Seven

That Warm Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Noeul woke up the next day it was passed breakfast and in the middle of day. She had taken a quick shower and dressed up for what was left. Usually her dad didn't mind her sleeping in but he would get after her.

Her eyes were a bit red and puffy from the crying she had done. She hoped no one would question her about later but it was doubtful. She went downstairs and noticed the house was empty. She found a note on the counter from her dad saying he went to do errands with Mr. Park.

Noeul grabbed a glass and pour some orange juice and found some kimchi inside the fridge. She loved eating kimchi and especially when it was mixed with fried rice. She quickly made a small batch for herself and went back to her room with the small bowl in her hands.

She made her bed as she ate her food and picked up around the house. The house was never really dirty but she is just used to moving around cleaning up a bit.  She washed a few loads of clothes that was hers' and put them away. She then did a few loads of her dad's clothes and put them away.

When she thought she did enough she grabbed her phone and walked next door to Hyungsik's house. She didn't bother knocking as soon as she arrived; she opened the door and saw Mrs. Park in the kitchen getting ready to make dinner.

"Hi Mrs. Park." Noeul walked up to her and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Oh Hi dear!" she gave her a quick hug and looked at her eyes. "Why are your eyes a bit swollen? Did you cry last night?"

Noeul smiled and shook her head. "It's nothing, I'm fine."

Mrs. Park smiled and went back to cleaning a few of the vegetables. "Check if Hyungsik has his clothes ready to be washed."

Noeul scoffed and crossed her arms. "He still has you do his laundry? I do my own and I do my dad's. Its child's job to take care of their parent once their old enough to do so."

Mrs. Park laughed as she nodded. "I agree, but I think only Minsik is the one that does that. Hyungsik is a bit spoiled."

The young girl clicked her tongue and shook her head. "You need to leave for a few days and have him take care of himself. You're not his maid."

Mrs. Park laughed again at her comment. "I know dear, I know. I guess it's because I'm just used to it. But you are right."

Noeul took a piece of cucumber and put in . "I'm going to go give him a piece of my mind now."

She walked off leaving Mrs. Park to continue cutting the vegetables. She sighed and a smile formed on her face as she shook her head. "She is a perfect match for him."

- - -

Hyungsik had been in his room since the moment he woke up. He had breakfast with his parents and took a shower then started playing a video game. He had a few text messages from Kwanghee asking him if he wanted to hang out but he never replied back. He didn't feel like going out today.

He paused his game when he heard two people talking in the kitchen. When he recognized the other voice he felt his heart jump. He shut his eyes and let out a sigh as he resumed to his game. He felt his mind going into different thoughts and he only wanted to block them out.

Usually going to the gym and blowing out his frustration was very helpful or when he felt lazy playing a video game was something simple. He didn't feel like going to gym because deep down he wanted to spend time with Noeul today.

Let it begin...

He heard a soft knock but didn't bother turning around. His eyes were still glued to the TV. His nose picked up the scent of raspberry floating around the room and knew who it was. Again he felt his heart jumping quickly. He pressed the buttons on the remote harder than before.

Before he could even cross the bridge his character jumped and fell into the fire. He had been playing one of his Super Mario games today.

"When will you learn not to fall into the fire?" Noeul spoke as she sat on his bed. She looked around his room and saw piles of clothes in different spots. "Also, when will you learn to do your own laundry? Your mom isn't your maid. You should be taking care of her, your old enough."

He smirked and turned his chair around faced her.

Her eyes are swollen.

Why did she cry last night?

He had heard the conversation from the kitchen and felt an uncertain pain in his chest. He wasn't sure why but it bothered him. He pushed the thought away and opened his mouth. "Did you just come over to give a lecture or out of boredom?"

Noeul looked up and tapped her chin with her index finger. "A bit of both."

He scoffed and got up getting his clothes from the floor and walked out of his room. Noeul couldn't help but follow him.

"Mom, I'm going to wash my clothes this time." he went to the hallway and opened up the washer and placed the clothes inside and the soap. He closed the lid and faced Noeul since he already knew she was there behind him. "Happy?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "Why are you asking me? You should be doing that all the time."

His upper lip turned into a snarl as he hissed at her. Before he could even do anything Noeul flicked his forehead and heard him hiss in pain. He glared at her. "What was that for?"

She flicked his forehead again but harder and heard him groan.

"YAH!" he bit his bottom lip trying not to hit her back.

"The first one is for snarling at me." she crossed her arms and smiled. "The second one was because I wanted too."

She turned and went into the kitchen and went to Mrs. Park again. "Can you believe that Hyungsik listens to me instead of you when it comes to washing his clothes?"

Mrs. Park smiled and shook her head. "Maybe he has a soft spot for you."

Wh-what?

What is she talking about?

"As if!" Noeul replied as she saw Hyungsik coming into the kitchen rubbing his forehead. "Your mom just told me that you have a soft spot for me."

Hyungsik blinked his eyes at her for a moment.

Maybe...

He gave her a smug smile and walked up to his mother. "She is being delusional. Why would I have a soft spot for you?"

SMACK!

Mrs. Park had given Hyungsik a look the moment those words left his mouth.

"Ow!" he rubbed his arm up and down. "What was that for?"

His mother gave him an disappointed look. "I never want to hear you say that again Park Hyungsik."

He blinked at his mother and then looked at Noeul who had no idea what was going on.

Mrs. Park sighed and kept looking at her son. "You do have a soft spot for Noeul whether you will admit it or not. You care for her more than you think too."

Noeul felt her cheeks burn a bit.

What's going on with this atmosphere?

Hyungsik's eyes went back to Noeul's and their gaze locked. They suddenly felt something unexplainable. Both of their hearts were racing and they couldn't understand why was it reacting this way now. Why now? Why not before when they first met? Why now?

He broke the gaze and looked at his mom and mumbled a sorry at her. He walked out of the kitchen with his head down and went to his room. He sat on his bed and ran his fingers through his hair.

She is right... I do have a soft spot for her.

He shut his eyes and hoped his heart would back to his normal pace. He didn't want to get those crazy thoughts again. When he opened his eyes he saw Noeul leaning against the wall near the door frame.

She had her hair in a messy bun and a wore a one of his shirts she liked with his black and white plaid shirt he lend her from yesterday. Her jeans were light blue with a few torn holes. "I think I'll go home."

He blinked at her and stood up. "Why?"

She shrugged and pushed herself off the wall. "The atmosphere is a bit weird and uncomfortable. I feel like it's my fault." She looked down and then back up giving him a smile. "I'll just see you for dinner."

She turned around and took a few steps out of the room before Hyungsik reacted and pulled her back into his room. He quickly closed the door and leaned her back against it.

"Don't go." he said as his face was nearly a few inches away from her. "Stay. Please."

Noeul suddenly felt nervous at how close they were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter