New Surroundings

Mechanical Love

The next morning both the AI and the scientist stood in front of a large mansion. The AI stood bewildered at such a size of a house and when the gates opened it tried to get a closer look but was restricted by the scientist.

“Don’t make yourself noticeable. You don’t want to be scrapped do you?” the being nodded and gathered itself up again. Both walked up to the door and stood at attention as a servant opened the door and ushered them in. They were escorted to a sitting room but both stood instead of sitting. The man from before walked in with a girl next to him. “Good morning sir and princess.” The scientist said bowing and the AI taking the cue to follow.

“Welcome to my home. This is my daughter Krystal. Krystal this is your new servant and its father. Amber and Scientist Liu.” The man said and the girl looked at both of them seemingly uninterested. “Why don’t you take Amber to your room and show them the routine of every morning.” the girl rolled her eyes but walked out of the room with the AI following.

They went up several steps before stepping into a room that covered in white and beige. The walls were beige and there was a big white bed in the middle with two bed-stands one on each side each filled with books. “This is my room. Don’t touch anything. You will only be in here when I call for you. When you aren’t in here you will be helping the head servant, Jonghyun.” She said as a short man with blonde hair walked in and bowed. “Speaking of which, this is Jonghyun. Jonghyun this is Amber she will be helping you unless she is with me. Show her to her living quarters.”

“Good day. Yes ma’am.” The man named Jonghyun said rising from his bow and escorted the AI in hiding out of the room and out of the house to a different building all-together with a very different quality of living in it. The walls were peeling and the air quality wasn’t the best and Amber could tell as the mechanical body came with an air filter in the middle of the body almost like lungs. They walked to a small room at one end of the hall. “You’ll get used to the air and the mold but this is your room it’s the last one we have so you may have to share it in the future.” The AI nodded looked around as the scientist walked in escorted by someone else.

“How are you settling? I have a bag of stuff for you, books to read, and clothing; stuff to keep up your studies and I have gotten them approved by his Grace. If anything happens you are to fist come to me no matter what it is.”

Amber nodded and the scientist stopped a moment before hugging the AI. It was something that hadn’t happened before and they stood there together awkwardly for a second before Amber reciprocated and hugged back.

When they pulled apart there was a tear in the eye of the scientist. Though he had known the AI for only a month he technically worked on it for years making it almost like a child to him.

“Be safe. I have to go. But if I am permitted to I will visit to update your drivers and give you new things to learn.” The scientist whispered into the AI’s ear before pulling away from the hug. The AI nodded and bowed before the scientist left sniffling a little bit.

“Now then,” Jonghyun said after a moment, “lets prepare dinner they will be waiting.”