Day 6 : I'm Sorry

Words That Are Hard To Say

 

Song Muse Of The Day : Nam Woohyun - Time

 

This time they had no chance but to leave Myungsoo alone with Woohyun. No one felt comfortable with the idea especially after the fight the night before. Probably the worst fight ever with a heated exchange of feelings burried deep within and expressed in manly fist. Whether they regretted the words that spat at each other or felt lighter from the confession, it wasn't shown on either of their faces. Eyes reflected the same growing tiredness, forehead creased with a permanent frown and lips glued tight, resisting the waves of undesireable insults as remnants last night's wound throbbed with lingering anger. It's just another Infinite morning.

After much reluctance, the boys departed to their respective schedules. Their faces carried an obvious worried expression. Were they doing the right thing? They have no choice but to depend on Woohyun just this once. The boy couldn't possibly be that heartless right? After all, Woohyun and Myungsoo were the original trainees that formed the initial Infinite lineup and grew up together with the latter being rather fond of the former. Their interactions were always squeezing screams out of their fans, at least until last year before everything went downhill. 

"Just get going already!" Woohyun chased them out, annoyed at their distrustful looks of accusation. "I'm not that heartless." He mumbled to himself after closing the door behind him. A hint of sadness in his voice.

 

 

He vigorously shook his head and slapped his cheeks, breaking out of his thoughts. He headed to the kitchen and started preparing food for Myungsoo. Eventhough Myungsoo is a cat, he has a human stomach and the usual, if not larger appetite. "What should I make?" It has been quite awhile since he last made food at the dorm or for any of s for that matter. Doing it again, it wasn't all that difficult especially preparing Myungsoo's meal. Woohyun is still Infinite's best cook and the kid was known to never be that picky with his food except he can't really take oily food too well. It gives him a tummyache. With that hyung consideration in mind, he made Myungsoo's all time favourite; kimchi stew. 

"Myungsoo ya." He called out, signalling that the meal is ready and awaiting his hungry stomach.

It wasn't long that Myungsoo appeared from Sungyeol's room, sleepily dragging along Sungyeol's blanket with him. "Come on. Your food is ready." He turned around to do the dishes, a harmless thought crossed Woohyun's mind. He suddenly recalled Sungyeol's story of the night he was last sanely human. Myungsoo was excessively drunk that night and the next morning, he was a cat. What would happen if he reiterates that night's scene? The thought played around in his mind. Soju won't kill him or anything. Besides, Myungsoo was quite the drinker during their off days. It was a ridiculous idea but no one had ever tried going back to square one. It might be the key they all seek. With Myungsoo finally back to normal, Woohyun would be able to.. "I would be able to leave you.." He muttered, looking to his dongsaeng who was playing around with the fried fish. He took the bottles of soju from the fridge and poured them into his drinking bowl. All he has to do now is wait.

While this was taking place, Sunggyu was getting the shivers and feeling extremely uncomfortable. He dismissed himself the moment he could and left the boys to continue on with the remaining schedule. He immediately rushed home and true to his thoughts, he caught Woohyun trying to get Myungsoo drunk.

"What the HELL are you doing to him!" He screamed. Not caring if the rest of the neighbours or the world heard him. He didn't care anymore. The sight before him was the worse that Woohyun could possibly do. He charged like a mad bull and landed a fist fair and square across his face. The next thing, they were tousling about while shredding each other's clothes and exchanging punches like every other boy. The manager who drove Sunggyu back, tried to break the fight of two hungry wolves at each other's neck. It wasn't until the manager started shouting about Myungsoo that had them snapped back to their senses.

Myungsoo had collapsed. 

Sunggyu threw Woohyun aside and rushed to Myungsoo's side. He was sweating and breathing heavily. His face distorted in pain. The bowl of soju was drained. Myungsoo had drunk it. Sunggyu send threatening glares at Woohyun who sat where he was in disbelief. He had not anticipated this outcome. "It was just soju.." Trying to justify the matter before him. "It wasn't my fault."

Myungsoo was running a high fever with no signs of it subsiding. He was also vomiting every two hours. This led him to be terribly dehydrated. Woohyun sat in the corner, hugging his legs, terrified at the thought of a dying Myungsoo. He was attacked by guilt. He meant no harm. He just wanted Myungsoo to be back to normal so he could... so he could leave. 

The other members had returned upon receiving the news and were scruttling about with anxiety but not before delivering their piece of mind or fist at Woohyun. 

"Your intention caused him to be like this." Sungjong talked down at Woohyun for the first time ever and for the first time in what seemed to be forever, Sunggyu talked to Woohyun instead of arguing. His voice was calm and clear. 

"You can leave. I won't stop you anymore. If you're worried about how Inspirits and the public would think.. I'll help you."

"No. It's mine." 

The other boys looked on silently.

"If I hadn't constantly thought of leaving, I wouldn't have gave that soju to him and he wouldn't be in that... in that state."

A silent reconciliation.

The members cancelled all their schedule that day and the next and indefinitly. Not bothering what the public were speculating. They knew something was terribly wrong with Myungsoo as the neighbours heard Hoya screaming the other day and then there was today's dramatic scene. The suspicions were sealed. All that is left is an official statement from Woollim or the team themselves. They decided to leave that decision to CEO Jungyeop. Afterall, he was the one who gave life to Infinite and has every right to decide what should be next. They had already forward their opinions and thoughts on the matter and surprisingly, Jungyeop smiled at them and hugged them. He reassured them that no matter what happens after today, he would always support them. 

The boys took turn looking after Myungsoo. Woohyun cooked. Sunggyu and Hoya bought medicine since they're good with their tongue in dealing with fans who were lingering around their apartment. Dongwoo and Sungjong attempt to cold press Myungsoo while Sungyeol who was the most broken hearted, picked himself up and helped Woohyun at the kitchen. The two too had reconcile to some extent but Sungyeol still can't find himself to forgive Woohyun. 

That night, after so long, they slept together in the same space. The last they did was their predebut days when they had only one room to themselves. They had forgotten the fun and warmth of their brothers. They all hurdled around Myungsoo whose fever kept going up and down. The boys took turns watching over him. The clock chimed 4, Woohyun was up. It was his turn. The room was silent except for Dongwoo's snore and the ticking of the clock. Woohyun sat next to Myungsoo and caressed his frizzy hair. His eyes filled with regret. 

"I'm sorry Myungsoo." 

"I was out of my mind.. no I was just selfish.." He tried to recall when it all started but couldn't really pinpoint exactly. It was as if it just happen. Perhaps the popularity as a solo and dramas had gotten over him or he became greedy? "I'm really sorry. I promise I won't ever leave again." 

He took Myungsoo's hand and gave it a squeeze. "I'll stay by you even if you are to be like this forever." His voice started to choke. "I'll stay by you even if the group have to disband." Tears welled in his eyes before falling onto Myungsoo's face. 

Sunggyu was awake, hearing his confession. "I'll stay by you too Woohyun ah." A gentle smile.

"Hyung.."

It would have been a sweet reconciliation if it wasn't for the sudden gasping of air from myungsoo that had everyone up awake and panicking.

"Myungsoo ya! MYUNGSOO!!!"