Filler

Mechanical Love

The next four months went by without as much as a blink to Amber. During the week both the girls went to school, most of the time. When Krystal claimed to be “sick” Amber would take care of her but she always ended up sneaking out to go who knows where. In the last month though she stopped sneaking out and just had the other sit in her room with her talking.

They talked about her school, the latest gossip, her dad but never her mother. Amber was intrigued and wished to know more but Krystal never talked about her. Since the accident Krystal had been trying to act nicer to Amber. Whether it was from guilt or interest she didn’t know.

On this particular day Krystal had skipped school claiming to have the flu this time and requested Amber take her to a restaurant for lunch. Amber knew better than to disobey her but was wondering why she wished to go out when she knew her father was out today. Ultimately Amber took her to a restaurant on the other side of town. As was normal she requested for Krystal to be sat in the back corner of the restaurant away from onlookers. Escorting the princess to the back of the restaurant Amber stood to the side where she could keep an eye on the other. “Amber, you can sit you know.”

“Ma’am?” Amber asked confused. Krystal motioned to the seat opposite her and the other hesitated. Slowly she sat down opposite the princess. Though things had been getting better between the two of them Amber was still afraid of what the other could do. Despite her looks she was a strong girl who could easily take care of herself.

Amber turned down actually getting food but did scan the menu since she didn’t need it but Krystal kept insisting she at least try some food. This was an experience she hadn’t had yet. Who knew what her system would do. She tried a piece of the edamame that Krystal had ordered. It tasted like nothing. She could taste nothing. But to not upset Krystal she thanked her for the delicious food. Krystal wished for her to have more but Amber politely refused sitting and looking around at the décor.

Out of the corner of Amber’s eye she spotted a familiar face. Krystal’s father was sitting across the room from them. He hadn’t noticed them yet. “Um Ma’am…”

“You don’t have to keep calling me Ma’am. Just call me Krystal.” The princess said taking a sip of her miso soup.

“Krystal,” Amber corrected, “do you know your father is across the room from us?” Krystal froze and followed Amber’s eye to see her father.

“.” She whispered, “What do we do?” Her father then looked over and made eye contact with Amber. Standing up he excused himself from the table and walked our way.

“He’s walking our way.”

“. What are we going to do?” Krystal whispered. Amber analyzed the potential situation.

“Let me see if I can scoot us out of trouble,” Amber replied as her father stood at the edge of their table, “Good afternoon sir.”

“Well don’t you look healthy? Almost enough to go to school today.” He said looking at Krystal.

“I can explain.” She started but her father waved a hand in front of her face.

“Sir, allow me to explain.” Amber said quickly and he turned toward her. “I asked her to bring me here. Seeing as I only could come out when she is here.”

“Why couldn’t you have gone on a weekend?”

“That was a thought but she wanted me to try the bossam,” she said again remembering what was on the menu, “It’s only served weekdays during lunch.”

He glared at her knowing she couldn’t actually eat. Thankfully he didn’t give her away and walked off muttering how he would deal with this later.

“Oh my god. I didn’t actually think we would get away with this.” Krystal sighed with relief as the waiter brought out her food.

“You might want to eat quickly so we can get back.” Amber suggested and the other nodded.