Unfairness of Dream

My Kitten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Third Person POV

 

With the click of the door, Bomi came out of the house having a blank expression. Her eyes were dead and no one can seem to read under those eyes. Eunji and Naeun who were waiting outside came to greet Bomi but the latter refuse to say a word and went pass the two. 

"Yah, Yoon Bomi. Where's Chorong?" Eunji gripped on Bomi's wrist restraining her friend to just go without explanation.

"Eunji-ah, thank you for all the help but, can we talk next time? I think I'm not in the mood to discuss things." Bomi deadpanned, pulling her wrist in the process and continued to walk to who-knows-where.

"Tsk. What the heck!?" Eunji abruptly went inside Bomi's house in search of Chorong. She was about to head on Bomi's room but halted and turned to her cat.

"Naeun-ah, can you ---" Eunji wasn't able to finish her words when she realized that Naeun was already gone.

"Well that was fast. Looks like she already knew what I was about to ask her." Eunji chuckled and proceeded to Bomi's room.

With careful steps, Eunji roamed her eyes on the room and found Chorong at the corner of the bed, curled up like a ball.

Eunji rubbed the back of her head, pondering on what to say. She tried to open in hopes of some comforting words but no sound came out. Since she also doesn't know what happened between the two, Eunji chose to remain silent. She crawled to the bed and lay herself beside Chorong. She sat silently with her chin propped on her knees, stealing glances on the cat once in a while. Chorong who felt Eunji's presence didn't move an inch. Her head is buried on her folded arms with her knees as support. 

Minutes passed, and silence is still present on the room. Eunji who cannot take it anymore finally blurted out some words.

"I'm sorry." 

Chorong raised her head and turned to Eunji who is currently playing with the hem of her shirt.

"Pretending as your master, and everything." Eunji continued.

"There's nothing to be sorry about Mistress Eunji. Bom-- M-Master Bomi told me that she planned all this." Chorong answered. Her voice which normally full of life were dead and Eunji didn't miss noticing that.

"She came to me that night. The night when she confess to you. To be honest, I also don't know what runs on her mind. But I decided to play along, I'm sorry." Eunji apologized.

Chorong didn't respond so Eunji took a glance at the former and found her staring at her.

"W-what's wrong Chorong-ah? Is there something on my face?" Eunji chuckled and began touching her face for any dirt.

"No. It's just. Can I ask you something?" 

"What is it?"

"During the time that you had me as a servant, was I a good one?" 

"Eh?"

"I mean. Was I good enough? Am I lacking? Is something wrong with me?" Chorong began to bombard Eunji with questions so the latter was a bit taken aback.

"No. You're a good servant Chorong. There's nothing wrong. You're loyal. And that's the reason why I decided to give you back." Eunji answered.

"Then why? Why does she want me to disappear? She said she loves me but why?" Chorong began to choke and soon tears started to brim on her eyes.

Seeing the latter, Eunji began to panic. She doesn't know what to do. Chorong began to sniff like a kid which added to Eunji's pressure.

"T-that's not it C-chorong-ah. I guess she has her reasons. Don't cry. It makes me feel bad." Eunji patted Chorong's back, rubbing it at the same time which somehow took effect since the half-cat began to calm down and started wiping her tears.

"I-I'm sorry. I shouldn't have took it against you. I am just.....lost," Chorong muttered.

Eunji sighed. The latter began to run her hands on the half-cat's locks, repeating the action for a couple of times.

"Does this makes you feel calm?" Eunji asked.

Chorong didn't respond but furrowed her brows in confusion.

"I-I guess your master will only be the one to make you calm down. You see, I often do this to Naeun, whenever she's sad or agitated." Eunji explained, breaking a smile in the process. She look at Chorong for a second before continuing her speech.

"Your a good cat Chorong-ah. It's just, sometimes, things aren't going to flow the way you want it to be. There are times when you just have to let it be. But sometimes you have to fight for it." Eunji turned to Chorong giving her a warm smile enough to lighten any person's mood.

Albeit meek, Chorong returned the smile and Eunji notice the change in the cat. Somehow she felt proud that she was able to help even just a little bit.

"You said, you often comfort Naeun like that. Is she having a hard time?" Chorong asked creating a new topic to talk about. She wanted to divert her attention to something else. With all the fuss and revelations, she isn't on her right frame of mind to think.

Eunji slightly chuckled, thinking for a while before responding.

"Well I can say she IS having a hard time. She may look strong and aloof but she's still soft inside. What's wrong? Are you worried about her?" 

Chorong shook her head, continuing to look at the front. Eunji who is also the same, stares nothing in particular. They weren't actually looking at each other but they were listening intently. There's no awkward atmosphere left, just comfortable silence enough to let them say whatever they have in mind.

"I'm just a little surprise. That someone like Naeun also feels agitated and sad. She always have that menacing aura around me, so maybe I didn't notice. I asked Master Bomi once if she's happy, and she said your a good master to take care of Naeun."

