Sinking Feeling

Mechanical Love

After breakfast instead of helping Jognhyun clean up; Krystal dragged Amber out of the house. She had grabbed her tie and walked very quickly out. If Amber had lungs she probably would be gasping for air. They met up with Jessica by the car and proceeded to get in the back waiting for Amber to get in the front next to the driver. As she sat down she was once again Amber’s tie was pulled around so that she was facing both the sisters now. “Alright listen up. WE” she said pointing at her and her sister, “WE will be going out to the lake. YOU” she said again pointing at me, “You will not breath a word of this to anyone. Do you hear me?” Amber nodded terrified that this girl was literally going to end her if she didn’t comply. Krystal let go of her tie as Jessica told the driver where to go.

The lake was something new to Amber. She had never been near water yet she knew what it was but it was new to her. Krystal and Jessica had changed into bikinis and planned on meeting friends of theirs at this spot near the lake. The driver had taken off stranding Amber with the sisters. This wasn’t all bad they didn’t want anything to do with her at the moment so she wandered off to where there were many trees and just observed nature. It was strange yet familiar to her. How did everything connect so well without wires or circuits? These questions popped up into her vision, and she was startled by them they hadn’t appeared before ever. She did realize soon after that she could swipe them away from her vision and keep them stored elsewhere.

Suddenly a loud noise sounded and startled Amber. She lost her balance and fell to the ground quickly turning around to see where the sound came from. She saw Krystal and Jessica waving to a speedboat that had 4 other people on it. They waded out to the boat before being pulled up by the two men in the boat. Slowly driving they boat away Krystal looked back to see where Amber was before not concerning herself with it any longer. The boat grew distant in the horizon as Amber sat there.

What would she do? She was by herself, which was strange to her. Deciding to take a walk around the lake she got up and headed in a direction. She observed many things like squirrels and birds singing as well as snakes hissing. Everything she learned about but never really knew about. How did everything like this work? How is it all maintained?

Elsewhere on the boat Krystal couldn’t get her mind off of Amber. Why did she decide to leave her back there? There was more than enough room in the boat for her to fit. She might of cramped her style but at least she wouldn’t be alone. The music blasted as one of the boys sped up the boat. Jessica walked over to her sister and sat next to her. “Thinking about Amber?” Krystal nodded sipping the soda she had. “We could always turn back around and get her you know.”

“No. She’ll be fine.” But Krystal was worried. For some reason she might actually like the girl.

“Alright suit yourself.” Her sister said again standing back up and heading to the front of the boat.

Amber had walked far enough around the lake by now to hit a small beach where many people were laying out on the beach while children played in the water. It was a drastic change from the quiet wooded area she had just been in. All of a sudden a man bumped her into. The contact made a loud sound especially as the man yelped in pain from the contact. “What the man.” He growled as three more men joined him. Amber felt fear in her circuits and mumbled out an apology as the man grabbed the collar of her shirt lifting her up. “For that I’m gonna have to throw you in.” He and his buddies lifted her up while simultaneously retraining her and carried her across the beach to a hill overlooking the lake. Coincidentally Krystal and Jessica were a couple yards away from the hill chilling in the sun on the boat.

“Hey look up there.” One of the other girls had said pointing to the top of the hill. There stood a group of men holding a clothed person above them.

“Hey Krystal. Doesn’t that look like-“ Jessica started before the group tossed the other off the hill. Amber didn’t make a sound as she pummeled down making a giant splash in the water. She heard something crack within her mechanical body that didn’t sound good. There were so many errors going off in front of her that she didn’t have time to react, she just continued to sink.

Krystal having caught a glimpse of Amber’s face before hitting the water sighed. “Yep,” In reply to her sister. They heard the faint sound of the other boys’ laughter from the hill as everyone waited for her to reemerge. Amber was never taught to swim. In fact this was her first time interacting directly with water. Based on the notifications that were displayed to her this was probably not the best idea as she continued to sink lower and lower into the dark water.

Everyone started to get worried after a couple of minutes when she didn’t reappear. Krystal tried to keep her cool but it wasn’t happening. How could she have let this happen? Father was going to kill her. They weren’t even supposed to be out by the lake let alone leave Amber. They boys on the hill began yelling at each other blaming each other for the possibility of a death on their hands.

All of a sudden Jessica dropped everything she had in her hands and jumped into the depths of the water. Amber finally shorted out when water got into her main core. As Jessica swam deeper into the water she saw a flashing white light signaling her closer. Her eyes widened a big when she saw it was coming from Amber. Grabbing her by her arm she pulled her back up.

After they both reemerged Krystal helped pull Amber onto the boat. The flashing light had ceased but Amber was still unconscious. “Someone will have to perform CPR. Who’s trained?” one of the boys asked and everyone looked toward Krystal.

“Fine.” she said kneeling next to Amber. She began by trying to start her heartbeat again. The metal where her heart moved but mostly from water damage as Krystal pumped. When that didn’t work she connected their lips and blew air into hoping to get air into her lungs. She returned to pumping again as a bit of water escaped from Amber’s mouth. She connected them one last time before Amber coughed and a lot more water poured out of . “Are you alright?” Amber couldn’t say anything as she stared up at Krystal. She had just saved her life. But why? She was just a servant to her. Amber stared into Krystals eyes wondering how someone so terrible could look so pretty. “Hey! Answer me stupid.” Amber nodded and sat up her body made a small groan but not very audible.

“Krystal we should probably take her back. Get her checked out by a doctor.” Jessica suggested but Amber shook her head.

“I’m fine just take me back to land ill be good.” The AI said coughing up more water. She knew she wasn't fine but she wished to not concern the sisters with herself.