Fixed and Broken

My Kitten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

4 years later 

(A/N: Whoo! Time lapse baby!)

 

Chorong POV

I woke up from the ringing sound of the alarm. I grunted and stretched my numb limbs while rubbing my eyes. I yawned and trudged to the direction of the kitchen. Opening the fridge, I scanned its entirety and took a carton of milk and poured myself a glass.

"Morning Chorong!"

I turned to the voice and smiled as I saw the owner of the cheerful tone.

"Morning Eunji!" I greeted and handed her a glass of milk I am currently drinking.

"You woke up early today. You slept well last night?" She asked and drank the milk.

"Yah! I always wake up early you know. You're the one who always sleep till noon," I nudge her playfully and went to pack my things.

"Aigoo. My Chorong has already grew up ey~ You used to speak to me with great respect but look at you now scolding me like a kid," Eunji pouted and followed me closely behind.

"You're the one who told me to be comfortable right? Besides, we're of the same status now so technically I have the right to speak the way I want," I turned to her and flicked her forehead.

"Aishh. Yah! I'm still the one paying for your schooling so you're still indebted to me," She argued.

"Yeah. Yeah. Don't worry. I'll pay you once I landed on a good job after graduating," I sticked my tongue out and proceeded to the bathroom. I did my morning routine and quickly changed my outfit.

"If I knew you're going to change this much I shouldn't have offered taking you to school! Sheesh!" I heard Eunji yell from the outside and I just chuckled to her blabbering.

"Well, touch move 'young mistress'. I've already learned enough," I grinned at her and took my bag, making my way to the door.

"Bring me a box of donut after school 'kay?" Eunji escorted me outside and waved her goodbye.

"Sheesh. You should learn to save you know. You may still be rich now but it doesn't mean that you'll remain swimming in cash till your last breath. Especially that we have lost contact in our world," I scolded Eunji before walking away.

"Yeah, yeah. I know. That's why you have to study hard and earn lots kitty~" Eunji beamed her eyesmile but immediately wiped it off after I glared at her.

"Someone's not going to eat a donut later~" I sang and hurriedly run off.

It was Eunji's "YAH!!" that I heard last before turning to the corner on my way to college. 

Shessh. She is such a spoiled brat. 

So, it's already been 4 years huh. It's been 4 years since I've stopped changing into a cat, not because I don't want to but for some reason, I wasn't able to. Eunji also found out that she lost her abilities and we found ourselves stuck in this world that day. It was a good thing that she brought some of her riches from our world before coming here so we were able to live until now. However, I know that everything's not going to last on our side so I decided to study so I can earn in the future. Eunji was too lazy to continue her studies so I just took the initiative for her. Well, it was easy entering college though, just some fabricated documents and some money, and then poof! I'm enrolled. I've been learning a lot of stuff than I imagined. I was able to interact with normal people. For the first time in my life, I was able to speak and act proudly without minding the status that I used to have. I feel like I was reborn in a new world, in a world that I thought could only be achieved in dreams. After the incident 4 years ago, Eunji told me not to call her 'Mistress' anymore. She also told me that I can now live my life the way I wanted it to be. That I can now be free to do whatever I want, that I am free to leave her. Of course I did not. Not when she already lost Naeun. Remembering how we lost the two most important people in our lives that time, I stopped on my tracks and my mind began to drift somewhere far. I sighed as I look up to the sky above. The sun is currently missing in the view and instead replaced by thick, gray clouds.

'Looks like its going to rain. I better hurry or else I'll get drench in this case.' I fastened my pace and sprinted forward. I took another turn on the corner and forgot that I was supposed to slow down. 

*BHAM*

Ow. I grunted as I fall back on my . I rubbed my forehead that hit something hard as I shut my eyes to regain my focus.

"Ouch. Watch where you're going, seriously," I heard a voice spoke.

I wobbly stood up while still holding my forehead. 

"I'm so sorry. I was running cause I was worried it might rain. I deeply apologize. I---" I look at the person that I accidentaly bumped with. And at that exact moment, she also looked at me.

 

 

 

 

 

Eunji POV

 

"YAH!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs before Chorong disappeared in the corner. That ungrateful cat, I guess there are always pros and cons of attending school huh. I shook my head and chuckled to myself before turning around, walking inside back to the house. The weather's not looking good today. I hoped Chorong brought an umbrella with her. I was about to turn the knob to get inside when the wind suddenly blew to my direction, carrying with it a familiar scent that I can't possibly forget. I froze and my heart suddenly started beating in an erratic pace. I was about to turn around when I felt a pair of arms encircling my neck in a tight backhug. The familiar scent became more vivid and a tear unconciously escaped from my eye. 

"N-Naeun," I mumbled.

"It's been a long time, Master Eunji," I heard her speak. So, I'm not dreaming am I? It's her voice right? I felt another tear fell before the arms hugging me turned me around abruptly.

I stood frozen as I look at her entirety. I scanned her from head to toe as if proving myself I'm not dreaming. She became more breathtakingly beautiful. She looks more mature with her distinct features. And I think she grew another inch tall.

"Why are you crying? Are you not happy to see me?" She asked while wiping the tears on my cheeks. Soon, it began to drizzle and Naeun dragged me inside the house.

"Wow. Nothing changed huh. Everything looks exactly the same," She began roaming the house while I stood on my spot following her every step with my eyes. 

Then, as if on flashback, the feelings that I had 4 years ago came running faster than I expected, hitting me exactly on that sensitive. 

"Why did you come back? You chose Bomi right? Why did you return?" I asked as I clench my fist in a tight ball.

I noticed her glance on my tightened fist and she began walking closer to me.

"You said that I have my freedom. That I can do whatever I want," She held my hand and squeezed them hard.

I know. I did say that to her. I want her to choose what she wants for herself. I know from the very beginning that she likes Bomi, that she dedicated all her life for her. That someday she's going to leave me and chase after her. I know that and even gave her the freedom to choose. I'll be lying if I say that I didn't had hopes that she will choose me. I said the words of letting go because I had my hopes that she will stay by my side. Just like how I gave Chorong up when Bomi was about to leave Naeun after three days.

"Master Eunji, Have you heard about the story of the beginning? How our world started?" Naeun asked.

I look straight in her eyes and frowned from her question.

"You heard it from Bomi? Yeah, she did tell me that story once. I told her to give that up since it's absurd. But she's too persistent about her dream. About what happened 4 years ago, it's because she made the decision to forgive right? I lost my abilities and I guess she also lost hers. And I know that you're a full human now, just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter