Underneath The Moon And Stars

Pretty Boy

The bar was a little bit grimy, a little bit too loud and a little bit too dark for Himchan's liking. It stank of spilled alcohol and cigarettes and sweat and he'd had to un-peel himself from the seat so often that he'd given up on it entirely. Now, with his drink resting on his stomach with both hands holding it steady, he lay across Yongguk's lap with the man's slim fingers carding through his hair.

They hadn't planned to look this couple-y, it had just sort of happened. They'd begun the night sat close to each other, Yongguk's arm slung on the back of the seat behind Himchan. As Yongguk's friends talked to him and as more rounds of drinks were bought they become jostled more close together, Himchan's head on Yongguk's shoulder and Yongguk's hand on Himchan's thigh. Then there had been more drinks and a few people had left early, meaning the booth seats around the two of them were cleared up for Himchan to eventually lie himself across.

They may have had a few too many drinks, but with the way Yongguk's nails were scratching his head, Himchan could not have cared less. Someone around him mentioned another round of drinks and he raised a hand in agreement.

“Don't you think you've had enough to drink?” Yongguk's low voice rumbled from above him.

He pouted and scowled up at the blur he assumed to be the man's face. “I disagree.” There was a laugh and suddenly he was being shifted from his lying position, awkwardly being pulled up to sit.

“You're so drunk.”

“Am not.” The world leaned dangerously around him.

“Okay, we should head off. Come on.” Yongguk slid an arm around his waist, pulling him up.

Himchan closed his eyes and clung onto him, wishing the world would just hold still for a moment. He felt the other man slowly guide him out of the booth and towards the exit. The sudden rush of cold air as he stepped outside cleared his head a little. Then a cold drop of water hit him in the face.

“Ah, , it's raining!”

Himchan opened his eyes properly and groaned. The sky was a dark grey, thick clouds staining the sky with darker smears. Rain fell and crashed around them, making the ground reflect the lights from the bar. In unison they yanked their hoodless jackets up over their heads and ran down the road. They stumbled unsteadily, grabbing each other to avoid falling over or crashing into things. They somehow managed to make it to their usual break-off point unscathed, but completely soaked.

“How far away to your place?” Himchan asked, grabbing hold of the streetlamp and only barely registering how cold and filthy it was.

“About twenty minutes-”

“ that, come back to my place, it's closer.”

If Yongguk was going to argue, Himchan didn't get the chance. He grabbed him by the hand and dragged him the short walk back to his own place. The rain lashed against them with vigour, clattering on the pavements and house rooftops. By the time they reached Himchan's door the sky was turning black and rumbling.

“Stupid- ing- key!” Himchan fumbled with said key. Either he was too drunk to be coordinated or he was so cold that his hand was shaking too much, but he couldn't get it into he lock properly.

“Let me help.” Yongguk placed his own hand on top of Himchans to steady his grip. A crack of lightning lit up the street, momentarily illuminating the lock perfectly for him to slide the key into place. The door clicked open.

They staggered inside, shutting the door quickly and were met with the sudden muffled quiet of the indoors. Himchan palmed the wall a few times before managing to get the lights on.

“Ugh, I liked this jacket.” He peeled the soaked article from his body and threw it onto a hanger, ignoring the puddle it made. “You should get your wet clothes off too, you'll get ill.” He told the shivering man, yanking off his own shirt without much care.

“Uh, no. I'll be fine. You should change into dry clothes, though.” Yongguk had looked away from him, cheeks pink from alcohol or the cold or something else that Himchan couldn't identify.

“What? No, you'll get sick.” He frowned and approached the soaked man, swaying a little but managing to grab the hem of his shirt and lift it a bit.

“Ah, wait!” Yongguk grabbed his hands to stop him. “What are you doing?” His face was definitely redder.

“Getting you out of your wet clothes, what does it look like?” As soon as he said this, a few points clicked together in his head. He looked down at their hands and the few inches of exposed stomach – amazingly toned abs. His gaze moved up to Yongguk's burning cheeks. He smirked.

Yongguk gulped audibly.

“Why, don't you want me to get you out of your clothes?”

The older's breath hitched, eyes widening a little.

“Do you?” He raised an eyebrow, taking a step closer.

“Maybe,” came Yongguk's breathy reply.

They gazed at one another silently for a moment, waiting for one of them to break the tension. Yongguk's tongue flicked out for a moment to his lips, a flash of pink against red. Himchan caved and half threw himself on the other man, crashing their mouths together.


 

Soundtrack: Tokio Hotel - Love Who Loves You Back