seven

SOUL/MATE?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seven

 

+

 

GD can’t think straight, he was on his way home, CL as about to drive him home, but surprisingly Xin is waiting for GD at the car.

“Dude…” GD said while rest his head to the window.

“Hm.” Xin lit up his cigarette, he rolled the window down.

“Chae, got a boyfriend.”

“What?? That EXO guy?”

GD nodded. “he asked her to date him and she said yes.”

Xin slow down the car and looking at GD from the corner of his eyes. GD got his hair covered his eyes, but Xin could feel the pain in his voice, and he could see GD’s shoulders shaking.

He’s crying.

“Are you okay?” Xin asked.

He didn’t answer.

Xin pull over the car.

“Ji..?”

“Why am I being like this, man?”

Xin didn’t say anything.

GD heavily sighed.

“Let me tell you something,” XIn said, “you just got your heart broken, Ji, That’s why.” Xin couldn’t hold his smile, even though he knew its not a good time, but he’s happy that GD finally realized his feeling for Chaerin.

“But i…”

“Jiyong, jut admit it.” Xin cut him, “admit it that something inside your chest is so hurt.”

“No, i’m fine.” He wiped the tears and scoffed. “I just sensitive because of the alcohol, and I’m not sad, man, I’m happy for her. really.”

Xin patted his back, “Yeah, of course.”

 

+

 

 

Kai arrived at CL’s apartment at 7.25pm, 25 minutes late from what he promised.

“Hey,” he said when CL open the door for him.

She already order some food for them.

“I thought you said you’ll be here at 7.” CL said, besides clean freak, CL is a very punctual person, so time could be trigger for her to get into her nerve. She always get this problem with many people but never with GD, because he’s as punctual as her, even more strict.

“Yes, I’m so sorry, turn out I have to go fitting for tomorrow’s chart show.” He smiles, “I’m sorry that I didn’t let you know.”

CL feel bad for a while, Kai might not fully wrong about it.

“I’m sorry too, I shouldn’t mad at you.”

“Were you mad?” Kai asked back.

CL smiles.

“It feels good knowing that you mad at me.” he said.

“Why?”

“Because you were expecting me that much.” He chuckled.

CL laughing. “Yes, I am.”

“Sooo…” he said. “Its awkward, isn’t it?”

CL asked him to sit at her dining table.

“I’m gonna prepare the dinner, and fyi, I can’t cook so I ordered us a take away food.” She explained.

“Too bad, I want to taste your cook.”

“No, you can’t or you will regret your decision to have me as your girlfriend.”

Kai paused.

“I’d never regret it, Chae…” he said.

And suddenly her chest got heavy, she couldn’t understand why but there’s so many things in her head right now.

 

They were eating in silence, only a small talks.

“Chae,” Kai called her.

“Hmm?”

“Thank you.”

“For?”

“For accepting me to be your boyfriend.” He said.

CL looking at the guy in front of her. Kai is handsome, everyone knows that, he got a strong manly jawline, he got the smart brain, he got the body and many other qualities, and CL happy with that.

She likes this guy. At least that’s what she told herself, and she tries to believe it.

“You’re very quiet today, Chae… is there something bothering you?”

“Hmm… just, works…” she said.

“Tell me about it.”

“Nothing really interesting, just preparing songs for my solo album, got some meetings with some producers and… I might go to LA next week.”

“For how long?” Kai asked.

“Maybe one or two weeks.”

“I’m gonna miss you for sure.” He pouts.

He’s so cute. She thought.

“Me too.” CL ate her meat.

“So you like red meat or white meat more?” Kai asked.

“Why don’t we play the ‘or’ game?” she said.

“Okay!”

“Mountain or beach?” CL asked.

“1…2…3…”

“Mountain.” CL answered.

At the same time Kai said, “Beach.”

They both laughing.

“Summer or winter?”

“Summer.” Kai said.

While CL said, “Winter.”

They started to get awkward.

“Red wine or white wine?”

“Red.” Kai said.

“White.” CL said.

They didn’t say anything.

Whenever she played this with GD, they always have the same answer, even for the most ridiculous question.

 

FLASHBACK

GD drove his black Lamborghini Aventador on a high way with CL, they’re heading to a private party in the city side.

“Oppa.”

“What?”

“White or black?” she asked. They always do it when they bored, and this trip is quite long.

“Black.” Hey answer it together and then high fived.

“Summer or winter?”

“Winter.” They said again and then laughing.

“Too easy, Chae, you know how we both crazy about jacket, coat and furs. Of course we’ll choose winter.” GD said.

“Okay, then… hmmm…  pinky finger or thumb?”

“Thumb.” They said it together.

“Curly or straight hair?”

“Straight!” they said it again.

“Itchy on feet soles or itchy on the back?”

“Itchy in the back!” they laughing so hard.

They always get the same answer. Always.

END OF FLASHBACK

 

“Maybe we shouldn’t play that.” CL chuckles.

“Its okay…” he smiled. “Its just a game.”

They started eating again in silence.

She’s looking at Kai, sitting in the place where usually occupied by GD, he often come brought many foods, they will eat while talking about many things or watching some movies. Sometimes they will did a silly things like wearing beauty masker, having manicure or doing home karaoke from the small karaoke machine CL has.

“Chae?” Kai call her.

“Y-yes?”

“Are you okay? Are you feeling sick?”

“I’m okay.”

“You look tired… I’m sorry…” he said.

“Why?”

“You know, maybe instead of see me today, you can rest, because you need it.”

“No, Kai, what are you talking about.”

“But you didn’t really talking tonight…”

“I’m sorry… but i really want to see you tonight.”

Kai smiled, “so, tell me about anything. Your friends, do they know about us?”

“Hmm… not yet.”

“What about Jiyong hyung? He’s the closest to you, right?”

“Uh.. yeah he knew.”

“And what did he said about it?” he asked, enthusiastically.

CL’s mind flew to the night when she told GD, he didn’t really say anything, he stood up and so do CL. Then he smiled and hug her, hug her really tight.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter