YoungK - Depression

BTS, GOT7 & DAY6 One-Shot Collection {REQUESTS OPEN}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Member: Kang Younghyun/Brian Kang

Other Characters: Wonpil, Jinyoung, Yugyeom, Sungjin, Junhyeok, Dowoon, Jaehyung, Jaebum, Baek Yerin

Genre: Romance & Angst

Prompt: Depression

Drabble or One-Shot: One-Shot

Requester: Osnaptizkyu

Brian Kang huffed in frustration as he flopped down on his bed. Brian's flatmate and friend, Kim Wonpil, patted his back with a sad smile. Wonpil knew and understood what his friend was going through.

Brian's girlfriend, Baek Haneul has been missing for the past two months. She just disappeared without a trace and her family had no idea where she was either. The only thing that Brian knew was that Haneul got into a pretty bad accident which left her in the hospital two months ago. Haneul had been in a pretty serious car accident while on the way to the airport. Haneul was a tennis player and she was on her way to France to play in the French Open when the accident happened. Their van had collided with a speeding car. Haneul and her coach's family were badly injured. Her coach and his eldest daughter were killed in the crash, his wife suffered fractures to her left arm and left knee while his two younger sons and younger daughter suffered concussions and injuries. Haneul suffered a torn ligament and a broken left wrist. Brian was overseas when the accident happened and when he got back, Haneul was just gone, without a trace or notice. Brian was extremely distressed and shocked when Haneul's father told him the news when he picked up Brian from the airport. Brian had been planning on proposing on Haneul, he was planning on asking Haneul's parents for their permission to marry her when he returned from overseas.

"Take a rest, hyung. You can't give up but you have to rest properly too." Said Wonpil.

Wonpil handed Brian a bowl of stew and the older male sipped it gently. Brian was grateful for having Wonpil has his flatmate. They were colleagues and were close. Of course, Brian's other friends Park Jaehyung, Park Sungjin, Im Junhyeok and Yoon Dowoon helped him out too, but Wonpil as his flatmate helped him out more. Wonpil made sure that Brian ate his meals properly and was able to help Brian take a month off to look for Haneul but still to no avail. Brian returned to work a month ago, and he continued searching in evenings and weekends.

"Have an early night hyung, it's the weekend tomorrow. Have an early night and start early tomorrow." Said Wonpil.

Brian nodded and went to take a quick shower. Wonpil sighed and he stared at a picture of Brian and Haneul on Brian's bedside.

"Where did you go, Haneul? Come back soon, Brian hyung really needs you right now." Thought Wonpil.

Wonpil got up from his seat and headed to the kitchen to wash the dishes. It wasn't before long that Wonpil's phone chimed. Wonpil headed to the couch and pulled out his phone. There was a message from his childhood friend, Park Jinyoung, also a close friend of Brian's.

Jinyoung's message:

How's Brian hyung? I heard from Jaehyung hyung that he's still depressed about Haneul's disappearance.

Wonpil sighed and replied to Jinyoung's message. Wonpil was extremely worried about Brian and he hoped that the older male would be fine, no matter what the outcome was.

Wonpil then headed back to his room but not before popping by Brian's room. Wonpil gave a sad smile when he saw Brian passed out on his bed. Wonpil tiptoed into the room and took his towel. Wonpil hung Brian's towel at the window to dry before going to bed.

The next morning...

Wonpil woke up at four past nine and he got up to make breakfast. Wonpil checked up on Brian before he made some toast. Wonpil decided to let Brian sleep in. Wonpil ate his toast and left Brian a note. Wonpil had a dentist appointment and he would be out until the late afternoon.

It was almost noon when Brian woke up. Brian washed up and headed to the kitchen. Brian ate the remaining toast that Wonpil had made before he heard the doorbell ring. Brian washed his hands and went to open the door, only to see Baek Yerin, the younger sister of Haneul. Brian opened the door for Yerin and he poured her some water.

"Yerin, did you find her?" Asked Brian anxiously.

Yerin bit her lower lip before she burst out into tears, much to Brian's shock.

"W-we f-found, u-unnie!" Sobbed Yerin.

Brian's eyes widened in shock.

"Y-Yugyeom is downstairs, he can take us t-there." Said Yerin.

"Just give me a minute!" Said Brian.

Brian changed into more presentable clothes and he scribbled Wonpil a note that he was good to be out before he went back to the living room. Brian locked up the apartment before and Yerin led him to the car where Kim Yugyeom, Yerin's boyfriend was waiting for them.

"Brian hyung." Greeted Yugyeom.

Brian nodded and he got into Yugyeom's car. Brian wanted to ask about Haneul but Yerin kept shut during the ride. Yugyeom probably knew something but he refused to say anything either.

Brian gulped nervously when he saw the road sign for the cemetery. He had an extremely bad feeling about this.

Yugyeom, Yerin and Brian got off the car and Yerin led the way. Yugyeom glanced worriedly over at Brian as the latter glanced at the graves. It was a while before Yerin stopped and Brian found himself of a tomb stone. Brian blinked his eyes several times to check if his eyes were deceiving him.

"N-no! I-it can't b-be! She can't b-be dead!" Exclaimed Brian.

In the memory of a loving daughter, sister, granddaughter and girlfriend.

Baek Haneul

11 October 1994 - 23 August 2016

"U-unnie disappeared a week after being in the hospital and s-she committed s-suicide a day l-later. She overdosed o-on pills and died. Our u-uncle found h-her at our g-grandparents' p-place." Sobbed Yerin.

Yugyeom hugged Yerin tightly as the girl sobbed. Brian's knees gave up on him as tears streamed down his face. Yugyeom let go of Yerin to hug Brian and the older male cried in the younger male's arms.

"Hyung, let's get you home. I'm sure Yerin's parents will explain things." Said Yugyeom.

Yugyeom and Yerin helped Brian to the car, but the older male was quite unwilling to leave. But Yugyeom th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter