Chappie 13

Forbidden Blood

 

                “Where are you?” JaeNa asked to the person she’s speaking with through her cell phone. She was walking very fast through the forest, waling away from the mansion at the heart of the forest, away from the council’s property.

                -on my way home- YoungMin, who’s on the other line answered. -have you found anything?-

                “Unfortunately, I didn’t found anything. Mianhe.” JaeNa answered. “How about you… have you found anything?”

                -I think so. I had found my dad’s diary. I don’t know if this would be able to tell us anything. My instinct says that we might find something in here. I haven’t been able to read the whole diary- YoungMin answered.

                “Okay then… let’s meet up. I want to see the diary.”

                -okay…- they hanged up. JaeNa moved swiftly through the forest, creating a weird sound through the wind. She reached the bus stop a few moments later.

                The two met up in a park. There was no one else in that park so the two of them can sit down and talk without being disturbed.

                “Here it is.” YoungMin handed her a strange hard covered black book. “I’ve only read a few pages there. That’s the only thing I found that is somewhat usable… I guess.” JaeNa took it and quickly scanned the pages. She’s done after a few minutes, she closed the diary.

                “What? Did you find out anything?” YoungMin asked abruptly.

                “It’s just a typical diary… saying things he has done in the past… his feelings… his thoughts and stuffs… but…” JaeNa paused and opened the diary and started to scan it again, finding a particular page.

                “But?” YoungMin uttered.

                “But he got some interesting entry.” JaeNa stopped searching the diary and handed it to YoungMin. She pointed out on the page of the diary. “Read that one,” she said to him. YoungMin took it and read the words silently…

…it was such a beautiful sight to behold. The moon was shining so bright at the night sky. I was at the top of a tall tree and busy watching the stars as they spark to each other, as if each spark means something, as if it was their way of communication. I was busy watching them when something appeared out of nowhere and blocked the view of the moon. I swear my jaw dropped when I realized that it was not ‘something’ but ‘someone’ up there, blocking the view of the moon. It was a figure of a human. I could tell that it was a girl. Her long hair was waving with the wind. Before I could think of anything else, the figure falls down to the ground, and because I was more than 50 feet away from it, I didn’t see where it went through the thick trees surrounding the place…

…still thinking of what I saw, of how possible can that girl jump that high, of how she was up there in the air, much higher than the tree I was at… I got down from that tree. The moment my feet touched the ground I quickly felt something weird. I looked around to see what it was, and as I turn around, I met the most intriguing, mysterious, soulful eyes I had ever seen… and most of all, it was red, burning like fire… she was wearing a white dress and it was tainted with a dark stain, it was dark so I couldn’t tell what the stain was, but when the moon shined upon her, I was shocked when I saw that it was blood all over her. There was also blood dripping from her hand and even on her cheek…

…those threatening eyes stared at me for a moment and I felt like if I move even a single muscle in my body, she would grab and kill me. I have never felt scared and threatened like this in my whole entire life except for this moment. She started to walk slowly towards me… her burning eyes still locked with mine. I stared back at her… but honestly… she is one of those most beautiful women I have ever seen in my life…

                “A woman? Who do you think it is?” YoungMin asked when he finished reading the diary entry.

                “I think… that’s the vampire that we’re looking for.”

                “It’s a woman? Did they have an intimate relationship or something?” YoungMin looked at the date the diary entry was written. “This has only been a year after my mom died.”

                “I don’t know… it wasn’t said in your father’s diary. But I think their relationship is more of close friends than slave to master, friends who are willing to help and protect one another in times of trouble.”

                “You think so?” YoungMin asked.

                “Yes… that’s what I think. Besides, you don’t have to worry because your dad loves your mom very much. He always mentions her name, he’s longing for her.”

                “Any other important details that you found?”

                “Yes there is. The last pages of the diary were ripped out.” JaeNa informed him.

                “Ripped out?”

                “Yes… I think he wrote something important there but in the end, he decided to rip it out so no one will know about what he wrote.”

                *something important? What are you keeping from us aboji?* YoungMin asked in his thoughts.

                “I want to ask you if I could take care of that diary for a while. I’ll try to figure out something from that diary.” JaeNa said.

                “Sure… you can have it for a while.” YoungMin handed the diary to her.

                “Gomawo… thanks for the trust YoungMin-ah…” YoungMin smiled genuinely at her.

                “As you have said, you are my friend so I trust you. Besides, you’re the only person who’s helping me with this, so how can I not trust you?” he asked. JaeNa smiled back at him. “And I should be the one thanking you JaeNa-ah… for helping me out… even though we’ve only been friends for just a short while now.” JaeNa puts her hand on top of YoungMin’s hand.

                “I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again… I’m glad I can help you YoungMin-ah… and friendship can’t be measured by how long you know the person. It’s the care towards one another that counts. It’s how much you are willing to give for one another, how much you are willing to help each other,” she smiled at him. YoungMin puts his other hand on top of her hand. JaeNa’s hand was now in between YoungMin’s hands.

                “I’m very lucky I have you as a friend JaeNa-ah…” he whispered. JaeNa mockingly smiled at him.

                “So much for the drama,” she said then she stood up. “You seriously thought I was doing this for free? Of course I’m not!” she started walking away. “I’m hungry! You have to feed me!” YoungMin grinned as he stood up and followed JaeNa.

                “What do you want to eat?” he asked.

                “Jjajangmyeon!” she yelled with an enormous smile on her face. “Two bowls of it!”

                “Okay, okay!” YoungMin answered as he raised his hands as if surrendering. They continued laughing as they walk.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

                “I’m sure this would help JaeNa-ah to fell better.” SooYeon whispered to herself. She grinned as she looked down to the box she was holding. *she’s been down lately… she’s even absent today in school and I think this would help her. She loves chocolates anyway* SooYeon thought as she walks her way home. “I’ll just leave this at home first before heading to work.” On her way home she passed a park and while passing through it, her eyes caught a scene happening at the park.

                There, sitting next to each other on a bench at the park was a boy and a girl, their hands were on top of each other’s hand. They looked so serious while talking. SooYeon took a step back. *No! This can’t be! This can’t be happening! No! No!* she thought with an astonished look on her face. *oh my god!* she gasped.

                After a while, she saw the boy and the girl stood up and walked away laughing. She even heard the girl yelled ‘jjajangmyeon’. *this can’t be… YoungMin-ah… JaeNa-ah…* the box slipped off SooYeon’s hand and she held her chest.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

                “That’s the best jjajangmyeon I have ever had!” JaeNa exclaimed as she and YoungMin went out of a restaurant.

                “You’re exaggerating.” YoungMin commented. JaeNa just grinned.

                “Thanks for the treat YoungMin-ah.”

                “That’s nothing compared to the things you’re helping me with. So don’t mind it.”

                “So, uhm … about the things that you have told me… can I tell this to SooYeon-ah?” JaeNa asked out of the blue.

                “I… I don’t think we should tell her.”

                “Wae? I mean she could be of help. And it’s much easier if there are three of us looking.”

                “Yeah, I know… but if she helps us, there’ll be a tendency that she’d be close to me.” YoungMin answered.

                “And so?”

                “I don’t want to be close to her. As much as possible, I don’t want her to know that I knew you guys are vampires,” he said the last word softly. YoungMin puts his hands inside his pockets.

                “Wae? She’s nice… I’m sure you two would get along.”

                “I know she’s nice but… I just can’t tell you the reason.”

                Something struck JaeNa’s mind, “Unless… you like her,” she looked at YoungMin. “Am I right?”

                “No comment.”

                “I can understand you… you’re human and she’s not. It’s too complicated.” JaeNa said in a low voice.

                “it’s not about that…” *it’s because of KwangMin. I can tell he has feelings for her.* the two of them stayed quiet for a while… until YoungMin broke the silence.

                “It’s my turn to ask a question. Why did you choose this day to look for clues about my dad? We could have done it on other days… days when we don’t have class.” YoungMin said.

                “No comment.” JaeNa answered. YoungMin chuckled.

                “You’re such a copycat. That was my line.”

                “No comment,” she said again.

                “I bet… you’re avoiding someone.”

                “Oh crap! Just stop it YoungMin-ah!” YoungMin laughed at her reaction.

                “I guess I’m right base on your reaction,” he laughed again. JaeNa gave him a murderous glare. He suddenly kept his mouth shut. “Okay! I wouldn’t say anything about it again. Don’t get too pissed. I don’t want to die yet.”

                “I wouldn’t kill you even if I get too pissed.”

                “What would you do then?”

                “I’ll bite you… turn you into one of us so you’d live forever and so I could torture you until whenever I want.” Then she laughed wickedly. YoungMin shivered at the thought.

                “No please! Don’t ever do that. I’ll be good to you from now on.”

                “You looked like a scared cat!” JaeNa laughed at him.

                “Oh please…” *why do I have a friend who has a wicked laugh like hers?* JaeNa kept on laughing at him.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< 

all right… enough fooling around… (^.^)

I’ll write seriously now… haha (another side of me: you mean you’re not serious while writing up to this chapter? What a horrible author you are!)

okay… so I guess I am a horrible author… ^.^

this chapter was full of YoungMin and JaeNa… why is it like that? (‘-_-‘) hmm…

there’ll be KwangSoo (KwangMin+SooYeon) drama moment next chapter… ^.^

 

anyways.... i'm really really sorry for not updating for two weeks... so so sorry... (T.T)

 

comment and subscribe! thanks for reading! ^.^