Day 5 : I Miss You

Words That Are Hard To Say

 

Song Muse Of The Day : Kim Sunggyu - Reply (feat Park Yoonha)

 

Sungjong headed back to the library to continue where he left off while Sungyeol and Dongwoo took over. Hoya and Sunggyu had their individual schedule and thus left for it. Woohyun was once again heavily reprimanded but this time, Hoya had also voiced out his discontentment and thoughts. Sungyeol was pretty much down after returning from chasing a shaman. He attempt to be his usual self, keep busy by playing with Myungsoo but it was obvious. He wasn't the only one affected. The other were gradually getting disheartened. The only consolation was that Hoya was finally back to normal and has decided to never leave. Dongwoo was over the moon but the happiest of them all is the CEO for obvious reasons. The happiness was however short lived as Sungyeol spilled the story. He figured they needed to know and attempting to hide it just keep them hopeful was making things worse.

"I can't leave." Was Woohyun's thoughts. Taking over his mind like a poison. Silently eating up his conscious and everything with it. If he wants to, it needs to be after the news breaks out but for how long? He turned his gaze towards Myungsoo who was happily playing with Sungyeol. Should he break it himself? His eyes gleamed with hunger at the thought. 

"Woohyun, can you please pass me that cloth." Dongwoo's voice broke his thoughts. "No." Woohyun thought to himself. They can trace it back to him. At the sudden realization on where his thoughts were heading, he slapped himself which had Dongwoo staring at him puzzled. "Mosquitoe." He lied. He headed towards his room to cool off. Alarmed at the unusual him. He plopped down on his bed and screamed a silent frustration into his pillow. The night before, the CEO had appeared to talk to him, to persuade him once again and like always Woohyun did not reply. He rolled to his side and tried to sleep, shutting off those poisonous thoughts. 

Dongwoo left Myungsoo to Sungyeol. He needed to head out for his next schedule. His heart felt heavier today as he left the duo. 

"Sungyeolie, I'm going."

All he gotten as a response was a nod. He didn't even turned to look at him. His focus was solely for Myungsoo. Dongwoo's feet wouldn't budge. Reluctant to leave them. His heart was no longer where he was suppposed to be, the stage but home beside his dongsaeng. He had made up his mind to take care of Myungsoo forever should he never return to normal. His gaze shifted towards the closed door of Woohyun's room and shifted back to Myungsoo. If he was to leave his life as a singer, he has his family restaurant. He can take care of him. That is what hyungs are for. 

"Dongwoo." His manager tapped him on the shoulder and eventually pull him out by the hand. 

Dongwoo was still unsure to leave the extremely depressed Sungyeol alone. They were after all best friends even before debut. Well, they might have started off hating each other and had even confessed to it several times but they were inseperable after that. In fact, he was sure that Sungyeol secretly enjoyed getting clinged on by Myungsoo. To be honest, it's kind of comforting. It was like he was being relied on.

Now with Myungsoo's state, Sungyeol wasn't himself. He had caught him waking up in the middle of the night just to check up on Myungsoo and even had nightmares. The dark circles under his eyes were getting darker. 

"Myung ah.." Sungyeol the sleeping head.

"Why are you like this? Why are you a cat? What about Byeol?" He held up his right hand, a cat bell bracelet tied around his wrist together with a GPS tag with his name on it. After yesterday's event, they were extra cautious and taking precautions. CEO had given them a tag. A roughly made tag, a temporarily measure. "How can Byeol's owner be a cat." A small awkward laugh.

"How.."

His voice choked as a tear formed and rolled down his cheek and landed on the sleeping Myung's cheek. Another, and another and soon Sungyeol was sobbing uncontrollably. Days of pent down frustration and depression was finally overflowing. He was able to get through the last few days because he thought that there would be hope but as days passed, there were no hints of change for the better.

The rain drops of tears had stirred Myungsoo awake. He turned to face his friend, who was now crying. The sight of Sungyeol breaking down had his heart breaking together with it. Perhaps there is still some human in him.

"Co-come b-ack.." He pleaded.  

Myungsoo wiped away Sunyeol's tear stained cheeks. It was as if they were connected by feelings. 

"I miss you..." He took his hand and sob on it, "... my friend.'

That night Sungyeol did not sleep. He spent the night watching over Myungsoo, his hair. His curly frizzy hair that his best friend had a complex about. 

 

 

"I love you even your curly hair." He remembered the game they played many years back. "You don't believe me?" And like what he did before, he kissed his hair but this time gently and without the awkwardness. As he stared at Myungsoo, he was slowly taking a walk back down towards memory lane. 

He remembered the day they fought. Like all boys, they gotten into a fist fight and if it wasn't for the subconciousness of next week's schedule, they would have given each other a month worth stay in the hospital. They did ended up with chapped lips. Sunggyu had to interwined of course and Dongwoo was looking on by the sidelines, worried and confused. Well they made up eventually and it wasn't long that they fought again. Like always, it was on something trivial. Myungsoo had worn his underwear. Mind you it wasn't just any underwear. It's an expensive underwear. In retaliation, he took his socks and their childish bicker grew and grew. The CEO eventually had to interfere. His solution? He cut both the underwear and socks into half. They made up almost instantly. 

It brought him smiles and it brought him tears. There's a saying that at a time like this that you start to look back at life and appreciate it more than before. He wished he had controlled Myungsoo's drinking. He wished he had played more with Myungsoo when he asked. He wished he had asked him to teach him about photography even though he may never be as good as him. He wished a great many things but it was all gone. A flitting dream that he could only imagine.