Why is it you?

My Kitten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chorong Pov

 

I woke up from the chirping of the birds early that morning. It's been three days since I have found my missing master who ends up to be the friend of the person who took care of me. I stretch my numb limbs and took a sniff of the morning breeze. Rubbing my half-asleep eyes, I glance at the space beside me where my master should be sleeping at.

"Eh? What the? Where did master Eunji go?" I mumbled to myself while roaming my eyes at the room I was in. Just like from before, master and I used to sleep together in the same bed. Of course I was at my cat form in order to save space for the both of us. To be honest, I was against to the idea of sleeping on the same bed with my master. First, since she is my master I find it absurd to sleep together with her. Second, I really hate changing myself into a cat since it reminds me of my despicable self. The only time I change myself is whenever I'm in trouble or when it's really urgent. But as much as possible I prefer not changing into a cat. However since master asked me to stay with her through the night, I felt oblige to do so. Well, she did provide me security and warmth so I guess it's beneficial for the both of us. I'm just treating this as a way to return the favor I had when she rescued me in that rainy night.

I got off from bed and went directly to the mansion's kitchen in hope that master might have woke up early and decided to eat first. However to my dismay I was only greeted by the empty kitchen and silence from the whole house. 

Now that I think about it, unlike the mansion that master have in our world, the place is too quiet. There are no maids, butlers, or even pets that master really love. I made my way to the living room and plopped myself on the sofa thinking of any place that my master could possibly went to.

"She said she doesn't have to go to school anymore. She also doesn't have any particular place she visits. Just where the heck did she go?" I talked to myself while silently resting my head on the armrest of the sofa.

"She couldn't possibly run away again right? Aissshh!!!!" I sat up abruptly and ruffled my hair in annoyance.

"Yah. Have I gone crazy I'm starting to talk to myself?" I mumbled for the third time that morning.

"I think you are." 

A voice suddenly spoke out of nowhere causing me to flinch and stood up turning in its direction.

Wearing a school uniform, I found a pretty girl with long curled raven hair leaning beside the dorm frame her arms folded on her chest.

"Y-yah. Who are you? How did you get in here?" I asked the girl who just smirk and went closer to me.

I took a few steps back and positioned myself in defense in case she's some kind of a burglar of something, although she doesn't look like one.

"No need to raise your guard. I'm not here to fight." The girl chimed and comfortably sat on the couch even placing both her feet on the table at the front.

"Yah! It's rude to do that in someone else house. Just who the heck are you?" I repeated for the second time.

"Huh. So you really don't remember. How amusing. I think the rude one here is you." The girl said.

'What the --? This girl might have a goddess face but her personality totally . Just who does she think she is?' I mentally curse.

The unknowned girl remained on her spot while she stared at my face as if tracing something. I averted my eyes from the piercing gaze and stood silent as well.

"Even if a stranger told you to lower your guard shouldn't you at least remained alert or something?" The girl suddenly said as she stood up and scooted closer to me lifting my chin with her forefinger.

"What a lousy servant. Tsk, though I admit you have a cute face in a closer look." The girl whispered on my ears.

I shivered at her words and push her off in defence. I was so shock that I must've used a lot of force causing her to stumble on the floor.

"Oh my. I-I'm sorry. Are you ok?" I crouch down and tended to the girl who's hanging her head low.

She fiddled with her eyes using her fingers as if removing something. Feeling guilty from my previous action, I scanned the girl for any injuries.

"A-are you hurt anywhere? I'm really sorry about ---" I wasn't able to finish my words when she looked up to me with her crimson eyes different from what she had earlier. Wait. Crimson eyes?

"These are called contacts," the girl said as she showed me a pair of clear, circle-like things which she took off from her eyes.

"C-contacts?" I repeated.

"That's right. So I can mingle with normal people without catching their attention unlike you who roams the street looking at everyone directly in the eyes."

I see. So that's how she suddenly change the color of her eyes. But wait? How did she?

"Hey! How did you kno---?" 

"Did that ring a bell? My name is Son Naeun and just like you, I'm a servant as well Chorong-ssi." 

I froze at her words, currently processing what came from just now. Am I just hearing things? Or did she really said?

"A servant? Just like me?" I repeated. Again. 

"Yes. That's right." She stood and brought me up as well while I remained fixated at her burning red eyes.

"It's rude to stare you know. It's not like it's the first time you saw it." The girl deadpanned averting her eyes as if she was embarass at something. 

"How cute." I mumbled unconciously.

" Yah! I'm not here to throw praises ok? I came here to pass a message for you" The girl named Naeun snarled.

"Eh? A message for me? Not my master? But it's really my first time seeing those eyes. Have we met before?" I queried.

"Ugh. Forget it. It won't make sense anyway. As I was saying, my master sent me here to pass a message for you though it's purely your choice to respond or not." Naeun stated as she rested herself back to the sofa.

"What is it?" I curiously asked.

" 'I have something to tell you regarding your master so come to this address cutie cat.' That's what she said." Naeun scrunch her nose from the endearment and handed me a piece of paper with an address written on it. 

"You do know how to read it do you?" Naeun asked her brows in an arc.

"Of course I know! But... this address seems familiar though?" I stared at the address forcing my brain to remember where it is.

"Hey! Perhaps --" I wasn't able to finish my sentence when I realized that the girl Naeun was nowhere on sight.

"Well that was fast." I mumbled and returned my focus to the address I was holding.

Just who the heck is that girl? Have we met before and she seems so comfortable around me? And what's with her master anyway? Do I really have to go?

I shook my head vehemently.

"It's not good to leave the house when master is not around. I guess, I'll have to wait for master to arrive first."

I folded the piece of paper and just then I notice a message written on the back side.

"It would be better if you come right away. You are looking for answers right?" I read the words aloud and began to hesitate for a bit. Just what the heck? Who is this person anyway? Blaming myself for being a cat, I let my curiosity me in. And before I knew it, I found myself running to the direction of the address I'm holding. Leading me to an apartment I was very familiar. The place where I first laid my eyes upon stepping on this world. Bomis' apartment.

 

"Eh? Did I come to the right place?" I checked the address and no matter how many times I blink my eyes the same building was still standing in front.

"So that's why the address feels so familiar. Stupid me." I facepalmed myself for even forgetting this place. Looks like I'm really dumb at directions huh. And the fact that I was a cat adds to that insane fact.

I made my way to Bomi's door and found myself hesitating for a bit. My heart is beating at an incredible pace and I was sweating furiously though it was freaking cold. It's been three days since I last saw her. And although I didn't showed it that night, I was able to catch a glimpse of Bomi's dejected face when we parted. Looks like she also grew attached to me the same way I am to her. Truthfully, I was kind of hoping to be with her...but....

"Aishh!!! What the heck!? Focus Chorong!! You have pledge loyalty to your master alright?" I slapped my face twice to wake me up on that insane thought.

Knocking the door twice, silence greeted me with its warm presence and I furrowed at confusion.

Wait a minute. Naeun said her master wants to talk to me. And this is Bomi's house. Wait. Could it be? 

I turned the metal knob and found the door unlock for an unknown reason.

What the heck Yoon Bomi? She didn't even bother locking the door? I took a step inside. Second step. Third step. Glancing in every corner, my eyes went wide when I saw a familiar back or rather a familiar pe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter