wanted to say that I'm really okay with it. I was just a little shocked because, um, I like boys too and you didn't seem like you do or something", I ramble and I hear him utter a laugh.

"Yeah, it's okay, I'm just surprised you didn't notice from all my flirting to you", he says with a bright tone.

"You've been... I mean- Flirting? With me?"

"Yeah. You're just way too innocent to notice, Jungkookie, it's cute", Jimin laughs.

"What, no but I'm not..."

"I'll see you tomorrow, hot stuff", he says and hangs up. Hot stuff. Hot stuff? 

 

 

"Jimin, you seriously do not watch Pretty Little Liars", I say when I'm standing in Jimin's living room. Or, as they call it, the TV-room. There are five seasons on DVD and just beside them, there's all the seasons of Gossip Girl. From what I see, Jimin prefers American shows to Korean. At least there's all seasons of Criminal Minds too. Jimin looks at me with a few DVDs in his hands.

"Hey, don't laugh, it's a good show. And it's Jimin hyung to you", Jimin scoffs.

"And Gossip Girl?"

"Definitely one of my favorites."

"What was it about you wanting me to respect you?" I grin and earn a slap from Jimin on my arm.

"I'm gonna make you watch all of them, brat", he threathens me.

"No way I'm gonna watch them", I laugh. It's been a few days since the phone call and since then we've become even more close. I feel comfortable enough to joke around with him and well, he apparently feels comfortable enough to try to touch my or hug me every chance he gets. I push him away every time though. 

"What shows do you watch then?" Jimin asks.

"I don't actually watch any TV-shows", I shrug.

"What kinda Netflix marathons do you have then?" he laughs.

"Movie marathons", I say. Then Namjoon comes down the stairs that lead to this room with a bag of chips and a big bottle of coke.

"So kids, what are we watching today?" he asks. From getting to know Jimin's big brother, I realized where Jimin gets his ertness. I've been wondering for a while why Sojin likes him since her type is a sweet, caring guy, not one who's such a ert and jokes around with her like he's actually older instead of younger. Then again, they fit together really well. Namjoon always makes Sojin laugh and smile. Also I've noticed that the -touching apparently runs in the family. 

"We're watching Criminal Minds. But, hyung, that 'we' doesn't include you", Jimin says and goes over to Namjoon to take the bag of chips and bottle of coke.

"Fine, well it's your loss", Namjoon says dramatically, placing his hand on his heart acting like he's really insulted and then leaves the room.

 

 

"Can I ask you something?" Jimin asks, four hours of Criminal minds and two pizzas later.

"Yeah, sure", I say.

"What happened with your friend?" I hesitate a bit.

"Well, I was friends with these two guys, Jaebum and Yugyeom from like the second grade. I guess we were inseparable and we always played pranks together and stuff. Then in the eighth grade I fell for Jaebum. I think it was more of a crush though but he found out about it in the ninth grade. I didn't know Jaebum is homophobic but I figured it out pretty quickly because after he found out neither he or Yugyeom talked to me. Like they literally wouldn't even say a word. They just ditched me for good and after it I don't know if I've been too scared to make friends or if nobody really liked me. I don't know", I shrug. I don't really like talking or thinking about the whole thing. Jimin's eyes are wide in anger and surprise.

"What? What a douchebag! I can't believe someone would do that to my precious Jungkookie", he says and comes to give me a hug. For once I don't push him away.

 

Jimin and I are walking to my place. He's mostly just coming to pick up a few books that I'm making him read. Because he even watches Gossip Girl, for God's sake, I want him to read something actually not directed at girls. Jimin is wearing his white Nike shoes as always. And he takes my hand in his. I look at him in shock and he just smiles brightly and squeezes my hand. I squeeze back. I don't really know what he's thinking but I'm going to enjoy this. So we walk hand in hand.

 

// sorry it's been a while... anyways how did you like this chapter? do you wanna see more innocent or y jimin? did you like the jikook scenes in this chap? jimin's posse will come back soon if you're missing them too. thanks for reading, feel free to comment as always and see you in the next update ^^