Day 3 : I'll Take Care Of You

Words That Are Hard To Say

 

Song Muse Of The Day : The Ark - The Light

It has been roughly three days that Myungsoo had gone completely under the radar and the members are still trying to get used to the sudden change. Silently questioning whether they should get used to it. The fansites had gone abuzz with the clear absense of Myungsoo from shows and events citing it to be another Woohyun case back in 2015 when he had gone under radar for around a week under the ruse of a weak stomach. Although it is no secret that the main vocalist always had a weak stomach but he eventually admitted that he was experiencing a slump. Could it be the same with Myungsoo? Some scoffed at the idea especially when he was the one with the most individual schedule and endoresement deal after the sucess of his latest drama. With that out of the equation, it could only be something to do with the contract renewal. The netizens pondered while some antis began placing bets on how long it would last. 

Woollim Entertainment had release an official statement citing the reason of his absense being food poisoning and added on that Myungsoo felt extremely bad for missing a few appearances and sincerely apologise for being careless. That was on the surface but in actuality...

"Meow~"

The person has turned into a cat.

"My turn!" The youngest of the seven proclaimed enthusiastically. His eyes shone with determination on today's cat sitting duty. 

The hyungs left Sungjong alone albeit uneasy, they know he was old and mature enough to not be foolish. Afterall, the six of them had a hand in raising up their youngest brother to be the man he is today. Their cute little brother had grown up well under their relentless teasing. Perhaps it was due to the way they raised him that Sungjong had a different approach on the matter. Unlike his hyungs, he first attempts to get an understanding on the matter. Why the sudden change? What was the trigger? Why now? He had done some research on the internet last night and the answers he'd gotten ranges from logically scientific to downright ridiculous. There were some physchological explaination to the sudden behavioural change but the alien sounding terms were too much for him to comprehend. 

On this day, before science or whatever godly matters, the first thing on the agenda is...

"Hyung, time for a bath~"

A human can take a shower by himself and a cat does by itself but a catman can't do both. He most certainly doesn't like the idea of Myung himself clean. He is still human after all. 

Sungjong hummed a tune to their latest album as he undressed Myungsoo, "I'm going to get you nice and clean." The scent of that night's alcohol still stuck on him like some high quality perfume that doesn't wear off. He couldn't believe how they could've tolerated the stench. "Come on.. your underwear as well.." Gosh, he can't believe he's stripping him and giving him a bath. Is this really his hyung? 

The dirty laundry was toss aside and the bathing ritual began. Sungjong had the bathroom door locked just in case Myungsoo was going to react like the average water hating cat. Although there were some exceptions to the feline community but will Myungsoo be one of them?

Sungjong the shower, adjusting it to warm. The rushing water had Myungsoo's immediate attention. He sat there in the tub, with tensed muscles, unmoving except for the rising and falling of his ribcage and the pair of clear black eyes that followed his every movement. Sungjong couldn't dicpher what those eyes meant. After he had gone through a 360 change, Sungjong felt that he was starting to understand this hyung less and less. 

He started off gently, first wetting Myungsoo's hands. "Is the water warm enough?" He frequently checked his response, all the while comforting him with a gentle and reassuring voice. From the hands, he proceeded to the entire length of his arm and his back. For the first time, bath time had never felt that long in Infinite's dorm. Myungsoo gradually grew accustumed with the scary sound of water. As his muscles slowly relax, Sungjong proceeded to start syampooing that curly oily hair of his. Perhaps he had proceeded a little too eagerly, Myungsoo squirmed and soon started throwing a tantrum as the syampoo had gotten into his eyes. Needless to say, by the time Sungjong washed out the syampoo and calmed down his hyung, he was dripping wet from head to toe. 

"Let's scrub your back."

The sight of his broad back had him reminded of the days they used to spend at the public bath house after a tiring day. It was back when they were just trainees and unknown debutees. The days when tears of sadness and joy were often mixed. Sungjong took a clean cloth and started scrubbing his back. Myungsoo purred in pleasure. "Do you like it?" Myungsoo gave a delightful meow in response of which Sungjong happily obliged. 

"Anddddd we're done!"

Myungsoo was finally smelling the way he used to smell and he was liking his clean self. He rolled across the living room floor with a big smile on his face. Occasionally rolling towards Sungjong and beaming at him, delighted at the newfound comfort. Sungjong was quite worned out from wrestling in the bathroom but at least he achieved his goal for the day. He looked on as Myungsoo played by himself. His eyes gradually grew heavier and then it completely shuts with a soft snore. It was a tiring day. 

The light outside had gone dark with the sky filled with twinkling stars, marking the end of another day. Sungjong had fallen asleep and the first thought that comes to mind when he woke up is, "Hyung!" He got up panicky and a familiar scented blanket fell off his shoulder. "Hyung?" Curled up in a ball just next to him and sleeping peacefully is the owner of the said blanket. His pounding heart slowed down as he laid his hands on Myungsoo's curly head. It felt solid yet soft under his palms, catching a whiff of the syampoo as he his head. 

His hands shifted to the blanket that kept him warm. Looking at the warm fabric and back at the sleeping head, Sungjong couldn't help but wondered if Myungsoo was the one to cover him with the blanket. There was no one else but the two of them. As a human there is no doubt but does a cat do this? Sungjong caressed his curly hair, his eyes begining to water. 

As he laid asleep there, Myungsoo looked nothing like a cat but the hyung who had always pampered him. The pineapple hyung; looking all prickly on the outside but is actually sweet on the inside. 

"Hyung..." 

A barely audible plea. Tears well up and he quickly wipe them away before it trickled down his cheek. He may have wiped one away but more kept flowing.

"Hyung.. why are you like this.." He finally broke down. Tears of repressed feelings of frustration, longing and desperation came st down like a waterfall. "Come back to us.." He pleaded, sobbing uncontrolably. 

He felt a tug of his clothes. Myungsoo was awake. "Oh sorry.. did I wake you up?" 

Myungsoo just stared at him. Eyes reflecting the same sorrow as Sungjong. He wipe away his tears with the back of his hand and gave a gentle but reassuring smile that the human Myungsoo would. Sungjong might have missed it from the bluriness of his endless tears but he was certain that he saw the human Myungsoo in that short moment. Maybe he wasn't entirely gone from them.  "Hyung.." He hugged him.

Dongwoo hurried home, excited on wanting to spend another night with Myungsoo but to his dismay, Myungsoo insisted on curling up next to Sungjong. For the first time, the boys were starting to joke around although still a little awkward. They . Claiming that his good deeds were forgotten. It was unlike human Myungsoo to be ungrateful but maybe because he's a cat now. Sungyeol explained that it's a cat's trait. There is afterall a saying that cat chooses their alliances depending on who feeds them.

They have yet to realize...

That night, Myungsoo curled up between Sungjong and Dongwoo. Guarding the entrance was a reluctant Woohyun who after been given an earful by Sungyeol, begrudgingly slept there. 

It just makes you wonder what tomorrow would bring... but for tonight... a dream or a nightmare?