Chapter XI. The trap

The Bodyguard
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter XI. The Trap

He was nervous, damn nervous and mostly because he was about to walk inside the car that was going to drive down a street really near to a cliff where they could be ambushed and killed just to figure out if the Prime Minister was using his daughter to get information or if one of Mirae’s friends had their phones tapped. Everything went perfect until getting inside the car. Mirae, talking to her friends, sent them a message on kakao and told them she was going to give a surprise visit to her father. She didn’t really understand why she was going to make a surprise visit but she assumed there was something that Kyuhyun and the rest needed to tell the President so they used this as an excuse.

She had to tell her friends because she had had a meeting scheduled with them and she couldn’t just not show up without giving them a reason. So now, while Kyuhyun was almost tapping his foot against the ground, mentally cursing himself for the situation he was into, Mirae was walking towards the car, wearing a beautiful blue royal blue office lady casual dress. And she looked beautiful. Her hair was tied in a ponytail at the back, she was wearing a bit of make-up, her lips were pink and sparkling a bit while her dress molded perfectly on her as she walked. Kyuhyun wasn’t sure what type of sleeved that was since it was only ¾ of the sleeve but it was above knee and it encompassed the shape of her body beautifully.

He wasn’t even sure if that was an office dress, a cocktail party dress or a y dress but it was a match for all those occasions and currently the only thing that kept his mind away from the fact that she was wearing high heels and a beautiful dress for a surprise visit that was not such a big surprise and could potentially have her killed while wearing that royal blue dress. Not to mention the only reason he knew that was royal blue because of her almost preaching about the shades of each color when he failed to identify that the trees were hickory brown.

“Are we ready?” Mirae asked as she reached the car, bothering with the small silvery purse that she took with her as accessory.

“Yes, we are.” He nodded his head and opened the door for her, waiting for her to get inside the car. “I wish we’d not do this though...” he mumbled as quiet as possible before getting inside and closing the door behind him.

He hoped he wouldn’t have to explain why there were two agents in the front seat and not just the driver but then again, that would have been easier to explain compared to what he would have had to explain if there was another agent next to her. He still wasn’t sure why wasn’t there a forth agent because surely that massive crowd of people was not needed together with the President. Even Kangin stepped in and went together with Siwon to the President leaving Sungmin to take care of Manse and The First Lady.

“When will we arrive?” she asked as she fished out her phone to check what time it was.

“It should take about an hour. We’ll have another car at the front leading the way and making sure there is no traffic.” Kyuhyun explained.

“Alright.” Mirae smiled, comfortable and unknowing about the thing that were going to happen.

He was behaving something close to a rookie. He was nervous and hearing that small voice inside of his earpiece letting him know they were set to go wasn’t of much help either. Even his guns in the shoulder holster were starting to make him feel uncomfortable because he wasn’t sure of how much help 24 bullets were going to be if they ended up in a big attack.  He could only hope they weren’t going to be part in one. It was only when they actually got out of the city, on their way to the house in the outskirts of the city that he was starting to be bothered.

“Check and make sure the cars behind us are not following us.” Kyuhyun instructed the moment they were close to leaving the highway to enter on a road that could bring them their deaths.

“Is there a problem?” Mirae asked, noticing that the two agents in the front seat, including the driver , started using their earpiece and kept looking into the rear mirror.

“No. Not at all.” He was a bit too fast to respond, making Mirae turn and give him a doubtful look. “Are you alright?” he asked her, hoping to be able to mask his insecurity.

“Yeah...” she started talking but was soon interrupted.

“Agent Cho... one of the cars is still following us.” the driver spoke, constantly glancing towards the side mirror. “Would you like me to check and see who the car belongs to?” he asked after that.

“I’ll send the license plate number to Team 2.” Kyuhyun took the reins and quickly communicated the number agent nr 2 was telling him. “I need information a.s.a.p.” He mentioned before ending his speech with the team.

Mirae was starting to feel even confused and worried now because a new frown appeared on Kyuhyun’s face and that was a frown she had not seen before and that was something that was concerning her deeply.

“Make sure the front car steps between us and them.” Kyuhyun instructed.

Their own car slid to the side to make room for the car in front to slow down and get in between them. It was a risky move especially since the car Kyuhyun and Mirae were inside, was approaching quite dangerously close to the edge of the cliff. The idea worked because now their car got in front while the second was keeping pretty close proximity of the foreign car behind them.

“If needed, take the car off road.” Kyuhyun instructed.

“What?!”

The idea was completely ridiculous if you asked Mirae because it sounded extremely dangerous and she wasn’t all that sure it was worth it. Taking a car off road meant either down the cliff or into the trees and both would get the people in the car injured. It even made Mirae turn her boy around and press her shoulder against the back seat so that she could look to the cars behind them. To her surprise, the car that was following them actually started engaging in a game of speed and overpass and that was even more concerning.

“What is going on?” she turned around towards Kyuhyun, her voice showing a bit of panic.

“Nothing...” he tried to reassure but he wasn’t all that convinced of his own words.

He turned around to have a perfect view of what was happening with the other two cars and he wasn’t liking what he was seeing, not even one bit. It took only a few seconds for the expression on Kyuhyun’s face to turn from worried to in emergency mode. If there was anything that could properly depict the way Hell could be unleashed, this moment right there had to be it. The car that was supposed to be stepping between them and those following was losing control and with one single gunshot, the car simply swayed to the right and met not so pleasantly with a fence right as they passed a curb.

“What the hell?” Mirae now looked even more worried, her eyes opened wide in surprise as she looked towards him.

“Stay down. Please.” Kyuhyun said.

She was still confused, not sure if she was supposed to look behind at the car that was following them or towards the driver of their own car that was starting to speed. Kyuhyun barely managed to tell her to stay covered when the glass behind them broke into pieces with many glass small pieces falling down on the back seat, a piece even managing to cut Mirae a bit on the shoulder, ripping the dress material apart.

“I need back up and I need it fast.” Kyuhyun spoke towards the other two, in the front seat.

Before Mirae could even begin to

Please log in to read the full chapter