Thirteen

That Warm Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two long hours of a pure hard work in the gym is usually painful and exhausting for someone who doesn't do it every day. But for Hyungsik it felt relaxing and unwinding himself. He had stayed talking to Siwan for another hour talking about random things yet his mind always went back to Noeul.

He tried calling her a few times but she didn't answer.

Siwan had suggesting his friend to go and blow off his stress and frustration in a nice work out. Hyungsik didn't have a pair of workout clothes but thankfully, Siwan let him borrow a shirt that was gray and sleeveless and black basketball shorts with a pair of running shoes.

When Hyungsik had changed comfortably, he went to tread mill to get a simple warm up. He jogged for ten minutes until he slowed himself for a walk and drank water from the fountain that was near him. He only took two sips and went off to do something else.

Hyungsik could already feel sweat forming on his head and his arms. The quick run did do him some good as he felt a bit better.

He then moved on to do some bench pressing. He put two ten pounds on each side of the bar and laid down. He did two sets during the bench press. He took a minute break after he did the first set of counting to thirty and then started again counting in his head.

By the time he finished he could feel sweat rolling down his head to his neck. His hair was becoming damped and some drops fell off touching the floor. He sighed as took a sip of cold water going down his throat, giving him a cooling sensation.

When he started lifting weights his mind was becoming less of a thunderstorm. As much as he could he wanted to block out any thoughts of Jooyeon and Noeul but sadly, his mind went to Noeul of what happened earlier. He wished badly to go back in time to that moment and wished he never left. He wanted to fix things with her and it should have started when Jooyeon was in the kitchen.

His mind was still hazy with everything that happened today and he wished his mind was a clear sky looking up at the beautiful night sky.

The last thing Hyungsik workout on was lat pull down. He was lifting about fifty pounds to start off. He didn't want to hurt himself. With every pull he could feel his heart pumping fast and hard. He was already drenched in his own sweat.

Every few seconds he could feel sweat roll down his neck to the back of his body as his shirt was slowly sticking to him. Parts of his sweat would come down from the tips of his hair as he breathed out as he pulled. He did lat pull down's for thirty minutes until he knew his mind was slightly hazy and relaxed.

He took a warm shower letting himself relax as he blocked out everything. Working out did help his mind as Siwan mentioned. It was a bit hard at first but it was relaxing.

It definitely helped him.

- - -

As Hyungsik arrived him he saw a figure sitting outside on the front steps messing with their phone. Feeling his heart suddenly race he got out of the car and as he got closer his heart dropped to his stomach feeling disappointed.

The person that was waiting outside was Jooyeon.

She looked up from her phone and smiled. "Hey where have you been?"

Hyungsik sighed as he looked down. "Out. Come on, I'll take you home."

He turned around going back to the car and unlocked it. He opened the passenger side and waited for Jooyeon to get in. When she did, he went to the driver's side and started up the car. The radio was playing softly as no words between them were exchanged.

Jooyeon could sense something was wrong but she couldn't decided which were the right words to say. She chewed on her bottom lip as she looked out the window as she got closer to home.

Hyungsik parked the car and got out shutting the door behind him. He leaned against the hood as he put his hands in his pockets. Seeing Jooyeon made his mind become a storm again. He shut his eyes trying to relax him from snapping at her about the slap.

When he heard the car door open and close he knew then he had to open his eyes but he waited.

"What's wrong?" Jooyeon spoke as she stood in front of him. She crossed her arms around her chest and waited. "Did something bad happen?"

Clenching his jaw, Hyungsik slowly opened his eyes and looked at Jooyeon. "I'm trying really hard not to snap at you."

Jooyeon widen her eyes at his remark. She felt her heart jumping full of anxious. "Wh-why would you s-snap at m-me?"

He closed his eyes and sighed. Opening them one more time he stared at Jooyeon with cold and hurtful eyes. "Why did you slap Noeul?"

Five seconds went by and Jooyeon scoffed as she rolled her eyes. "Are you seriously asking me that?"

"Yes, I'm seriously asking you that!" Hyungsik removed his hands from his pockets and curled them into a fist. "I know the truth Jooyeon! But I want to hear it from you!"

Feeling hurt and betrayed Jooyeon's nose flared open as she clenched her jaw. "SHE KISSED YOU! HOW COULD I NOT SLAP HER!"

"YOU SHOULD HAVE SLAPPED ME INSTEAD! I WAS THE ONE WHO CHEATED, NOT HER!" Hyungsik pushed himself off the car as he inched closer to the girl standing in front of him. "Sure she kissed me first," his voice was still loud but calmer. "I didn't kiss her back. Once she moved away I pulled her back and kis - "

SLAP.

Hyungsik felt a hard and stinging sensation running all over his right cheek. He clenched his jaw again dealing with the pain.

"I. Saw. Everything." Jooyeon said through her teeth. "I saw her kissing you first. I saw her move away. I saw her being pulled back by you as you cupped her face and kissed her. I saw how your arms held her close to you. I SAW EVERYTHING!"

Hearing those words loud and clear, Hyungsik turned his head and faced Jooyeon. "Then why did you slap her first and not me?" 

"Like I said..." she crossed her arms again. "She kissed you! She deserves it and I told her to stay away from you."

Hyungsik scoffed this time and smiled as he looked up at the sky. "You're unbelievable!"

"How am I 'unbelievable'? I did it because I was angry at her and you. I figured it would be easy to slap her and forget it when I saw you." Jooyeon looked away for a moment and stared at Hyungsik as his eyes were glaring at her.

"You're wrong Jooyeon." he spoke as he took a step back and leaned against the hood again. "Because of you, she isn't returning my calls, my text messages, she went to stay in the city for a few days and when I go to see her, she won't even talk to me! She kept telling me to go home!"

Jooyeon had her jaw slightly opened.

He went to go see her?

That's where he was all day!

"YOU'RE A JERK!" she went towards him and slammed her fist on his chest. "HOW COULD GO AND SEE HER! WHAT ABOUT ME! I'M YOUR GIRLFRIEND!"

Hyungsik grabbed her wrists to stop her hitting him again and couldn't take her dramatic personality anymore. The next words that left his mouth made his heart jump and in a good way. "I LOVE HER!"

Jooyeon stopped moving for a moment and pulled her wrists away from him. "What did you just say?"

He sighed and kept looking at her. "I love her. I love Noeu - "

SLAP.

The same stinging sensation was on his cheek but this time it was his left. He clenched his jaw and shut his eyes for a moment before opening them. When he met eyes with Jooyeon, she had tears forming and soon they slid down her cheek.

"H-how could you?" her voice was soft and broken. "Did you ever love me?"

He looked at her for a moment and looked down. "I've only liked you. I've never really thought about love towards you."

Closing her eyes, more tears slid down as she covered with one hand. Surely a minute had passed before she could look up and try to be prepared for the next question she will ask. "How long have you felt that way for her?"

Hyungsik didn't look at her and only shrugged. "I'm not too sure, my feelings were confused until I spent more time with her and when we kissed it just felt... perfect."

"You're cruel Park Hyungsik." Her tears kept sliding down her cheek and she didn't bother pushing them again. "So this is it then? We are done and you will be going to her?"

He looked up at her finally. "She doesn't want to see me right now. I'm going to wait until she comes home to talk to her. But yes, we are done."

Jooyeon nodded and bit her bottom lip.

"I'm sorry it turned out this way." he spoke softly.

"Me too."

- - -

The next afternoon, Noeul was playing poker with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter