Does it feel right?

My Kitten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Third person POV

 

A snowflake fell on the shoulder of a girl walking lifelessly as if the whole world was stuck on her back. She didn't mind the cold since for her it's the least bit she can stress about.

Bomi dragged her feet as she went home that afternoon. The excitement of returning home to greet Chorong suddenly vanish as the words Eunji said earlier echoed in her mind. How can she possibly tell Chorong that she already found her master? How can she possibly tell her that the master she's been looking for was her friend? How can she possibly...

let her go? Not now when she already grew attach to the half-cat. She wanted to see the smile on Chorong's face and it's been her goal to help her. And yet, why is she hesitating now?

Bomi stop on her tracks upon pondering on these questions.

"That stupid Eunji. Just how am I suppose to face Chorong now?" Bomi heaved a sigh as she blurted those words unconciously.

 

Flashback

 

"Eunji You----"

"That's right. I'm Chorong's master. The half-cat you took custody of. I'm really sorry for the trouble." Eunji let out a sheepish smile causing Bomi to lose her patience.

"You rotten--!! Why didn't you took her the last time you met her? Don't tell me you already knew she was with me?" Bomi grabbed Eunji's collar glaring at the latter mercilessly.

"Yeah. I know. I felt her presence the moment she first step in this world. She probably told you about it. The fact that elite families possesses certain abilities. Well, I'm one of them." Eunji calmly remove Bomi's hand from her collar and tidied her clothes. Good thing they were the only ones left in the classroom since everyone were in a rush to went home. The atmosphere between them is too intense no one could stand the heated aura although Eunji is pretty calm about it.

"Why? Why did you pretended you didn't know her? She was waiting for you. Did you know she was shivering in the cold and was injured when I found her? Just what the heck Eunji? And I thought I already knew everything about you." Bomi was about to walk out but halted when Eunji gave her words.

"You don't know what you're saying Bbom-ah. I have my reasons and seriously right now, you're irking me. I'm taking Chorong since this is what I have to do and currently you have no right to stop me. Don't be mistaken. That's not only the reason. But telling you right now won't make any sense. You're my friend Yoon Bomi. Please believe in that." Bomi heared footsteps and door shutting from behind, signaling that Eunji left. Bomi was left frozen, her thoughts jumbled and mixed. The problem right now? What is she going to do?

 

PRESENT

 

Before Bomi knew it, she already found herself at the front door of her home. Her heart began to beat frantically. With heavy hands, she turned the knob and entered rather silently with the clicked of the door ending the process. She roamed her eyes but found Chorong not in sight. The cat would usually wait for her in the couch and would normally pounce on her to greet her but this time the couch was empty. Bomi opened and was about to call for the feline but her voice failed to surface. She didn't have the courage to call since doing so might be the last for her to do. Bomi let out another sigh as she let herself plopped on the sofa.

'Where did she go? Did she already found out and left me?' 

With the sudden realization, Bomi sprung up and headed to the drawer below the tv pulling it abruptly. She saw the necklace Eunji was referring to and took it on her hold. She stared at the blue pendant with all kinds of thoughts clouding her mind.

'If only this was mine then she could stay with me.'

Suddenly, Bomi heard panic footsteps nearing her. Alarmed by the sudden sound, she quickly shove the necklace back to the drawer and turned to the direction of the sound. 

With cold sweat on her forehead, Bomi stood dumbfounded at the sight of Chorong huffing for air and her locks in a mess. The half-cat immediately went close to Bomi, stared at her for a moment before snaking her arms on the latter's neck giving a tight hug.

"Welcome back Bomi! Did you learn a lot from school today?" Chorong chimed. She then release Bomi from the embrace and gaze at her with her blue eyes.

"I'm sorry I wasn't able to greet you earlier. I fell asleep at your room and just woke up. You were a bit late today, though." The half-cat gave Bomi an eye-smile causing the latter to blush furiously.

"Well Y-yeah. I've finish some paper works so i-it took me quite some time." She lied. Bomi turned to another direction breaking the eye-contact with the cat and also to hide her flushed face.

"I see. Then we don't have to look for my master today if your tired. Since you don't have school tomorrow, let's just do it by then for the whole day ok?" Chorong suggested.

Bomi only nodded in response while still avoiding the gaze of the cat-girl.

"What's wrong? You don't look well. Are you sick?" Chorong place her hands on Bomi's forehead to check the distraught girl's temperature.

With the sudden touch, Bomi flinched and back-off quite exaggeratedly.

"I-I'm f-fine. Just thirsty." Bomi reasoned.

"I see. Wait here I'll get you some water." Chorong was about to rush in the kitchen but Bomi suddenly grab on her wrist. There was a fraction of silence before Bomi pulled Chorong closer to her. She embrace Chorong in a tight hug resting her chin on the half-cat's shoulder. The girl under froze upon the contact since it's unusual for Bomi to initiate a hug.

"C-chorong, Actually I---. I've already..." Bomi shut her eyes forcing the words to come out but failed rather miserably.

"What is it?" Chorong asked with her brows forming a crease. She can feel the shaking of Bomi's voice and it worried the half-cat.

"N-Nevermind. I-I'll tell you next time. I'll just get the water myself." And with that Bomi release Chorong from the embrace and went directly to the kitchen but halted when Chorong called her.

"Bomi!! You know, if something's bothering you. You can share them to me right? I'm always here okay?" 

Bomi just smiled at Chorong's words but since she was facing back, the latter didn't saw it. The melody of Chorong's words where the latter will always stay on Bomi's side was enough to send Bomi to cloud-nine. But the fact that it won't happen, was like a rough wind that blew all those clouds.

"Yeah. I know."

 

The usual warm atmosphere between the two suddenly changed into an icy cold one.

The dinner was rather quiet. Chorong would initiate a conversation but Bomi would just hum or nod as a response. They went to bed without any 'goodnight' or 'sleep well' which Bomi would normally say. Chorong stayed on the spare room for guest while Bomi was on her own room. Actually, Chorong preferred sleeping with Bomi since she provide her with security. For the past three days, she's been sleeping with Bomi while on her cat form in order to save space. But today, she decided to let Bomi alone for a while since she can feel that there was something bothering the girl. What it was, Chorong had a slight clue for the reason.

Morning came rather fast to Bomi although she was awake through the whole night. She was still thinking about what action to take and finally, when the dawn came into the horizon, she already had her resolved. She's going to tell her. Give Chorong back to her rightful owner. Sooner or later Chorong will find out and eventually leave her. So for the best, she must stop the pain before it gets worse. 

It's going to be a long day for Bomi although she wishes that somehow this day won't end. She prepared herself for the 'search' both Chorong and her agreed. She wore a simple shirt and jeans paired with boots and scarf. She also took some bills with her and of course the blue necklace.

Bomi had her mind prepared for the day. She took the necklace secretly and place it on her pocket while Chorong was preparing herself. Just one day. This one day, she'll have Chorong for herself.

"Chorong-ah. Are you done yet?" Bomi knock on the bathroom where the cat is currently changing. Bomi knew she had been cold to Chorong since yesterday so she immediately apologise to the latter first thing in the morning with stress as her reason to the sudden change in attitude.

"W-wait! I-I'm almost done! J-just a little more!" Chorong responded rather strained causing Bomi to raise a brow.

"Yah! Didn't I told you to ask for help when you can't do it! You should've chose another clothes!" Bomi yelled.

"But I want this one!" Chorong barked back.

"Fine. Fine. If you really want to wear that then let me help." Bomi finally surrendered.

The door clicked and Bomi took that as a signal so she entered the bathroom. In there she found Chorong curled up in a ball her long-sleeved polo shirt wide open..

"Sheesh. You haven't button a single piece." Bomi shook her head and went to button Chorong's clothes.

Good thing the half-cat is now wearing some underwear unlike the last time so Bomi didn't bother closing her eyes since she had already seen enough. But the sight of Chorong still manage to cause the latter to blush slightly.

"Yah. Why did you chose a school uniform out of all the clothes I have?" Bomi asked while still fiddling with the buttons of Chorong's clothes. The cat-girl sighed before responding.

"I just want to try wearing this kind of clothes. I envy those people who gets to study. Since I am just a servant we were not eligible to do so, but master was kind enough to tutor me about lots of things."

"Do you want to study?" Bomi took the blazer on the floor and helped Chorong wore it after finishing all the buttons.

"Not really. What master taught me is enough. I just want to try wear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter