eight

SOUL/MATE?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eight

 

 

+

 

 

CL got back from having dinner with her LA friends. She threw herself to the couch in her service apartment in.

She scrolled down her phone, some message from her family, Harin, she misses her sister so much. A message from her manager telling her about her schedule. Some updates in 2ne1 group chat and some random messages.

No message from Kai, no phone call from him.

Also no message or call from GD.

What am I expecting from Jiyong oppa?? Of course he will stop calling and texting me everyday, he knew I have Kai now. She scolded herself.

She check the Nuthang group chat and only found some random things. Nothing interested her.

Should I call Kai? She asked herself. Of course you should, dummy, you haven’t talk to him since you got here two days ago.

 

“Hello?” Kai answered the phone.

“Hey…” she said.

“Hi…”

“Uhm, what are you doing now?” CL asked.

“Uh, I just finish eating lunch.”

“Oh…” CL said, Seoul is 15 hours ahead from LA. “How are you?”

“Hey, I’m gonna call you again later, okay, my manager ask me to gather with the member, we’re filming right now.”

“You’re filming now?”

“Yeah, I’m filming video clip in Japan.”

“Oh, I thought you’re in Seoul.”

“Didn’t I tell you that I’ll in Japan this week?” Kai sked.

“No…”

“Oh, I’m sorry, I kind of busy.”

“Its okay, good luck, Kai.”

“Yes,” he said, “Uh, Chae…”

“Yes?”

“I miss you.” He said.

She feels like crying, she really doesn’t know how to react, she should’ve miss him too.

“I miss you too, Kai.” She said.

CL sighed.

Really? She covered her face. Yes, I miss my boyfriend!

 

Suddenly her phone rang.

Xin facetiming her.

“Hey yoooo, chae chae!!” He said when CL answer the phone, she could see Xin and Kush oppa in Kush’s new apartment.

“Hi oppaaa…” CL waving at her screen phone.

“What are you doing, girl?” Kush shout from behind.

“Just got back to the apartment, I was having dinner with Diplo and Sonny.” She said.

“Yeah I saw Sonny’s snapchat,” Xin said.

“Oppa I miss youuuu” she pouts.

Then she paused a bit, its so easy to say she misses her oppas, and when she said it, she truly feel it.

“Hahaha…” Xin laughs, “yeah we all missing you here, especially this guy.” He flipped the screen and show GD who is lounging in a sofa.

CL feel something burst in her heart. “Who?? Who was that?” she pretended to ask.

“What the , man??” at the same time GD shouted.

The boys laughing.

“Is that GD oppa?” CL asked.

“Wanna talk to him, Chae?” Xin asked back.

Suddenly she saw GD’s face on frame.

He looked startled for a second but then his facial expression change, “Hey hunchae.” He smiled.

She couldn’t understand why but when she saw his smile, she feels like crying.

“Hi oppaaa” she purposely move the phone a bit harshly so they don’t she her having a bit tear in the corner of her eyes.

“How’s LA?...”

…Yeah I heard the weather is nice…

…What’s your schedule for tomorrow…?

…its already midnight in there, right? Go to sleep…

…Rest well, Chae, tell Sonny and Diplo I said hi…

…Night, Hunchae…”

All his words are moving slowly, like a slow motion in a movie. And all she can do is telling him everything. Like usual, and it felt good to speak with someone who’s very familiar with you.

She didn’t have to pretend to be anyone.

GD knew her for her.

She’s not the baddest female in front of him.

She’s just Lee Chaerin.

 

+

 

GD hung the phone call, seeing her face for fifteen minutes after not seeing her for almost a month makes his heart weak.

He took his glass filled with scotch and drank it in one go.

“Easy, man.” Xin came, took his phone back from GD and leave again.

“Where are you going, man?” GD asked.

“Balcony, imma call my girl.” He said, showing the screen that he already pressed SooJoo’s number.

GD scoffed.

 

After talking to Soojoo for around 30 minutes, Xin hang up the phone when he saw a message from CL.

 

Chaerin: Oppa can I call you?

 

Xin immediately call her.

“Hey oppa,” she pick up the phone.

“Hey, whats up?”

“Don’t give the phone to Jiyong oppa again, okay?” she said.

“No, he’s inside with Kush, I’m at the balcony. Is everything okay, Chae chae?”

“Yes… I just… feeling a bit lonely here.”

“Why don’t you call your boyfriend.”

“Oppa… strangely I don’t have many things to talk about with him… is it maybe because we’re new?” she asked.

Xin thinking, “Do you love him, Chae?”

“I’m interested in him, we can talk about many things… but it was before we became couple, now…” she didn’t finish her words.

“Why?”

“I want a settle and real relationship like what you and Soojoo unnie have… I guess I’m being to demanding, don’t you think so?”

“Chae, when it click then it clicked. Relationship doesn’t have to be forced, everything comes naturally.” Xin said. “Comfort needs time, but in my case, I feel comfortable with Soojoo since the first time we knew each other, and when I realize that I had a crush on her, I told her and we became couple after that things get even better and steadier.”

CL didn’t say anything.

“Ask yourself, Chae, what do you want from this relationship.”

She sighed. “okay then…”

“Chae…” Xin said. “I want to ask you a random question, just answer it quickly.”

“Like a psychological quiz?” she asked brightly, she loves that kind of trivia things.

“Yes.”

“What is it?” CL asked.

“Do you miss Jiyong?”

She didn’t answer but Xin could hear a soft sobs through the phone.

 

+

  

Two weeks later.

CL just done packing her stuff to go back to Seoul when her manager call.

“Chae, Sajangnim is in LA and want to have dinner with you now.”

“Really? Okay, I’ll get ready…”

 

She arrived in a fancy restaurant, there she met YG and some of his foreigner friends. CL familiar with some of them because they are big people in world music industry.

“Good evening, I’m CL.” She bowed to everyone in the table.

“CL, these are my friend who will also help you with your album.” YG explain.

“Wow, really? but I knew they are a great producer and musician.”

“That’s exactly what we need, isn’t it?”

CL nodded.

“And als

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter