Chapter II. The President's Family

The Bodyguard
Please log in to read the full chapter

My family is temperamental. Half temper. Half mental

Unknown

 

Chapter II. The President’s family

She started tapping her foot against the flooring of the car, turning her hand around to look at her wrist watch. With the driver raising the separating glass between them, she could only try and press the button to tell him to drive but after the first four times she got ignored, she simply gave up. She wasn’t going to beg. She had to be at her college in less than half an hour and she had already spent 10 full minutes inside the car while waiting for the bodyguard to do whatever he left to do.

She almost flinched when the doors unlocked themselves and she arranged herself back in the seat, pretending she wasn’t one bit bothered but it didn’t work as she wanted. The moment the other door opened, she turned to the other side and looked surprised when someone wearing casual clothes entered the car. She looked at him with eyes opened, surprised at the sight of the person that got inside.

Ruffled hair, a leather jacket, white shirt, black jeans and sneakers, the man that entered placed a bag in the middle between their seats. The separating window rolled down again and the car started moving, leaving her very confused. Was she getting kidnapped or did her bodyguard have a twin or something because this casual dressed guy looked just like the stuck up guy from before.

“What?” he asked as he looked at her, a grin obvious on his face since he could see her surprised look.

“What are you doing?” she frowned as she asked, still looking at him since she couldn’t believe how.... normal he looked in casual clothes.

“I am going to pretend to be just another student and sit in class with you. Be sure I will be there and I will follow you around. Attempt to run and this will be the last time I’m thinking of helping you out.” He spoke in a serious voice, raising one side of the jacket to show her his shoulder holster and let her know he was still carrying his guns with him.

She turned around and started looking outside her window again, temporarily believing it was actually nice of him. If he blend in with the crowd, he wasn’t going to draw a lot of attention and she could breathe calmly without having to bother about the guy in black suit standing up in the back of the classroom since there wasn’t going to be one.

“I doubt they’ll let you in.” she mumbled as she placed her hand over , waiting for them to enter the courtyard of her college.

“They will. And when they will, that will show you that anyone can enter the college and end up around you, kidnap you or kill you on the spot. And then you’ll understand all those before me that you treat as if they are just lines of a notebook.” He spoke with confidence as he grinned.

He was scolding her and she knew that. She couldn’t help but pout and try to avoid showing him that because he was going to have a field trip if he noticed. Soon after that, she rolled her eyes and adopted a posture as snobbish as possible and tried to look indifferent. She doubted he was going to prove any point since he was going to get out of the same car and that meant people were instantly going to let him in because he accompanied the daughter of the President to college.

She spotted the entrance to the college and she started smiling, excited to see her friends since they understood her and accepted her, with the entourage and all. By now, her real friends had gotten used to having men in black suits following them everywhere, even staying in the same room with them back at the Blue House though there was no threat.

She straightened her body in surprise when the car stopped before reaching the entrance to the college. Turning her head towards the bodyguard, he grinned at her again and then opened the door. He stood out and arranged his clothes, looking around to make sure no one found him.

“Wanna bet that I can find you in less than 10 minutes?” he asked as he put his head inside the car and grinned towards her again.

“What’s in it for me?” she scoffed and then turned to look at him with challenging eyes.

She could get away from him, making him lose the bet and have him own her a favor as long as she didn’t go straight for her class. If she could convince her friends to ditch class, she could even get to leave the college without him finding her and get to spend some free, no bodyguard time with her friends.

“If I win, you stop trying to get out of my sight. If you win, I’ll grant you a wish.” He shrugged and waited for her answer.

“Call!” she spoke quickly and then moved towards him, stretching her hand to grab hold of the door and close it before he could say anything else.

She just closed the door and then hurried the driver to get the car parked. She knew that asking the driver to stop the car somewhere else was just going to have the guy know about it because the driver was going to tell him about it. She played pretend and waited until the car was parked and then dashed out of the car.

She spotted her friends pretty quick and just jumped while placing her arms around their necks, feeling freer than ever since there was no one next to her, looking at what she was doing. Telling them the plan, her two friends were quick to nod their head and then they escaped to the canteen. Finding a table a bit hidden away, they took a seat and got themselves a few sodas.

“Do you think you’ll win?” her red haired friend asked as she leaned forward.

