Chapter I. Assignment

The Bodyguard
Please log in to read the full chapter

so... I always thought the idea of Bodyguard Kyu is pretty hot. For those that do not know the musical The days, Kyuhyun played the second lead, a bodyguard for the Blue House responsible with the protection of a girl going by the codename "She". both "She" and his character dissappear at some point and his other friend[ the male lead] starts to discover what might have happened to them when he is put in charged of taking care of the President daughter and she disappears with another security guard. I haven't watched the musical so I don't know the exact details, but I thought the idea of Bodyguard Kyu protecting the President's daughter could be a nice one. 

Hope you enjoy the story, though I cannot promise quick updates and make sure to check the others as well. Kisses!!

 

 

If you're lucky enough to do well, it's your responsibility to send the elevator back down.

Kevin Spacey

 

Chapter 1. Assignment

He was tired. Looking into the mirror, he checked on the small cut he had on his right temple and then arranged his hair to cover it. He raised his small towel once again and moved it against his hair a few more times, in a hurry, before finally letting it down and going through the final check of his hair. Throwing the towel in the basket, he got out of the bathroom and headed towards his closet.

Today he was going to be sent to his new assignment and it was making him extremely nervous. It was going to be his first time having to deal with such an important assignment, one that involved a person of such caliber. He had even got up from bed two hours before his alarm could go off because he had been nervous. He had been working for the National Intelligence Service for four years now and while he had been on several assignments that could have put his life in danger, this was time he was given a responsibility that was intimidating him more than his previous ones.

Opening his closet, he picked one white shirt that was on a hanger and then picked his fourth black suit and a dark blue tie. Before putting them on, he removed the towel around his waist and let it fall down on the bed, putting his briefs one. He still had about one hour before reporting to duty but it wasn’t going to hurt to be there before deadline. He searched for his undershirt and then picked up his bulletproof vest, arranging it around his body.

Once he finished the initial preparation, he put his suit pants on and moved to put his white shirt on as well. He opened a new door of the closet and once the vault was revealed, he pressed in the passcode and opened it. Inside there were four weapons and his shoulder gun holster. Picking two of the four weapons, checking to see if each were loaded, he placed them in the holster and then arranging it around his body so that it wouldn’t wrinkle his shirt. Only when that was finished did he put on his suit jacket and arranged its collar.

Taking one last look in the full body mirror in his bedroom, he smiled and then prepared to leave. Reaching towards the table in the entrance hallway, he reached for his personal ID and personal ID card. There might have been other things he would need but he could just take them from the office. All he needed at the moment was his car key and he picked it up from the small bowl on the table next to the door and then opened the door to his apartment to leave.

Driving to his work, he parked in the designated area and then moved towards the elevator. As he reached the 13th floor, he got out and entered another elevator, rising the cover of the pad to scan his finger print and reach the 30th floor. Once the doors opened, he stepped through the hallway, greeting the reception lady on the left and then waited for the other grand doors to open.

Inside the office, there were desks on the left and on the right, a big platform right in front and then an oval row of tables with people sitting in front of a computer and nothing else. Once he entered, two other people approached him and after greeting, they got one by one next to each other as they waited for their chief to appear.

“Heard you’re going to the Blue House...” the one at the farthest right turned his head to the side and leaned back to talk to the other.

“Both of us are.” He answered back and then signaled to the rest to take position.

“Good morning.” Their boss arrived and stepped onto the platform.

Their chief was in his early thirties, a man known for his leadership skills and the team he had put on together with the help of the second in charge. He was still too young to be director of the NIS but he was one of the best rated leaders in the agency. His light blonde hair was arranged perfectly with his fringe arranged to the right, his blue suit and ID displayed perfectly on the right side of his chest.

“Good morning.” The three of them answered back, smiling towards their boss.

“I think you already heard of your new assignment.... it’s true. The director contacted me and wished I would send three of my best man to the Blue House. This is not simply a mission. You will be in charge of the security of the President and his family.” Their boss spoke and the next moment the big screen on the oval wall lit up and showed a photo of four people.