Eunji chuckled feeling a little flattered at the compliment.

"Really? She said that? Well, that's a shock." Eunji smiled letting out a sigh in the process.

"Say Chorong, do you really not bear the same feeling as Bomi?" Eunji questioned. She shifted to face Chorong and the cat who saw Eunji's action at the corner of her eye, averted her gaze in the opposite direction.

"I--- D-does it really matter if I do or not? I don't understand why she has to do all these trouble. I just don't.....

...understand anything." Chorong once again became sullen. She buried her chin at her knees and began to reminisce what happened earlier.

"It does. I don't know what happened between your talk with Bomi but I'm pretty sure it didn't went well. It's important to her, your feelings, since you mean so much to Bomi." Eunji stated calmly.

"But she told me to disappear, forever. She wants me out of her life. It's because of that feelings right? Then, she could've told me off 'that night'. Why did she have to erase my memories and hers?" Chorong furrowed her brows thinking deeper as the time goes by.

"Then let me ask you a question Chorong-ah. When you came into this world without the memory of your master, you were only looking at her as a servant right? Since you didn't have a memory of that night?" Eunji questioned.

Chorong didn't spoke but nodded slightly as an answer.

"Then when you met Bomi, not as a master but as a normal person, what did you think of her?" Eunji continued.

Chorong turned her attention to Eunji as if understanding what the latter is trying to say. She tilted her head and gave a questioning look.

"Is this what it's all about? To figure out if I'll fall for her if she's not my master?" Chorong's voice began to sound restrained as if she's controlling something from inside.

"No, it's not like that Chorong-ah. It's not about you but Bomi's. I'm just asking if you have any change of heart after all that happened." 

Chorong remained silent for a while pondering about Eunji's question. During the time she had when she's with Bomi, when she's with Eunji, did something happened?

The room drowned in silence once again as Eunji waited. She carefully studied Chorong's expression and even though the half-cat hasn't answered yet, she knew what her heart is screaming.

"Have you still not found it? The answer?" Eunji ask.

Chorong didn't respond but continued to think. Thinking as if her whole life depends on what she's going to answer.

"Actually, you don't have to wack your brain for answers Chorong. Haven't you noticed? When you were with me, you kept on mentioning Bomi out-of-nowhere. Every little thing reminds you of Bomi and everyday you kept on wondering about her. It's just three days, but it was more than enough for me to notice." Eunji pause for a while and began to trace for any reaction from Chorong but it seems that the half-cat was still lost somewhere in her mind.

"You have taken a liking on her. To the point you wished that she was your master. But is it only like that?" Eunji continued. 

Chorong still refuse to say a word so Eunji just shrugged and took another way.

"What do you think of yourself Chorong-ah?" Eunji blurted out all of a sudden which took Chorong's mind off of things.

"What?" 

"I said, what do you think of yourself?" Eunji repeated.

"Myself? I guess... I'm just a cat. A servant. And right now, an abandoned one." Chorong answered with a mark of sadness on her tone.

"Just a cat. I see. Say, do you know what's Bomi's dream Chorong-ah?" Eunji questioned which seemed weird to Chorong as time goes by. Questions which the half-cat doesn't know would lead to somewhere or anything in particular.

"Her dream? Wasn't it to inherit her family's throne?" Chorong answered quite unsure. As she spoke those words, only then she realized how little she understands her master.

Eunji smirked at Chorong's answer before speaking.

"She's also the same as you Chorong-ah. You guys are so scaringly similar it freaks me out," Eunji chuckled.

"Give her some time Chorong. And also yourself. I think it would be best if you spend some time alone. Meditation is good for the body you know. And if you have some questions, don't be shy to approach me." Eunji got herself off the bed and stretch her limbs. She took a glance at Chorong and smiled comfortingly.

"The world is unfair and you should get used to it. Do you believe in that saying Chorong?" Eunji asked rhetorically.

"If ever you get tired of Bomi, come to me instead. I'll treat you with care." With a wink, Eunji left leaving Chorong in a daze. The half-cat remained at her position not knowing what to do. Few minutes pass and she felt her eyelids getting heavy. She felt light-headed and maybe because of too much thinking and crying, she doze off to dreamland, peacefully and quietly.

 

 

 

(At the same time when Eunji and Chorong is having their conversation)

 

With light steps and great hiding skills, Naeun followed Bomi to somewhere only the latter knows. The half-cat with crimson eyes never took her eyes off on Bomi in case she might lose the latter if she got distracted. Naeun stealthily hide herself in a bush when Bomi suddenly halted glancing left and right for any strangers. Sighting no one, Bomi continued her stroll with Naeun following closely behind. Bomi was walking for a while and Naeun is pretty sure that they've already made a kilometer from all those walking. Wiping her sweat, Naeun was startled when Bomi suddenly stop. The half-cat frantically look for any hiding place but found nothing in particular. Only then she realized where they were. Naeun glance at her foot and shook her shoes to remove the dirt.

Sand. They were at the beach. The seashore to be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter