Chapter VII. Understanding each other

The Bodyguard
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter VII. Understanding each other

He wasn’t sure if he heard things right.  What was the teacher up to and why in the world did she just dismiss them with telling them to practice together? Did his job look too easy to her eyes so she figured he had enough time to dance or something? Wasn’t it clear by how he carried his guns and the glare he was sending towards the teacher that he wasn’t in a mood to do this?

He turned to look towards Mirae, hoping she would find a way out of this but she was upset. The moment his eyes met hers, she just snapped her head to the side and went to first grab her towel , planning to ignore him. He wasn’t going to have any of that so he quickly took his guns and jacket and walked towards her.

“Is she serious?” he asked as he stopped next to Mirae.

“She probably is.” She just spoke without looking at him, anger obvious in her voice if the frown was not enough of a giveaway.

“Why are you mad at me? I just helped you out.”

Why was she this upset? He had saw her all alone and he didn’t even offer because he was pushed to do this and he decided to go on with it so she wouldn’t feel even worse. It wasn’t like he volunteered to be her dance partner or something like that. If anything, he tried to save her face by not refusing after being sent to her.

“Helped?” she turned her head and looked at him. “You helped?” she gritted her teeth and then looked towards the side where some of the girls were.

“I doubt it would have been better to flat out refuse you.” He frowned back, trying to catch her hand before she could walk away.

“I would have preferred you’d not be here.” She glared once and then snapped her hand out of his hold and moved towards the exit, quickly moving towards the changing lockers.

She was quick to shower and change and come back out. Faster than he had expected, to the point he actually flinched in surprise when the door opened and she appeared. She was planning to ignore him again and he felt like he was back to square one after trying so hard to meet ends with her and he wasn’t going to allow that.

He stopped in front of her with his arms crossed, happy to see that there was no one else around to hear their conversation since the others had not left the lockers yet. Even with her trying to move to the side again and again, he was dead set in talking to her.

“I could have said no and then they would have giggled even more about you being alone. I helped. So what is the problem?” he asked as he frowned towards her.

“I am used to being alone. I’ve been used to it since highschool when my dad became president. Hearing things like I am full of myself, that I am not worth anything compared to my dad, that the only reason people even talk to me is because of my dad.” She clenched her teeth and hissed at him.

“You...” he looked at her surprised. “You’re being bullied because you’re the daughter of the President?” he asked with honest curiosity since that was not something he had expected.

“What? Thought they’d love me? No.” she let out a sigh.

“But why?” he looked towards her confused.

“How should I know? They are all rich kids and with parents in high places. Maybe they are intimidated, maybe feel some inferiority complex or something...who knows....but right now.” she stopped talking and then locked eyes with him.

He felt intimidated a bit by her glare and he wasn’t the type to be intimidated so easily. With his training, not even a mad person could make him waver but there was something about this harmless girl that glared towards him that made him feel bad.

“You just made it worse. I am used to it so leave me be.” She let out a sigh and then tried to move to the side.

He let her walk away with the intention of following her from behind but then the door got opened again and those girls came out. The moment he turned to look at them, he saw them snickering and being all y. It was annoying the hell out of him so he had to do something.

“You...” he spoke towards the blonde haired. “Enough with the snickering.” He glared towards them.

“Mind your own business, watch dog.” The blonde haired growled towards him after letting out a scoff.

“Watch dog?”

He was now seriously pissed off because he had never been called a watch dog and it was probably the most offending thing he had heard since he started his career. He walked towards the two girls, putting his hands inside his pockets while making sure the coat rims are pushed back and part of his guns could show as well.

“You listen, kids.” He frowned as he spoke. “People like me keep people like you alive. If not you, then your parents. You breathe because people like me kill. And we don’t blink as we kill.” He muttered.

“Huh?” the two of them looked confused, surprised and taken aback by his words.

“You heard me. If people like me one day decide they don’t give a for people like you, you’d end up killed somewhere in the streets, you parents hijacked because of how much money they make and how little they give back to society. People like me and my fellow colleagues in the army are the ones protecting your asses. So instead of a watch dog, I am your guardian angel.”

Now he was really pissed. He didn’t like to take it out on people but there were times when he did not hesitate and this was going to be one of them. Him, his friends, all those enlisted didn’t suffer and put their lives at risk just to protect a bunch of stupid girls. And these stupid girls were bullying and annoying Mirae and had insulted him.

“And that kid you bully and snicker about... her dad just has to get upset with yours and your business is over.” He added and then grinned a bit when they finally looked shocked.

He knew he had a seriously scary glare. Especially since he could talk, walk, and do a lot of things without blinking for almost 2 minutes. Maybe that was why he had been given a  lot of missions that implied being on a stakeout, ready with a sniper inside the military.

“She could tell her father at any moment and then you’d be done. The fact that you still get to carry that Prada bag shows she had not said a word. Maybe because she is your classmate and sees you as friends. But I am not the same.” He grinned a bit more.

“Wha...what do you mean?” the two girls stuttered.

“Piss me off, bully her again and I will speak. And I will dig up all the dirt there is on your families and make it public and bury you while alive. And while Mirae and the President wouldn’t do something like this, trust me...” he spoke as he moved a step closer to them. “I will. Did I make myself clear?” he smiled towards them.

“Yes...yes” the two girls gulped nervously.

“Good. If you don’t want to be friends with her, at least leave her alone. And I mean it. You two... all of you... the whole university body.... As my job is to protect her, hurt her in any way and I will retaliate. And I give my word as a citizen and defense responsible member of South Korea.”

The girls just nodded their heads, their faces far too pale compared to their normal skin complexion. With the way he looked at them without blinking, his eyes all narrowed and glaring, him in front of them with his guns showing and hands in his pockets, he looked scary and they were scared. He moved away with a grin on his face, making sure to remind the girls from time to time of his words just in case they forgot. He was sure they u

Please log in to read the full chapter