Nineteen

That Warm Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three Weeks 

Everyday always brought butterflies to Noeul's stomach. She enjoyed every day with Hyungsik and of course, her dad and his parents along with Minsik. She had one big happy family around her all the time. She never wanted to let them go.

Mrs. Han and Jaejoong were always part of her daily life checking up on her and on weekends when she could, she would spend a few nights with Jaejoong. On those days, Hyungsik missed her a lot but he was the one who would pick her up and drop her off.

They never missed a chance to call or text each other.

In the afternoon, they were having a cook-out for Mrs. Park's birthday, she couldn't celebrate it like she wanted to due to her health for getting a cold and needed lots of bed rest. Minsik and Hyungsik took turns taking care of her while Mr. Park was in Seoul taking care of some business.

Noeul was cutting up a few vegetables and placing them on the screw wire to be grilled. She jumped when she felt a pair of arms wrap around her body. She knew it was Hyungsik but she didn't like it when she was holding the knife. She ended up elbowing him in the rib side as he just started kissing her neck.

"Ow!" he moved away from her and heard her laugh. "What was that for?"

"How many times do I have to tell you," she looked up at him with the knife facing upward. "Don't surprise me when I'm cutting. I don't want to lose a finger."

He rubbed his side and gave her a nod. "I know but I couldn't help it. You're not paying attention to me."

She rolled her eyes and finished up cutting as she put the vegetables one by one. "Stop being clingy and go help my dad and yours or go play with Mimi."

He sighed and left her a kiss on the cheek going outside to the back.

"Big baby." Noeul mumbled as she smiled.

During the times of being together, Noeul and Hyungsik have been closer than ever, both mentally and physically. There was one day when they were messing around in her house while her dad was away for two days. Hyungsik stayed over to keep her company and before he knew it, one kiss lead to a passionate one and then that night; they ended up sleeping together for the first time.

It wasn't romantic as she hope like in movies but it was magical and it was a mutual feeling for them both. The next morning, Noeul woke up sore but Hyungsik did his best taking care of her. He even gave her a small gift, just because he wanted too.

Noeul looked down at her bracelet that Hyungsik had given her and she never took it off. Only when she showered and went to sleep, other than that, she always wore the five strap bracelet. It was in her second favorite color which was Dark Blue and what she loved most about it was, it had the words 'love' and 'best friends'.

Hyungsik is her love and best friend.

When Hyungsik told her about that one time they went to Treasure Market, he bought something when they were looking at the bracelets. It was for her originally, but he didn't know when the right time was to give it to her. She is after all his best friend and he loves her either way.

But seeing how they are both in love with each other. The gift is still prefect for her. She gladly accepted it from him and kissed him shortly after.

She finished up with the vegetables she carried them outside and saw her dad, Mr. Park and Hyungsik laughing amongst themselves. Mimi came to her side jumping on her happily. Hyungsik turned around and saw his girl carrying a small tray. He took it from her hands and placed it on the table.

"I was just telling your dad that Jihye is hoping in about three years from now, you and Hyungsik get married." Mr. Park laughed. "She has the wildest ideas."

"Well she did predict the kids on getting together." Mr. Kang laughed as well.

"It's the typical boy meets girl next door and end up falling in love and getting together love story." Noeul smiled as she bumped her hip with Hyungsik.

He smiled at her and wrapped his arm around her waist pulling her closer. "I wouldn't mind marrying Noeul as long as it's ok with you Mr. Kang?"

Mr. Kang smiled at the young boy. "I don't you'll need my approval, its more towards Jaejoong and Mrs. Han."

"What the heck dad!" Noeul moved next to him and playfully smacked his arm. "You have a say too."

"Of course, I always get the last word." he winked at her with a sly smile.

She smiled at her dad as she kissed his cheek making him laugh. Before she went back to Hyungsik, she whispered in his dad's ear. "Do you think mom would approve?"

He looked at her as his smile faded a bit and then patted her hair. "I think she would have liked him a lot."

Noeul smiled at her dad and went back to her place next to Hyungsik. He grabbed her hand and they went for a small walk in the backyard. He interlaced their fingers together and Noeul grabbed his arms with her free hand and kept each other close.

"What did you tell your dad when you whispered to him?" He asked as he looked down and then ahead as he saw Mimi in front.

"I asked him if my mom would approve of you if we got married." she felt her heart jumping quickly as she felt her stomach filled with butterflies.

"What did he say?" he kissed the side of her head.

"My mom would have liked you." she stopped walking and they faced each other. "Talking about marriage is a bit too soon don't you think?"

He chuckled and cupped her face, he pulled her closer and kissed her forehead. "It is but I'm happy with how we are."

"Including what happened a week ago or...?"

He knew she was embarrassed bring up the topic. He pulled her closer making sure there was no space between them and wrapped his arms around her waist. He waited until her arms were locked around his neck. "I love you and I love everything we do together. I don't regret that day because it made us closer and I always want to feel this way."

"What about when he argue?" she gave him a small frown.

"It's going to be normal for us but I'm pretty sure we can manage and fix through it." he pecked her nose and then lifted her head up by his nose bumping it next to hers wanting to claim her lips. When he did so, she pushed on her toes trying to be at his level.

She found herself smiling between the kiss until they heard someone call out to them in a distance. They both pulled back and shared a smile.

"We can continue this conversation later." he winked at her.

"Oh? Is this what you call it?" Noeul raised her eyebrows at him with a smirk. "I thought it was called 'kissing my girl'. "

"Nope, we are discussing something very important and got interrupted." he chuckled as they both walked back.

"Remind me why I put up with you this way?" she asked him.

"Because," he let go of her hand and went behind her giving her a back hug and continued walking. "You won't find anyone else better than me."

She laughed as he kissed her left cheek. "You dork."

- - -

Just as Hyungsik and Noeul arrived back to the house, they were surprised to see an unexpected guest that Minsik brought over.

Jooyeon.

They were all sitting in the living room in silence. Hyungsik had his hand together with Noeuls' as she was biting her bottom lip. She looked at Minsik; who was smiling at her and looked at Jooyeon who knew everyone was feeling a bit uncomfortable. She leaned to Minsik as he listened and gave a nod.

"Hey, Hyungsik I need you to help me with something at home." Minsik looked at his younger brother.

Hyungsik at first didn't want to go but he couldn't disobey his older sibling. He looked at Noeul and gave her hand a squeeze indicating he will be back. She gave him a nod with a smile and he leaned into her side giving her a quick kiss on the cheek.

The boys left leaving the girls alone. Noeul looked at her fingers fiddling with them for a bit until she looked at Jooyeon, who was looking at her with a small smile.

"Would you like something to drink?" Noeul decided to break the ice.

Jooyeon shook her head. "I was wondering if we could talk?"

Talk...ok

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter