Chapter XV. Team

The Bodyguard
Please log in to read the full chapter

TADAH!!

 

Chapter XV. Team

If there was any way to explain an emergency situation, they just had to show a video of this particular moment and everything would have been explained. Kangin was looking at his boss while the rest of the team was busy searching the location of the two missing people. Nothing could be done while they were still at the meeting and they even kept it quiet from the others. They had not even told the President of what had happened until the meeting was over. When they finally told the President about what had happened, everyone had been afraid of even getting closer to him.

Each second that passed and each time they tried to explain to the President that finding their location was going to be difficult at that moment, everyone feared that they will either get fired or killed on the spot. With each passing hour, it got even more difficult for them to be around the President. The First Lady didn’t seem particularly bothered and Sungmin had been assigned to look after Manse without letting him know about what had happened. One lead to another and in the end, Leeteuk had to arrive and the entire primary team had arrived as well.

By the time morning came, the President was in his office with the scariest face ever possible, making even the usual scary Kangin to fidget and look for help in Leeteuk. If anything, it looked like the only ones that didn’t seem bothered by how scary the President looked were Leeteuk and Heechul. Then again, Heechul didn’t care about a lot of things and just simply lived in his own world where no one could bother him. Leeteuk was a different deal.

“Mister President.” Leeteuk spoke with calm. “I can assure you our team is doing everything to find them. I am sure Agent Cho is taking good care of her.” he spoke with confidence as he looked at the President, straight in the eyes of the other.

“When will we get the final signal for their location?” the President asked while frowning, his fingers tapping against the surface of his desk.

“It should appear any moment now. As I initially explained, the third signal will help us triangulate the position. Half of the team is in proximity of the location of the firing while the rest are here ready to take charge if needed.” Leeteuk let out a small smile.

“How will your team take responsibility if something happened to my daughter?” the President glared at Leeteuk.

“Sir...” Leeteuk took a deep breath. “First of all, I would like to know who I am talking to.” He spoke clearly.

“What?!” the President stood up, hiting the desk with his fist.

Kangin that was close to the door and even Heechul who was busy talking with the main center, raised their eyes and flinched in surprise, seeing the President aggressive.

“Am I talking to the President or to a father?” Leeteuk inquired.

All  three people’s expressions softened upon hearing that question. Even the President himself understood what was Leeteuk asking and what the answer to the question implied. It was one thing to discuss the situation with a President and a complete other thing to talk to a father. The approach of the conversation had to be different, the way of explaining the situation had to be different and even the tone used when talking. It made a difference from the earth to the moon and it was going to significantly alter the ending.

“Surely you understand my position. As the President, I am worried that my daughter would end up dead or in the hands of the enemy. As a father, I do not care about protocol or semantics but simply want her at home, safe and sound.” The President explained.

“Agent Cho will not let anything happen to her. If he would assert a situation as dangerous and beyond his reach, he would have found a way of either bring her to safety or let us know. The three signal method is after all used when a location is considered safe and usable as hideout.” Leeteuk smiled a bit more, hoping that it would reassure the older man and help him even relax a little bit.

“What if something happened after the signal started?” the President asked again.

“I trust my team, Sir.” Leeteuk raised his voice confidently. “Agent Cho is more than capable of keeping Mirae safe. If anything, even if he would end up dying, he would ensure she is back safe.”

The President sat back down, a sigh escaping his lips. He knew he had to be calm and focus on his job. The press was never going to find out about the shooting and because of that he could never give an excuse for not doing his job as the President of South Korea. Even if a family of his would die, the country would still expect him to go on and settle the many affairs of the country. He felt useless. He was the President of South Korea and yet he had absolutely no power to protect his family. The ones that could protect them were agents for the NIS, and in this specific case agent Kyuhyun. The President already knew that there was some sort of friendship that had grown between the two of them and perhaps that would have made Kyuhyun try to protect Mirae. He also knew that the agents with the NIS were well trained and skilled in handling a lot of difficult situations but the father living inside of him could not be at peace even with the entire military personal being out there looking for her.

“You seem confident...” the President let out a sigh again.

“I am, Sir. I have trained some of them personally and we have serious requirements when it comes to enlisting someone as a Field Agent. I am 100% confident that Kyuhyun will keep Mirae safe even at the cost of his own life. I am also 100% that he will not get himself killed and that both of them will return safely.” Now Leeteuk spoke with an even brighter smile.

“Teuk....” Heechul spoke before the President could open his mouth to speak again.

It was enough to make everyone understand. Kangin opened the door and him and Heechul left in a matter of seconds. Leeteuk remained, looking at the President, taking a deep breath before opening his mouth to speak again.

“We have found the location. We will notify you once we have an update.” Leeteuk bowed and then turned around and left as well.

Left alone inside his office, the President finally showed sign of weakness. He had been worried to death, not even being able to sleep after finding out that his daughter had been caught in the middle of a shooting spree. It scared him tremendously to think that anything had happened to his daughter, even the slightest injury. He wished he could be as confident as Director Leeteuk and believe that nothing bad had happened but he was still a father so he couldn’t afford being that confident.

As the location was found, from the mansion where the President had held the meeting the previous day, a helicopter flew into the air. On board, there was Eunhyuk and Donghae, Siwon as well. From the headquarters they settled at the Blue House, Shindong and Ryeowook were supervising the situation. Leeteuk, Kangin and Heechul had gotten in the car to move towards the appointed location. Sungmin and Yesung remained at the Blue House keeping a watch over Manse and the First Lady. It was going to be alright soon. Now Kyuhyun just had to make it safely to the location.

 

Awkwardly arranging the sheets together and putting them on the couch, Kyuhyun peeked towards Mirae. Waking up next to her had been even more awkward and made him wonder if he was doing to get punched any moment now. The punch never came. Instead, a blushing Mirae pulled her sheet around her bod

Please log in to read the full chapter