“He has four more minutes...” Mirae looked at her wrist watch, grinning happily as she saw the clock tick and him nowhere to be seen.

As time passed and the time was about to run out, she felt like jumping around in happiness. He was nowhere in sight and that meant she had won. She was just about to stand up and bounce up and down excitedly when a guy wearing a denim jacket and a cap sat down at their table. She flinched and looked a bit worried towards the guy.

The cap was hiding his face and she couldn’t tell who he was. What if he had been right about anyone getting to infiltrate and hurt her and she had just given them the chance to do so? She waited for the man to take off his cap and the moment he did so, she could see the same grin again, a very familiar grin.

“Told you I’d win.” He smirked and then turned to bow his head towards the other girls.  “Cho Kyuhyun. Bodyguard for the Blue House.” He stretched his hand towards each of them, smiling as they introduce themselves back.

“You’re wearing a different jacket...” Mirae frowned, realizing he had changed upper clothing and that was the reason why she had not noticed him entering the canteen.

“I never said I wouldn’t change. And I even waited outside the canteen for two minutes for the dramatic entrance at the last few seconds.” He grinned and then turned to look at the daughter of the President, satisfied with himself.

“How did you even find me? We skipped class.” She asked as she leaned into her seat, having to admit defeat.

He took out a small gadget from his pocket, something that looked like an Ipod and upon pressing a button, a red dot appeared on the screen, bleeping again and again, next to it a smaller blue one doing the same thing. He didn’t talk. He just pointed at the blue dot and then to himself, and then at the red dot and herself.

She turned around and looked around her body, checking her blouse and her jeans, as much as she could before deciding to take up her bag and look towards it as well.  She couldn’t spot anything that looked like a bug or chip and that only made her raise her head and look at him confused. He moved his hand towards the backpack and turned it around, showing her a small black dot at the sewing of it.  As he pulled it out, she noticed it was some sort of a pin, a really thin one that he pierced the material of her backpack with and placed the GPS.

“Now that we established that you won’t escape from my sight anymore, pretend I am just another guy you met and enjoy your apparent freedom.” He smiled and then got up from the table to head to the vending machine and get himself a soda as well.

“You’re hot.” One of her friends spoke and Mira almost chocked on her soda as she heard that.

Kyuhyun only grinned at the compliment and sat down as if nothing was wrong, appreciating the comment. Truth was he had ran all the way to the entrance and then paid some guy 100 bucks for his jacket, leaving his in the bathroom. With that, he had officially wasted 200 dollars on clothes just to hang around her at college.

He followed her the entire day, sitting a few rows behind her as she went to class and then just casually approached her to talk from time to time so he wouldn’t make anyone suspicious. He had managed to slip a new tracker in her backpack, in a different way this time, making sure he could find her no matter where she was. Once the day was over and they had to return back to the Blue House, they stood next to each other as they waited for the car.

“Thank you.” She let out a smile but didn’t look at him.

“No problem. I will suggest this to my boss since it also makes it easier for me to blend it.” he put his hands inside his pockets and waited for the car, smiling a bit when the car appeared.

“I still don’t like you.” She mentioned as she opened her own door before the driver could even get out of his seat to do so for her.

Kyuhyun and the driver shared glanced and both let out a sigh, exchanging thoughts with each other without actually talking. Kyuhyun got inside the car and waited for the car to move, deciding to relax for a second before resuming his surveillance and double checking no one was following them. Once they reached the Blue House, he didn’t even have time to get out of the car properly because she was already close to the door, entering the house.

A security guard came and notified him Siwon was with the president and that Sungmin was waiting for him so he moved through the building, towards the quarter’s wing and looked for his room with the help of a cleaning lady. As he got inside his room, he didn’t’ see anyone else but a soft nice bed and wanted nothing else but to plop on it and sleep. It was pretty hard to guard someone in the middle of a crowd, no matter how organized but it was especially tiresome since the subject didn’t want to be guarded.

“Had a long day?” Sungmin’s voice was heard from the door, entering the room and sitting on a chair close to the bed.

“Somewhat. You? He asked and stood up on the bed, removing his jacket and his shoulder holster so that he could stretch this body a bit.

“I met with the kid. He hates me.  The First Lady is kind and a softy saying yes to everything the little kid wants.” Sungmin explained and pressed his hand against his chin as he leaned against the table.

Please log in to read the full chapter