“We received the mission because there is intelligence that tells us someone might be aiming for the life of the President. As we take responsibility for the President’s family security, our second mission is to gather more information on who could target them.” He continued to explain.

“Do we have any leads so far?” the man in the middle asked.

Everyone in the office stopped what they were doing and looked towards the screen. The entire screen got filled with information on the matter and the three agents looked at it, reading the information written there.

“Lee Sungmin” The chief spoke again. “You are assigned to attend to the First Lady and their youngest. I believe you are the most fit for this job since you are gentle and mix well with women and kids. Team 3 will be here to assist you should there be any information needed or if you’d need assistance.” Their boss spoke and then received a file from another agent, moving to give it to the one called Lee Sungmin.

Lee Sungmin was a young man in his early 30ties as well, known for his martial art skills and cuteness. He often did undercover work because he could adapt to all sorts of environments and get the information needed. At times he was even sent to Japan in order to bring intelligence from there.

“Of course, is there anything else I need to pay attention to?” he asked as he took the file, planning to open it on their way to the Blue House.

“We don’t believe they will be targeted but if anything, please pay closer attention to the boy. We cannot risk him being kidnapped or used as leverage. He is too young for this. It might just end up being an easy job.” The chief smiled again, his dimple showing.

“Understood.” The blonde haired Sungmin responded and then let out a smile.

“Good. As far as the President and his daughter is concerned, the two of them work together so the two of you will also work together. I haven’t assigned you to a certain family member. I trust that both of you...” he turned to look at the other two. “Siwon... Kyuhyun....” he smiled again.

“Yes, sir!” the two of them spoke in a rather loud voice making Sungmin flinch a bit since he was in the middle.

“If needed and the situation requires it, I trust you can protect all of them. Team 4 will be here to assist you, Siwon. Team 2 will be helping you, Kyuhyun.” he explained and then received another set of files that he later gave to each of them.

“What level of security alert are we dealing with?” the taller black haired asked as he opened the folder and looked at the first place.

“So far we are still seeing this as a ‘rumor’. Be on high alert and let’s hope this doesn’t turn out to be true.” Their chief let out a sigh and then placed his hands inside his pockets, head lowered a bit as he thought of something. “This mission ends only when I say so and that can be when the Presidential term is over or after that or never.” He raised his head and looked at the three agents.

“Understood.” The three of them replied at the same time.

“Walk with me.” The chief spoke and got down from the platform, everyone bowing their heads before returning to do their work. The four of them started walking towards the chief’s office, entering only after him, waiting while standing up though their boss took a seat.

“Kangin made sure to instruct their existing security personal on your arrival. He will be there to greet you and then he is to return to the office. I’m going to tell you this, only for your ears. There are rumors that say the Prime Minister is not happy with a policy the President wants to push forward. Some other rumors going are say he and someone from the opposition are joining hands and plan to run for President but they are trying to quicken the pace. If the President is eliminated, there are higher chances for the Prime Minister to take control.” He explained as he leaned his body forward and spoke in almost a whisper.

“So it might be an inside thing....” the slightly smaller dark haired spoke as he looked towards the other.

As their chief let out a proud smile, the three of them bowed their heads a little and then headed out. As they reached the entrance, they stood back and waited for the door to fully open. A slim man with upper hair in a shade of grey entered the office and smiled upon seeing them.

“Minnie...Kim Kyu!” he spoke with excitement and gave them a hug. “Siwon!” he then cleared his voice and faced the other, looking a bit awkward.

“Heechul hyung...” Siwon spoke first, giving a smile towards the other, making his other two friends snicker and nudge each other while moving to the side so that the other two could stay face to face.

“Heard you guys are being sent to the Blue House. Good luck!” Heechul spoke towards them and then tried to move but got stopped by the tallest black haired, Siwon.

“I didn’t know you were back. You didn’t call me to let me know your mission in China is over.” Siwon whispered as he took hold of Heechul’s arm and

Please log in to read the full chapter