Fourteen

That Warm Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're sure you don't have plans in marrying my daughter?" Mr. Kang asked Jaejoong the question as he was staring at him.

"Oh my gosh Dad! Stop it!"  Noeul whined as she had her arms linked with Jaejoong. "Oppa wouldn't go that far with me. Our relationship is nothing than sibling love."

"I don't believe you!" Mr. Kang smirked at the two young ones in front of him.

Jaejoong laughed at the interaction of Noeul and her dad. He was happy that he got to bring her home. He was a bit anxious to meet her dad since it's the first time. He had only met her mother but when he enlisted he didn't meet her father.

"I'm sure Mr. Kang." Jaejoong finally spoke out. "Noeul is another sister added to my family."

"How many sisters do you have exactly?" Mr. Kang asked.

Jaejoong started counting on his fingers. "I have eight older sisters, one half sister and one half brother."

Mr. Kang suddenly stayed quiet and blinked his eyes. "How is that even possible?"

"Dad!" Noeul made a face at him trying to get him to stop.

Jaejoong patted her hand assuring her it was fine. "I was adopted when I was younger and my birth parents came later. I didn't want to talk to them at first since I had a family already who loved me when they didn't have to. But now we are on good terms. My grandma is from my birth parents. She was the one who didn't approve of my parents giving me up."

Noeul knew his story. They only talked about it once and never again. His half siblings were somewhat nice to him but they were jealous of the relationship he had with his adoptive family and her. Noeul knew all his older sisters, she got along with them all but they are all living their own life in different parts of the world.

Two went to America, two more went to Canada, another pair went to United Kingdom and the last pair stayed in Seoul. They only came around for the holidays and within a few days they would go back.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." Noeul looked at her father who had his head down with a sigh.

She smiled and shook her head. "It's ok dad, Oppa is happy and alive right now. Don't go thinking his life is broken."

Mr. Kang glared at his daughter for such a remark and rolled his eyes.

Jaejoong smiled and nudged Noeul with his arm. "I should get going, I don't want to leave my grandma alone for too long."

Noeul pouted but she knew he was right. He got up and gave her a tight hug before he went to Mr. Kang bowing at him.

"Thank you for taking care of my daughter for all this time."

Jaejoong softened as he looked back at Noeul. "I'd do anything to see her happy."

Hearing those words made her heart feel warm but she loved him a lot as an older brother. She hugged him one last time before he walked out of the house and got into his car.

Mr. Kang sighed as he watched the car leave and get smaller from the distance. "So do you want to go over to Hyungsik's for a while?"

Noeul shook her head. "I have to unpack and do stuff."

He shook his head at his daughter and before going back inside; at the house near his, he saw a figure watching trying to hide between the bushes. "These kids will have an interesting night."

- - -

During the late afternoon, Noeul heard nothing but quiet in the house. She was a bit worried since all she was doing in her room was reading and listening to music. She turned off the music on her phone and went downstairs. She didn't see her dad anywhere.

She went to the back and saw Mimi chasing a bunny keeping her busy. Going back inside, she went to his room and it was empty. A bit of panic started taking over her when she found a small note on his desk.

Sweetheart,

I went out with the Parks. We are going into the city for the day. Hyungsik is home but he will be spending the night over. I don't want you being alone. Dinner is already made, Hyungsik will bring that over. Have fun ok?

Love Dad.

Fun?

What does that even mean?

I don't really want to see Hyungsik after what I said to him.

As she walked out of his room she heard someone knock on the door and it slowly opened. When meeting face to face with the one person she wasn't ready to see, she felt her heart jump quickly as their eyes met.

"Um.. hey." Hyungsik bit the side of his bottom lip. "My parents and your dad suddenly left to the city."

"Do you know for what?" she asked him as she crossed her arms.

Hyungsik shook his head and rubbed the back of his neck. "I was asleep up until now. I went into the kitchen and I found a note."

Noeul gave a nod and walked passed him but then stopped. She turned to face him and his eyes never left hers. She looked down at the bag he was holding. "Is that for tonight?"

He looked down at the blue bag and nodded. "I'll put it in the fridge."

She didn't want to stay so she went back up the stairs to her room.

How odd.. I didn't hear dad leave.

She sat on her bed and shortly after she heard another soft knock. She looked up seeing Hyungsik leaning against the door frame.

"When did you get in?" he asked as he never took his eyes off her. He never wanted to stop looking at the girl who had beautiful clear skin, her hair was in a messy bun but she still looked beautiful. He noticed the blush forming on her cheeks as she bit her bottom lip.

He kept fighting his urge to just hold her in his arms and explain everything to her. But for now, he needed to wait until tonight. It was part of the plan Mr. Kang talked about with him.

Noeul cleared looking away from him. "About three hours ago."

"What have you been doing?" he didn't know what else to do but ask questions.

It feels awkward again... damn it!

"Just listening to music and reading my manga." she laid on her stomach and grabbed her book again to continue you reading.

"How about we watch a movie? You should rest your eyes from reading so much." Hyungsik took a step into her room and waited for her next move.

My eyes do kind of hurt...

I guess.

Noeul got up from her bed and walked passed him going into the guest room. She saw a few pillows on the side with a blanket.

When did dad put these here?

I feel so confused right now.

Hyungsik came in and saw Noeul already sitting down on the futon with one of the pillows on her lap.

"You can choose the movie." she looked at him giving a side smile.

Me? Pick?

Let's see.

He looked down the row of movies until a smile was on his face as he found what he wanted to watch. He took it out of the case and put it on. He grabbed the remotes turning on the TV and taking his place on the futon as well. The smile he had never left his face. He only waited for Noeul's reaction.

When the main menu came on to the movie Hyungsik picked. Noeul clicked her tongue and rolled her eyes. "You're kidding me right?"

"Nope." Hyungsik pressed the play button and let the movie start.

"It's not even Halloween or Christmas." Noeul turned back looking at the screen as she started seeing different doors.

"Who says, I can only watch it when its Halloween or Christmas?" He turned to look at her raising his eyebrows. "You told me to pick a movie and so I did. If you don't want to watch it, you can go back to your room."

The last words Hyungsik said made him feel nothing but regret.

Please don't leave.

Please don't leave.

Noeul let out a heavy sigh and kept her eyes glued to the screen.

Hyungsik smirked as he knew he won and looked back at the screen. The song started playing and he was singing along. He loved the movie he picked. It was far beyond his favorite and it was created very cool.

Thank you for staying.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter