Two

That Warm Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

One Year  Later

The sound of a lawn mower has been on for about an hour and it wouldn't stop. The noise only sounded like pain that would never end when you're sleeping comfortably. Noeul had to push herself up to sit in bed and crawl out grabbing her black sweat pants and putting over a dark blue sweater.

She went to the bathroom to some business and fix her hair in a messy bun. She walked down the stairs with her eyes close and opened her eyes every two steps until she reached the front door and walked out.

She had gone to sleep late after watching a movie with Hyungsik but she didn't expect her dad to be riding around mowing the lawn at eight in the morning. Mimi was laying under the car asleep as if she is adjusted to such noise.

Noeul reached the next house and picked up a flower pot with yellow daisies blooming, smelling fresh. She grabbed the spare key and let herself in.

Before she closed the door, she put the key back and went inside. She grabbed a sticky note and wrote something down as she placed it in the bathroom across his room.

It was interesting amazing how a year had passed by and Noeul and Hyungsik grew comfortable with each other to go over to each other houses. Usually Noeul would be the one going over when she can't sleep due to a ruckus her dad was doing or he could come by because his parents were making noise.

Noeul took her place on the sofa and picked up her legs bending them close to her chest. She patted her pockets to take out her phones when she realized she left it in her room. She sighed and didn't want to think about it any longer. All she wanted was to sleep.

Thinking about how her and Hyungsik, they were close friends but they were never labeled as best friends. Just considered close friends. Within the year, she found out that he was a big fan of Girl's Generation and his bias was Sooyoung and Yuri. He also enjoyed listening to T-ARA but only liked three songs. One time, she caught him dancing to Bo Peep Bo Peep.

He claims he was practicing the dance for a bet with his friends but Noeul had a hard time believing that. She still had a video recording him just in case she for blackmail later. Even though she wasn't into much girl groups, they later grew on her.

The ones she liked most from T-ARA were, Roly Poly and Lovey Dovey. From Girl's Generation, she ended up liking Genie, I Got A Boy, Party and Lion Heart. Although, her taste went more into hip hop and upbeat like; BTS was her favorite group. She also liked, B.A.P and VIXX; recently she started listening to MONSTA X and these cute boys named ASTRO who just debuted.

She adored both of the new rookie groups.

But no one had it bad other than Hyungsik, he literally had two posters of SNSD and one of T-ARA.

Noeul smiled as she started remembering the day he asked her for help wanting to learn Lovey Dovey.

- - -

"You can't be serious Hyungsik." Noeul kept looking at him as she had her book on her lap.

He was in her room sitting on the bed. "Come on please! Once you teach me at least a verse and a chorus I won't bother you again!"

She kept looking at him and he was giving her the cutest puppy eyes he could do. "What do I get out of this?"

He smiled as he knew she was going to agree. "Anything!"

"Does it include getting money?" she smirked as she raised her one eye brow.

Hyungsik hesitated for a moment. "... How about -"

"No deal." she cut him off as she went back to reading her book. She counted in her head as Hyungsik sighed and ruffled his hair in frustration.

Three... Two... One.

"Ok fine," he looked at her with a guilt face. "How much?"

Noeul closed her book and placed it on the side as she stood up from her bed. She flicked his left ear and clicked her tongue. " When will you learn, all I want out of favors is vanilla ice cream."

Hyungsik rubbed his ear and smiled. "You could always change your mind."

She shook her head and crossed her arm over her chest. "Go get your tablet before I change my mind for real!"

He quickly ran out the room and went down the stairs. All she heard was the front door opening and closing and about three minutes later; she heard it open and close again and footsteps coming up back to her room.

He was out of breath as he handed her the tablet as he placed his hands on his knees.

"How is it that you and your brother are so different." she spoke as she started looking for the video. "Are you sure your blood related."

He looked at her and pushed her head back with his index finger. "Of course we are. Besides, he enjoys when I make him videos and send it to him."

Noeul rolled her eyes. She smiled from when his brother saw him doing a girl group dance. They were indeed different. He was more quiet and humble, whereas Hyungsik is more talkative and a bit loud.

"Let's get this over with." She placed the tablet on her bed and started looking at the dance steps.

- - -

Sighing again as she could to stop her mind from thinking when she wanted to sleep. She didn't want her sleepiness to go away. She shut her eyes and got comfortable once again on the sofa.

She wasn't sure when Hyungsik was going to wake up since, after all he was probably talking to his beloved girlfriend.

Lim Jooyeon.

They had been together for four months going into five. Hyungsik was a nervous wreck when he bumped into her one day at the mini mall. She had long dark brown hair, with a freckle on the bottom of her left eye in the corner. Her parents owned a flower shop and she even worked there.

Being a good close friend as Noeul is, she pretended to be interested in flowers and asked her about different flowers. If anything she did it for Hyungsik's interest and in exchange, he helped her to talk about herself and her mom.

Noeul wasn't a fan of talking about her mom since she shut her dad out, but Hyungsik wanted her to be able to saw the word 'mom' without any problems. It was a bit difficult at first, but on her birthday he took her out for a drive and went to visit her place setting in a building where other loved ones were placed.

Noeul cried all day on her birthday and had a headache by the time she returned home. She lost the power to stand so Hyungsik carried her to her room and gave her some pain killers so she could sleep comfortable.

The next day after, she thanked Hyungsik for what he did and they have been close ever since. She treasured that day and her friendship with him.

- - -

Hyungsik stirred in his sleep as his phone kept buzzing since he left it on his bed. He moved around a bit trying to ignore it but somehow the phone was winning. He sat up with his eyes still closed not bothering to open. He sighed as it continued to buzzed. He patted his hand around the bed until he found it.

He saw his mother calling in. He answered the call and sighed into the phone. "Yes Mom?"

"You're still asleep?" she spoke answering him. "It's eleven in the afternoon already, get up and check if we have some cabbage for kimchi. I'm at the store with your father."

"Let me guess," he moved the blankets off him and went to open the door to his room. He saw the sticky note on the bathroom door and read it.

I'm here on the sofa.

- Noeul

He smiled as he took off the sticky note and crumbled it in his hands. "You lost dad in the store."

"Of course," she sighed. "I can never bring him here. He acts more his shoe size then his age."

Hyungsik chuckled as he went back into his room getting a small plush blanket and walked out with the phone pressed between his shoulder and cheek. "I'm going to the fridge right now."

He saw Noeul curled in a small ball with her head on the arm rest using it for a pillow. He couldn't help but smile and opened the blanket placing it carefully on top of her. She moved a bit and cuddle into the blanket

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter