Day 7 : And it ends...

Words That Are Hard To Say

 

Song Muse Of The Day : Shin Song Woo - The First Poem

 

The Sun rose and surprisingly, Dongwoo was the first one to woke up. He squinted at the strip of ray that escaped between the small gaps of the curtain. He got up but before that, he made the bed. A black bed that belonged to Myungsoo. He gave the pillow a gentle tap, catching the fading whiff of the shampoo that Myungsoo always use. He shuffled out of the room, silence greeted him. It was the usual morning greeting. He headed to the fridge for a refreshing glass of cold water when he heard a room door opened. 

"Morning." Sungyeol mumbled. His hair cut short and still a morning mess. 

Dongwoo poured him a glass of cold water and headed to the couch. Sungyeol followed suit after draining his cup dry.

"Tonight is my turn." Sungyeol stated with his eyes on the tv.

Dongwoo just nodded, understood that he meant Myungsoo's bed.

"I miss that kid.."

Silence. Except for the morning weather man depicting the coming of Spring. 

"We all missed him."

 

 

Like back then, Dongwoo was the first to woken up. Terrified at the unfamiliar white environment that reeks of antiseptic before remembering why he was here. He placed his hand on Myungsoo's chest, feeling it rise and fall. The constant beeping of the machine told him that he is still alive. At the reassurance, Dongwoo could only sigh as he leaned back against the chair and stare at his peaceful sleeping face.

Surrounding him was s, cuddled up together on all sides of the hospital bed. Sunggyu and Woohyun were sharing a blanket together. Sungyeol looked worn out with a constant worried frown. Sungjong was asleep but clutching Myungsoo's left sleeve fiercely as if he doesn't want to let him go. Hoya slept on the other side, gripping a piece of his clothes, his face looked much more at peace. It looked like everything was finally back to how it usually was. It was as if they had returned to the every mornings they would wake up after a night of pain and fights but..

Myungsoo stired awake. His eyelids fluttered open and proceeded to stare blankly at the ceiling. Dongwoo placed his hand on Myungsoo's forehead and the other on his own. "Seems normal." Myungsoo tried to get up but Sungjong's grip had him in place. "He was holding onto you the whole night." Dongwoo laughed as he got up to get Myungsoo a glass of water.

"Why?" 

"You know how affectionate our maknae can be, especially to you." Searching for a clean glass to pour for him. "You pampered that kid too much."

"What happened?"

"Of course you don't remember, I mean you were seriously sick and you fainted." Dongwoo returned with a glass of water.

"Thanks hyung." Myungsoo took the glass.

"No pro-" It hit him just then. "You can ta-ta-talk? YOU CAN TALK?" Dongwoo grab him by the shoulders suddenly, causing him to choke on his water. "You can TALK! Our Myungsoo can talk!" With all the ruckus, everyone was up. 

"What's wrong?" Woohyun asked sleepily without opening his eyes.

"Hyung, are you awake properly?" Hoya teased, believing that the madness of last night had his hyung highly delusion but Dongwoo kept on it like a mad chant. Sunggyu had to pry him away from Myungsoo who probably had motion sickness from all that shaking.

"Hyung, you ok?" Sungjong looked at Myungsoo with concerned eyes.

Myungsoo just nodded, confused. 

"Seriously hyung, he talked!" Dongwoo trying to reason his madness with Sunggyu who was half asleep with puffy eyes from all the crying till dawn. "Ask him anything!" He was getting more excited by the minute, like a kid high on sugar.  

"Ok ok ok..." Trying to calm the excited kid. He turned towards Myungsoo but he couldn't find the right words to say as their eyes met. He somehow looked different than the past few days. His eyes were much more focused and more.. human? Perhaps his puffy eyes had him seeing things as well. "Well.." Sunggyu began.

But ultimately, "Did something happened?" Myungsoo asked.

Silence. 

Dongwoo laughed and started jumping all around, chanting, "He talk, he talk, he can talk!"

Sunggyu's eyes widen,

Hoya's jaw drop,

Sungjong gasped,

Sungyeol started crying,

Woohyun slapped himself to be sure. 

They were certain it's his voice. The boys have been hearing it for the past 8 years and there is no doubt on who the owner is, their precious Myungsoo. 

As for the lost lamb, Myungsoo looked at s, confused as their reaction were far beyond his reasoning especially Dongwoo's. What does he meant that he can talk? He had always been talking, maybe not as much as others wanted but.. "Did I missed something?" He was at least sure that he was missing out on something huge. A 'something' that was huge enough to put Sunggyu and Woohyun back on good terms and Hoya to his usual self and Sungyeol crying like a big baby.  

"You idiot!" Sungyeol bawled while tackle hug him. The rest joined in for a group hug, crying and laughing. The storm had passed. A brand new day has dawn upon them. 

"It hurts.." Myungsoo croaked as he was tightly squeezed by s.

"Ya idiot Kim Myungsoo!" Sungyeol begrudgingly punched Myungsoo on the arm. "Do you know how worried I was." His eyes were red with tears. He had always been a sensitive friend and having being told that, he must have worried as much as his mother would when he was ill. 

"I'm sorry." Was his only response, albeit still confused at their dramatic actions just because he was sick. At least he thought he was. The last he remembered was drinking with Dongwoo and Sungyeol the other night. "But... what happen?"

 

* * * * *

 

"Hyung!" A familiar voice called out from the hallway. Eyes lit up like children on Christmas morning. "I'm home."

"MYUNGSOO!" 

 

Apparently, Myungsoo has no memories of the time he spent living as a cat. He had thought he had woken up the day after he gotten drunk. They explained everything from the beginning to him. He listened attentively yet there was no trigger of familiarity except cringing and trying to dig himself a hole to hide in at certain reenactment. Myungsoo rested for another day before returning to the public's eyes. To complete the speculating crowd's suspicions, he explained that he had some complications but that was because he didn't want to go to the hospital. He apologised for cause unnecessary worries and promised to be a good kid who goes to the doctor whenever he was ill. 

The rumors that it wasn't just because he was ill ran for a few months but it wasn't until the renewal of the contract that had the rumors finally dwindled. There were no more worries. The boys joked about their renewal as signing up to an agreement of putting up with each other's tantrum for another 5 years. The restored relationship and gazes reflecting full of warmth and concern as during their debut years had finally convinced the fans that they were back again to their old self. Once again they stand side by side on the stage.

 

"Hello, we're Infinite!"

 

- - THE END - -