ten (final)

SOUL/MATE?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ten

 

 

+

 

Ten years ago.

“Hello, my name is Le Chaerin, I’m in charge to be main rapper and vocal in 2ne1.” She was the last who introduce herself after the other three members, Bom, Dara and Minzy.

“This is you sunbae from Big Bang, this is Teddy, he will be your producer, and everyone, this 2ne1, newest trainee who will be debut as YG first girl band.”

Me and the rest of Big bang member introduces ourselves.

“Jiyong, Chaerin here is the leader of 2ne1, teach her well, okay?” YG pat her shoulder and she was smiling.

“Yes, Sajanangim.” I said.

 

later that day they have a vocal session with our trainer.

“Jiyong, Jiyong,” Teddy called me.

“Yes?”

“You gotta see this!” he waved his hand asked me to go there.

I walked towards his studio and saw Chaerin trained her rap skill. She was holding a brush—pretend it as the mic—and sing one of Missy Elliot song, her vocal is so thin, like me.

“I don’t know why she remind me of you.” Teddy said.

He’s right, even I feel like looking at myself when I see her.

“But her skill is still lack in many ways.”

“I’ll teach her.” I said. but then I feel ashamed saying that infront of Teddy, the famous rapper at that time, “N-not that I’m the expert or what, Hyung… but I just—”

Teddy laughed, “No, Jiyong, you were right, better if you teach her, or both of you could learn together, her style is similar to your rap style, while mine is more into Seunghyun style.”

I scratch my nose.

 

I watched her day by day because Teddy is very interested in her, he said “I bet she will become a superstar, she’ll be succeed!” and I don’t know why but I agree. She’s a real hard-worker and a perfectionist, two words that people always said towards me.

 

“Lee Chaerin,” I called her when she passed a common studio, which later become mine.

“Oh, hi Jiyong-ssi.”

“Call me oppa.” I said.

She chuckled, “okay! Jiyong oppa.”

“So, you’re the leader of 2ne1?”

She nodded.

I asked her to sit on a chair there.

“You’re Big Bang’s leader, right?” she asked.

“Yes.” I smiled.

“How long you’ve been trained here?”

“About 3 years.”

“I heard Big Bang will debut next year.” She said.

“Hopefully.” I said, “Or the next year.”

“Please teach me how to be a good rapper and leader oppa.” She stood up and bowed.

“I also not the perfect one… we haven’t even debut yet. but I will tell you everything you know, so we can learn together.”

 

Next thing I know is we become very close, we became bestfriend, and we’ll go training together and learn how to rap together. We even go out to eat, go to concert, watching movie and do hiking together. People started think we match each other very well. But no one suggest us to date. Of course, we have the dating rule. Three years without dating after debut.

 

+

 

Two years later

 

Big Bang debuted and it was considered a success because many parties offering us endorsements even concert.

All management happy because they said this is the born of next Kpop kings, we also have that faith because in just a year we always at the Top of the charts. And then the victory of YG continues with the debut of 2ne1, a girl group with a totally different style than any other girl group that existed that time. Once again we hit success.

We were invited to all the hippest party. Met many important people and as the leaders, me and CL often being paired in so many events. We have the same style so many brand endorse us with similar products and being invited to same events. And by that, our closeness level raised.

 

+

 

Five years later.

 

I held my solo concert. I wasn’t able to see all my friends for a while during the tour, but strangely, the person I missed the most is Chaerin, people started to call her 'CL' that time.

Yes, strangely but true, I can’t go by day without calling her or at least text her to asked about her day.

I realize that I probably like her.

But families don’t date each other, and that’s something YG always said.

So I promised myself to love her as my sister, love for families never dies, right?

And as my dating rule’s over, I started dating many girls. I’m no player, I swear, I don’t date them for fun. For some of them I even thinking about having a real and settle relationship, but all of it end up because they’re jealous of CL.

They said, I never stop talking about her.

Of course she doesn’t have to know.

So I told her—and all my friends—that I broke up with the girls because I’m bored. There is where I got my player label. And the label become real because as the success followed me, the girls also on my tail. Who doesn’t like rich boy?

But my heart is always empty.

And you know why.

I have a little space for those girls for one or two nights.

But the bigger space is occupied, by a girl I know would never be mine.

Lee Chaerin.

The more I like her, the more I became a jerk—got my eyes for so many girls—to forget her and I realized I don’t deserve her anymore, she has to be with someone who have their eyes only for her.

Without realizing I was that guy, I had my eyes only for her for years.

 

+

 

Today

 

Suddenly GD raised his hand. “Sir,” he said.

“Yes?”

“So, she’s not family anymore?”

“Not under YG family, Jiyong, but by heart she still a fa—” he hasn’t finished when GD cut him.

“So, can I date her?”

 

“YASSSH!!” Xin put his fist in the air like he’s winning a game or so.

“Oh please say yes.” TOP mumbled.

“Yes yes… come on Sajangnim say yes..” Taeyang also murmured.

“No, Chaerin is the one who must say yes, hyung!” Seungri added.

While the girls are giggling.

CL doesn’t know how to react, most of YG family are there and all of them witnessing what just happened.

“This is a big news” someone said.

“I always say they’re more than just friend.” Some other replied.

YG hasn’t finished surprised with GD question yet he saw many gestures of his kids doing something like ‘finally he said it.’ kind of expression.

“Can somebody explain?” YG asked.

GD also a bit surprise looking at his friends reaction.

“You like her, Ji?” YG asked GD.

“Yes, Sajangnim!” he said loudy.

CL feels her face is now redder than anything.

Everyone cheering him.

“Go for her, Ji!” Xin shout.

“Yeah! She already broke up with Kai.” Dara shout.

“GO oppa go oppa!” Minzy cutely cheering on him.

“She broke up with who??” YG turned to Dara. “What the hell happened here? Why didn’t I know about anything?”

Everyone giggling because YG looks like father who found out that his daughter is dating behind his back.

“I’m sorry, Sajangnim, I was dating Kai from Exo, but he broke up with me recently.” CL explained.

“Kai broke up with you??? But you’re my precious CL!” YG sighed.

CL smiled, he still can say she’s precious even after she hide Kai from him, he’s such a kind boss

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter