Day 4 : What Should I Do?

Words That Are Hard To Say

 

 

Song Muse Of The Day : Yoo Seung Woo & Huh Gak - Monodrama

 

The morning started off with the usual routine fights and this morning's drama starred Sungyeol and Woohyun. Both are now avoiding each other after the arguement on rotating night shifts. Sungyeol had outright accused him of discarding Myungsoo just because he was leaving. Washing his hands from everything Infinite related. The older boy retaliated, insisted that before the day arrive, he is still his hyung who as a hyung should take care of his dongsaengs. He was just grumpy from fatigue bought upon by sleepless nights, Gyu fights, Myungsoo's mysterious change and the continous discussion to leave or to stay. It would be a lie to say he wasn't feeling bad after all that is happening. His conscience was terribly pricked. Thoughts on Myungsoo filled his mind at every waking moment and has even invaded his dreams. He felt bad for him and worries for the future but at the same time he wondered what the public would think if he left and the news of Myung's change broke out. They will probably blamed him and marked him as the root or brand him as a hyung who abandoned his odd dongsaeng. What to do?!

Today was Hoya's turn.

Woohyun has the day free but feeling the guilt from those dark thoughts of Myungsoo, he left for somewhere for what he hoped to provide him with a peace of mind. Sunggyu and Sungyeol went with their CEO in search for a shaman, doctor or anyone who has at least heard of Myungsoo's mysterious case. Dongwoo was busying being a guest DJ while Sungjong went to the national library to do some research with the little information he'd gotten. 

All that is left in the house is Hoya and his strange cat friend. Unlike the others who would overly pampered the strange entity and fawn all over him, he left Myungsoo to himself and the tv to pass the time. 

It's a Tuesday and there wasn't anything interesting to watch. In fact, life hadn't been interesting enough for him as of late. Perhaps he was finally fed up with his idol life. Wasn't this what he wanted? "What has gotten into you?" Dongwoo's question echoed in his mind. He has no idea. After another leg injury but only worser, he had suddenly lost interest in life. It was as if the day his leg broke, blood wasn't the only thing that flowed out of that open wound. Something else seems to have escaped together with the dark red liquid. "What has gotten into me?" Hoya would sometimes question himself. As a dancer, his legs were everything to him. Like a basketball player, like a ballerina, like an athelete... Dancing was his everything. Was.. until the incident that had him in the hospital for six months and huge cast. It was understandable that accidents happen and he would always jumped back up after the fall. He would still continue to dance eventhough s pleaded for him to rest and not overwork himself. Just this time.. something felt different. Why?

"Meow.." Myungsoo calling from afar. Perhaps he sensed the unwelcomeness radiating from Hoya. "Meow!" He called, a little louder. He was hungry. Reluctantly, Hoya pull himself up from the sofa and filled Myungsoo's bowl with the food Dongwoo had prepared earlier on. Hoya returned to the sofa to continue his idleness but it wasn't long before Myungsoo called out to him again. "Meow." Hoya was getting a little annoyed. Myungsoo was thirsty this time and the water bowl was long dried. Once again Hoya got up and fill the bowl and returned to his sofa once the deed was done. 

The Sun was still high up and time seems to tick away slowly. Looking up at the clock, he counted at least seven more hours before the members start returning home. Sigh. With nothing to do and no where he can go, he dozed off on the sofa.

Crash!

The sound woke him up instantly. Eyes darting around the room in sleepy blurness. There was a scared looking Myungsoo and a broken picture frame. Pieces of glass laid scattered on the floor. Coincidence or just purely Myungsoo's bad luck that the broken picture frame belonged to Hoya. 

Silently he got up to pick up the broken pieces. There was no readable emotions on his face. Not even any hint of annoyance but Myungsoo sat unmoving, eyes darted from the crime scene and to Hoya. Animal instinct maybe but the aura around Hoya just screams, 'Do Not Disturb'

"Ugh!"

The broken shard pricked his finger. A tiny read dot of blood but from that tiny wound, a tsunami of rage came crashing down. Unable to hold it in, Hoya lashed out. All the inner feelings he had kept surpressed. Myungsoo quivered in the corner, his head hidden under his hands. He began shouting out random things and then turned his rage towards harmless Myungsoo who was shivering in fear. Hoya started scolding him for everything besides the broken picture frame. He was pinning down all his complaints, remorse, fear, depression.. everything on him and with a long scream of frustration, Hoya marched out of the door and ran up to the roof of the apartment. Bursting the roof door open, he ran towards the edge of the rood. Only to be pushed back by the metre tall fence. He screamed at it, hitting and kicking at it before sinking into the floor. For a long time he knelt there. His knees cold and numb against the ice concrete and his burning cheeks and temper gradually cooled by the gentle caress of the winter wind. As the world around him calmed down, he suddenly remembered an old memory.

During the recording of 'This Is Infinite' in 2013, Woohyun asked Myungsoo how he can stand not expressing himself since he's always silent unless a question is posed to him specifically. In truth, Myungsoo enjoyed talking and he talks a lot more when he's drunk but lately.. he barely heard his voice except when he has to. Hoya suddenly wondered. "How long have he been holding it in?" He then remembered the time when Myungsoo broke down when he was caught in the whirlwind of a scandal. Back then, he too did not say anything until much much later. 

He returned to the dorm and called out to Myungsoo but there was no answer. Probably scared and in hiding. He wanted to apologize, "Myungsoo ah... I'm sorry. Myungsoo.." He called out gently as he searched every room and this time, he was really gone. The curtain of the balcony fluttered open as the wind blew. "Did he?" He rushed to the balcony. "Myungsoo!" There was no blood splatter on the ground or a gory sight to behold. There wasn't in fact, the slightest oddity. A relief. He locked the balcony window shut.

Nervousness gradually building up as he searched over again and again at every corner and still no sight of his tail. Left with no choice, he called the members. As expected, he was heavily reprimanded. CEO, Sungyeol and Sunggyu were on their way back with no luck on their search. Dongwoo was still stuck with DJ-ing. Sungjong immediately rushed out. However, he couldn't get ahold of Woohyun. His phone was shut off. 

Hoya was completely in tears after the first SOS call. He wouldn't forgive himself if anything happened to Myungsoo. The past flashes before his eyes. He sees a down hearted and confused Myungsoo sitting in the corner before their concert. Big brother Sunggyu tried to console him while his best friend, Sungyeol, stood by his side with his own silent form of support. The memory changes, this time he sees Sungjong giving Myungsoo a hug. It changes again, Dongwoo bought Myungsoo some food and later a bouncy Woohyun tried to distract him by playing games but Myungsoo wasn't interested in anything. Lastly, the memory of a smiling Myungsoo standing before him with hands outstretched, inviting him in for a hug. He remembered. He saw himself getting embraced by the ever gentle Myungsoo. When did it all change? When did he started filling himself with negativity? When he injured his leg, it did not bothered him that much but.. when .. when did..

Beep! Beep! BEEP! The pin were keyed in hurriedly and in came the angry mob. Sungyeol headed towards him and delivered a much needed punch to the face. Hoya accepted it with tear stained cheeks. They had every right to be mad at him. Sunggyu had to wrestle to keep the raging Sungyeol in place. CEO Jungyeop, filled with a spectrum of human emotion forcefully controlled himself and bid Hoya to explain himself through gritted teeth. In the midst of explaining, Sungjong returned. Sunggyu was still holding on to a raging Sungyeol. Sungjong was adamant that Myungsoo should still be here. "Hyung is not stupid!" He shouted, close to tears. He ran from room to room and ransacked everything. Searching every nook and cranny. On the verge of giving up, he finally found him, asleep inside the laundry basket with the pile of freshly cleaned laundry. 

"I'm sorry.. I'm so sorry!" Hoya bawled.

"You should be." Sungyeol hissed. "I'll kill you if anything happens to him! I'll freaking KILL YOU!"

Hoya kowtowing, banging his forehead against the marble flooring, pleading for forgiveness. The marble floor stained with his tears and a red lump formed on his forehead. 

"Meow.." A gentle meow. Hoya paused and looked up. He spotted a fearful Myung hidding behind Sungjong's slender leg. He wiped his blurry eyes, in doubt if he was given a second chance. 

"Myungsoo?" Sungyeol finally spoke, his voice close to tears. A soft meow filled with confusion and fear was the answer.

Hoya ran towards Myungsoo, not bothered if he was going to get clawed or bitten or anything Myung possible. After losing him, he was numb from pain. Hoya hugged him tightly, repeatedly apologizing. Myungsoo looked frightened from the sudden pounced and struggled to break free but only to have Hoya hugging him tighter.

Sungyeol sank onto the floor, relief that he was still in one piece. With all the shouting, he wouldn't be surprised if this made it to the front page of the entertainment section. He couldn't care anymore. He had given up. The night before, he had a talk with a Psychologist and it was suggested that Myungsoo's current state was due to accumulated stress and depression that might have created another personality to safeguard his heart and mind. Something along the lines of dual personality. 

"Myungsoo..."