Day 2 : You Used To Like Me..

Words That Are Hard To Say

 

Song Muse Of The Day : H - Did You Forget

 

"Hyu-hyung.."

Activities that needed the appearance of the entire group were cancelled or postponed with much apology. With the schedules lessen to a great but not harmful extent, fortunately or unfortunately, those without individual schedules were instead scheduled to look after Myungsoo. After spending a night with the cat like Myungsoo, their fears had decreased but not gone as another new fear emerge. How long would it last? Will he ever turn back to normal? Why did he ended up like this? What will become of Infinite? When should they break the news? The questions continues on and the fear grew.

Their minds echoed the same question but none spoke out loud. Fearing it would be as their words have transpired into a physical being; an unwanted reality. Instead they chose to occupy themselves with something much more vital. How much do they know this cat like Myungsoo? 

They started with the things they knew about Myungsoo and then gradually extended into the little cat knowledge that they have. Through much pain, fear and the general abusement of the youngest, they discovered that the cat like Myungsoo retains most of his human habits and personality. He still greatly enjoys a company and is especially clingy to Sungyeol which they deduced to be due to their friendship and the fact that he used to raise a cat. Most importantly, Myungsoo can eat cat food like every other ordinary cat but rejects it after a few bite. They assumed it's because his tongue was long accustomed to human food and so has his own preference. The queer thing was that Myungsoo does not want to sleep in his own bed. He kept snuggling next to s. Worried that he might just stroll out while they're sleeping, whose ever room he chose to sleep in, will be locked and as an added precaution, another member will sleep by the door. All in all, he's a rather docile and affectionate cat man. Perhaps, he is still the kid they knew...

“Try to get him to like you.”

Today's cat sitting duty lies on the second oldest, Dongwoo. He would prefer to have one of the members accompany him but the others were much too busy to help out. They needed to continue on as they always do and keep suspicions under wraps. Dongwoo doesn't mind much and was rather grateful for his lack of individual activities. Being him, he earnestly thought it was a lucky thing. At least there's someone watching over Myungsoo. Someone who knows Myungsoo very well. Someone who will not take advantage on him. Dongwoo is that someone. 

During the years when Myungsoo's scandal broke out, he was one of the supporting pillars. The others did console him in their own special ways and gave him strength but perhaps there was a sort of parental comfort that kept Myungsoo clinging on to him. The two boys had also been dormmates during their early years of which Myungsoo was often the one looking after him. He felt it was a need to be repaying Myungsoo who has always cared for him when they were sharing the same room despite being just as worn out from the day's schedule. The older boy remembered always apologizing instead of thanking him. This time he wants to properly thank him with his actions. 

"Myungsoo ya~" Calling out cutely as he locked the door behind him after seeing Sungyeol, Sungjong and Woohyun out for their schedules.

There were no rushing of feet or a single sound. He peeked into the living room but there was no sight of him. "Myungie~" He continued to call out but there was still no response. Curious. "Is he asleep?" He continued to call out rather cheerfully while opening the doors to every room. As he opened the last closed door of their apartment unit, the cheerfulness in his voice was completely gone as it finally dawned upon him that his dongsaeng is no where to be found.

"Did he escape?" 

The horror at the realisation as he hears his own quivering voice. Dongwoo began searching through the rooms again. Going franctically and meticulously through every nook and corner of the apartment but every door he opens led to an empty room. "What to do! What to do!" 

He decided to look through the rooms once more. The last thing he wants to do is having the members rushing home while in the midst of recording. He searched through Myungsoo's own room once more. Sungyeol room was next, then it came to his attention something he had not noticed the first time. Looking rather comfortable under Sungyeol's blanket and the pile of unfold clothes is kitty Myung. His black eyes fixed on Dongwoo. It was looking not the slightest pleased or comfortable with his presence. However, the ignorant Dongwoo was just too happy to find him still within the safe confinements of their dorm. He happily approached him but only to stop halfway when he disappeared under the pile. Dongwoo was determine to get him to like him before the day end. He had borrowed a bag full of toys from J.Yoon, the person who looks after the company's cat, Woollimy. 

First he tried with food because everyone loves food, especially Myungsoo. Dongwoo ordered all of Myungsoo's favourite food and even tried luring him with catnip. With the kitchen counter filled with food, the only thing Myungsoo took was a simple tuna flavoured triangle kimbap. Next, he tried to entertain him with cat toys and even tried threatening him with his favourite camera of which did result in a reaction albeit an unpleasant one. Dongwoo even followed the drama ways that one must supposedly do with a person who has no memories although in this case, it's a completely different personality with a different set of memories. He went through all the picture album from pre-debut, concert videos and even reading aloud the cringe worthy fan letters. He tried whatever method he could think of or whatever Google think is lucky. Needless to say, it was going to be the longest day in his life. 

* * * * *

"Myung ah.."

The clock pointed 6.40pm and in the middle of the living room littered with things of the past and the present, Myungsoo had his head on Dongwoo's lap as his hands fiddled with a camera plushie. Myungsoo had finally opened up to Dongwoo. As he laid on his lap, Dongwoo pat his hair that was slowly showing signs of his natural frizziness. He run his fingers through Myungsoo's hair, slowly recalling their years together. 

"Do you remember the time you had a really bad nightmare and you actually whacked me awake?" 

"Do you still remember the first time we won first place?"

"Do you..."

Questioning the past with an unresponsive Myungsoo. Alone, Dongwoo travelled back in time through the tunnel of his memory that still retains the clearest and most memorable moments in his life. 

"Do you..."

 

"Myungsoo ah.. is it nice being a cat?"

A random question,  a dangerous thought.

* * * * *

The familiar black celebrity van drove up, dropping the members. Their faces held the same tired but worried expression. Needless to say, it was an equally long day for the working members. Exhausted from the schedule filled with expected bombardment of their visual's absense, the thoughts and worries of their member had them still filled with adrenaline as they rushed back to the dorm.

They scrutled in with their shoes still on, calling out to Dongwoo before stopping short at the entrance of the living room. Curled up with his head rested on Dongwoo's thighs was a tired out but happy looking Myung. "You're back." He gave them a tired smile. Toys of a variety sprawled all over the floor which they could only assume he wore himself out by playing too much. The kid who had the most energy to play among them was actually worn out. How hard was it? At least the duo were on good terms as they had always been.

"Help me." He mouthed. "My legs are numb.."

Sungyeol that they should spend more time before heading to the bathroom for a nice bath. Woohyun follow suit while Sungjong kneel next to Myungsoo. "He looks normal." His statement led to a sigh by Dongwoo. "But he's not."

Seeing that all was right, Sunggyu left for his own dorm. He know his presence will only make things worse with Woohyun. Hoya lingered a little longer, staring blankly at the peacefully sleeping Myungsoo. A slight contempt perhaps in his eyes. Dongwoo attempted to strike a conversation with him. Awkward and short. He left soon after. 

That night, Myungsoo slept curled up next to Dongwoo. A smile on his face.