Chapter 1

I want to tell you I love you

"No, I don't want to come", I say firmly and look back to my laptop's screen. 

"But I really want you to come. Namjoon's little brother Jimin is about your age and he's actually really nice. You could use a friend right now, too", Sojin tries one more time. She's trying to get me to come have dinner with her, her boyfriend Namjoon and Namjoon's brother Jimin but I'm not really sure about it. I'd prefer staying home and watching a movie.

"I don't know", I mumble while scrolling through my Tumblr wall.

"I'm sure Jimin will like you a lot", Sojin says smiling and turns to look at her reflection in the mirror. She's really pretty with her long, curly hair she's dyed blonde. It really suits her. She's lined her brown eyes with black eyeliner, making her eyes look even bigger.

"Yeah, right", I say.

"Come on, Jungkook-ah", Sojin turns to look at me with puppy eyes, trying to do aegyo. I think she's really good at it since she's naturally so cute too but I just find it annoying.

"Okay, I'm coming", I say and sigh. It can't be that bad, really. Sojin lets out an excited squeal.

"But not wearing that", she then gets serious and walks to my closet. I look down at my gray t-shirt. What's wrong with it? I sigh, get up and go put on the green plaid shirt Sojin picked out for me.

"It's gonna be so much fun!" she says excitedly and leaves my room to go put on some different clothes.

 

 

And so half an hour later we're standing in front of Namjoon's house and Sojin rings the door bell.

"Just be nice and remember to talk, Jungkook", she says right before Namjoon opens the door and then it's one disgustingly sweet sugary meeting when their smiles widen and then well, they feel the need to make out right in front of me. This can't be the start of a good night. Then when they pull away from each other and we go inside, I notice a short guy with orange hair leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. He still has a friendly expression on his face and I've seen him around at school, he's really popular and I can't wonder why. So this is Jimin.

"I'm Jimin", Jimin says and offers his hand and well, it's one awkward hand shake.

"Jungkook", I say.

"Too bad we have to watch them all night", Jimin grins and nods towards Namjoon and Sojin.

"Are they here a lot?" I ask. , of course they are. This is where Sojin's been for the past few weeks almost everyday. Jimin nods.

"At least five times a week. My parents basically live at work. Sometimes they don't even come home for the night so it's pretty convenient for a couple like them", he tells me and shrugs.

"That probably ", I say.

"Well yeah, sometimes it really but it's also nice to have some alone time too. Especially when Namjoon is at practice."

"What does he play?" I ask.

"Soccer, just like me", Jimin says and then leans a little closer, "Don't tell anyone but he's not too good because of his poor coordination."

"Okay", I utter a laugh.

"So do you do any sports?" Jimin asks. Well... I'm not really much of an athletic guy. Sojin says I'd be good at anything if I just tried but I don't really know.

"I used to play basketball with my friends", I answer. Ex-friends. "And of course if you count Netflix marathons", I attempt a joke even though it's a bit clumsy, okay really clumsy. Jimin laughs at my bad joke and I grin a bit. This guy's humor is either really bad or he just feels bad for me.

"Netflix marathons are my favorite", he says with a low voice and a wink and something in the way he says it makes me get chills. Then he just walks to the next room, the kitchen.

"I say we take the dinner to my room since I lose appetite any time I eat with them", Jimin suggests and I nod in agreement. Sojin and Namjoon are basically feeding each other and kissing in-between. So gross. We take some rice and chicken on our plates and glasses of coke and head to Jimin's room.

"You better behave, Jimin!" Namjoon shouts after us. Jimin's room is pretty basic: a wardrobe, table, bed of course, stereos and some posters of soccer players I don't know the names of. "You watch soccer?" Jimin asks when he sees me eyeing the posters.

"No, not really that much", I say. We sit a while in silence and then I just blurt out: "Okay, not at all." Jimin laughs and looks up at the posters too.

"Some day I'll teach you everything about soccer. You know the idea, right?" he makes sure and his smile grows.

"Yeah, of course", I say. I mean it's basically just dudes running after a ball and trying to kick it into a goal. Right?

"So, besides watching Netflix, what do you do?" Jimin asks after finishing his dinner.

"I read quite a lot. Crime books. Psychological stuff. I'm a bit boring I guess", I utter an awkward laugh. Why am I so awkward? Jimin raises his eyebrows and grins.

"If you read you must be smart. Not all athletic guys are that interesting anyways", he says and makes me raise my eyebrows.

 

 

"Jungkook-ah, we're leaving now", Sojin announces about two hours later. I look at Jimin and then stand up.

"Um, I think I've gotta go now", I say and Jimin also stands up.

"Yeah, I'll call you later, man", he says and then I leave.

"So?" Sojin asks while we're walking home. We've been quiet for the past ten minutes. I was just thinking about what really happened tonight. It feels just so weird to have a friend, if it isn't too early to call Jimin that. Should I call him hyung? He didn't mention it. I glance at Sojin. I know what she wants to know but hey, I'm her little brother so annoying her is kind of my life's meaning.

"So what, noona?"

"Did you have fun with Jimin?" she asks. I nod. I had more fun tonight than I've had in a really long time.

"What's he like?"

"Um yeah, he's cool", I say, "We're probably gonna go play basketball some day." If he ever calls me, that is. Sojin smiles.

"It's great that you got a friend", she says even though I know that she wants Jimin to be more than a friend to me. I'm just happy if he'll call and I'll get a friend.

 

// hellooo everyone ^^ why do i enjoy writing jikook so much haha anyways thanks for reading and feel free to comment :) if I'm not too tired i'll probably update this tomorrow too so look forward to it! hope you enjoyed :3