Eight

That Warm Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few days had passed by for Noeul and Hyungsik and neither of them had seen each other or spoke about the water hose incident. But the funny thing was to the both of them is that they would send text messages to each other or do mini videos on snapchat.

Yet it was never in person for the two.

Lately for dinner, Noeul was warming up leftovers and she would beg her dad for them to have dinner just them too. Mr. Kang wanted to have his usual dinner with his neighbors but he didn't want to ignore his daughters request.

In the Park family, Mr. and Mrs. Park would miss the two missing people in at their dinner table but Mrs. Park already knew why they hadn't come over. It was because the two young ones were simply avoiding what happened the other day. She only smiled as she ate her food and would bring up topics for her family.

She even brought up Jooyeon out of curiosity for Hyungsik. She could see her son fidget in his seat and think on the which words were safe enough to leave his mouth. Mrs. Park held in her laugh as much as she could.

In some moments she left as if she was playing cupid with her son and the girl next door. It was just cute to watch him argue over little things but more importantly; it was cute seeing how certain things affect one another and they are trying to fix the situations.

- - -

Noeul was laying on her back as she held up her manga book in front of her face. She was reading her favorite manga that her and her mother loved reading. It was Meripuri; the story was cute, simple and funny. She flipped the pages of the book and continued reading until she heard the doorbell ring.

She ignored it since her dad was home and he would get it. She heard a few voices down stairs and couldn't make them out. Sighing she went back to focusing on the manga until she heard a soft knock on her door. She flipped the page and looked towards the door.

She smiled seeing a familiar face with his hands in his pockets.

"Hey! What brings you here?" she moved to sit up and put her book down.

Siwan sighed and shut his eyes as he made his way towards her. "Do you know how hard it was for me to convince Kwanghee to let you come with us today?"

She gave out a laugh and gave him a confused look. "Oh the horror it must have been."

Siwan sat on the bed and laid back. "He wanted to hangout today so I said fine, but he wanted to bring Hyungsik along so I told him I wanted to invite you. He only agreed if we weren't being lovey dovey."

Noeul shook her head and lightly smacked his arm. "Now I'm going have that song in my head!"

Siwan laughed as he pushed Noeul off the bed. "Go and put something cute on."

"Why cute? Are we putting on a show?" She went to her closet to find something nice to wear. "Hyungsik knows we were only playing around."

The boy nodded his head and moved up using his elbows for support. "Yeah I haven't told Kwanghee that."

Noeul turned around and dropped her jaw with a smile on her face. "Why not?"

He winked at her. "It's all part of my plan for later on."

She clicked her tongue and went back to look at her closet. "I don't know what to wear. It depends on what we are going to do."

Siwan got off the bed and went to her closet. "We are going into the your so called city to the Treasure Markets."

Noeul squealed as she jumped on her heels. "Yay! Really?"

She loved going to Treasure Markets. They always had cute and antique things. Sometimes there were handcrafted items that she loved.

Siwan grabbed something and handed them to Noeul. "Here, now go change."

She nodded and went to her bathroom. A smile was plastered on her face as she looked at what Siwan picked out for her. She shook her head and laughed. She quickly fixed her hair in a ponytail letting her bang fall in the front of her face.

Noeul put on some powder for her face and some blush making her cheeks light pink yet natural. She left the bathroom and walked into her room. "How do I look?"

Siwan looked up from his phone and smiled. "Perfect."

"Sometimes I wonder if you're really straight." Noeul smiled as she went to get her shoes from the closet.

"Very funny." he mumbled. "Besides, I didn't pick those out for me. They are for Hyungsik to have him be speechless."

Noeul sat on her bed and starting putting on her shoes. "I didn't tell you what happened with the water hose for you to play a baby that owns a bow and arrow with wings and wears diapers. I told you because your my close best friend aside from that nitwit that I can tell stuff too."

Siwan let out a laugh and hummed. "Even so, I think you both secretly like each other but won't admit yet."

"How can that even be possible if he has a girlfriend." Noeul finished tying one shoe and started on the other one.

Siwan stayed quiet and started remembering what happened the past few days ago.

- - -

"So you both were basically acting like kids and before you both knew it you almost kissed each other?" Siwan laughed over the phone.

 He had gotten a call from Noeul around ten at night and she had been feeling nervous and wanted to talk to someone. She needed to get the recent events out of her system. So she ended up calling Siwan.

"I didn't ask for him to move closer to me and almost kiss me!" she hissed into the phone. Noeul had just gotten out of the shower and was sitting under the covers keeping warm.

Siwan sighed into the phone. "Alright alright, I have one question and I won't ask again."

Noeul hummed as she agreed for him to ask.

"If you're dad hadn't interrupted you guys, would you have kissed him back if he actually kissed you?" he asked seriously. "Don't lie to me either."

Noeul shut her eyes and felt her heart racing. She couldn't stop it. Just thinking about that moment as if it was a small clip replaying in her mind. She felt her cheeks burning and let out a sigh hoping to calm down. "Do I really have to answer that?"

"Yes."

She sighed again and opened her eyes. "Yes."

"Yes what?" she could tell Siwan had a smirk on his face. He wanted her to say it correctly.

"Yes, I would have kissed him back." she said through her teeth.

Siwan laughed at her answer. "You do like him after all but won't admit it."

"No I don't! He has a girlfriend!" she defended herself.

"So? Feelings can change. It's only a matter of time." he stated back. They spoke for a bit longer until Noeul was getting sleepy and they hung up.

He was about to go to bed as well until he got a call from Hyungsik. He tilted his head to the side and wondered why he was calling.

Siwan felt a smile forming on his face as he answered the call. "What's up?"

"I uh..." there was silence over the phone.

Siwan raised his eyebrows as he waited for his friend to finish his sentence. Although, he already knew what he was going to say. He just wanted Hyungsik to say it.

"I almost kissed Noeul."  a sigh was heard over the cell as if it was great weight on his shoulders.

Siwan could only smile wide and shake his head.

I swear these two are too cute.

"How do you feel about that?" he asked Hyungsik; who had been quiet.

"I... I don't know... we were playing around and before I knew it. I couldn't control myself. I really just wanted to kiss her. But her dad came and we moved away from each other."

Siwan could hear the confusion in Hyungsik's voice but the answers were right in front of him. "Aren't you glad Jooyeon isn't around right now?"

"She can't know about this! EVER!" Hyungsik started to get riled up. "What happened between Noeul and I was...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter