Chappie 12

Forbidden Blood

                The next morning…

                “Huh?” KwangMin looked at JaeNa’s empty seat. “JaeNa-ah’s absent today?” he asked.

                “Deh… she has to go somewhere.” SooYeon answered. Their teacher came and the class went on.

                *this is my fault… I guess. Maybe she’s still shocked by all the things that I have said yesterday* MinWoo thought to himself. *what am I going to do? I don’t want her to hate me* “Argh!” he said out loud. All eyes were suddenly fixed on him.

                “Mr. No… is there anything you want to say?” the teacher asked.

                “Nothing songsaenim. Mianhe.”

                Breaktime…

                “What a waste! Why is unnie absent today, just when I have a lot of things that I wanted to tell her?” EunHee uttered. “She’s coming tomorrow, right SooYeon unnie?”

                “Maybe,” SooYeon smiled at EunHee. “Molla. She didn’t tell me anything.”

                EunHee gave a heavily sigh. “What a coincidence. YoungMin oppa is also absent today, he left without a word. And MinWoo oppa was kind of spacing out. He didn’t even eat with us today. Seriously… what’s wrong with them?” EunHee rests her head on the table.

                *YoungMin left without a word?* “Does YoungMin have a problem?” SooYeon asked, concern was written all over her face.

                “I don’t know.” KwangMin answered.

                “EunHee stood up. “I’ll go now oppa, unnie. See you guys later,” she left.

                “How could you not know? He’s your twin. I bet he’ll definitely tell you if he has some problem.” SooYeon insisted after EunHee left.

                KwangMin frowned. “I do not know. He was just absent for a day SooYeon-ah. That doesn’t mean that he has some serious problem already.”

                “I was just… well, EunHee said that he left without a word so I… uhm…”

                “You are so concerned.” KwangMin interrupted.

                “H-huh?” SooYeon asked nervously.

                “Why are you so concern about him SooYeon-ah?” KwangMin looked directly at her eyes.

                “He’s my friend. Right?” she answered. She avoided KwangMin’s gazes. She let herself be busy with her food.

                *she can’t… she can’t possibly like YoungMin. No! She’s mine! And mine alone!* KwangMin thought.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

                Cracking noise filled the air as the doors were opened and YoungMin entered the house. He was at an old house located at a far, rural place of South Korea. It was a two-storey house that looked like a classic haunted house because of cobwebs overflowing the house, a sign that no one has ever been there for a long time. Aside from that, the house is located at the heart of the forest, with tall trees and wild animals surrounding it.

                *it has been really long since I’ve been here* he walked inside, looking around with a hint of longing evident in his eyes. *that was the time when dad was still alive* he looked up at a big frame posted at the wall in the living room. It was their family portrait. Their family portrait when he and KwangMin were still small children and EunHee was still a baby. His mother was not in the picture though. She died while giving birth to EunHee. YoungMin touched the portrait and uttered, “Aboji… haraboji.”

                He went to the study room afterwards, the room used to be his father’s. *I need to find something that might be able to tell me anything about the vampire that I’m looking for. Just like what JaeNa-ah told me*

 

**Flashback

                YoungMin and JaeNa’s conversation that morning on the phone…

JaeNa: I’ll be absent for the rest of the day YoungMin-ah… I’m going to find anything relevant to your father.

YoungMin: okay…

JaeNa: you should go and find anything useful too.

YoungMin: but… I don’t know where I should go to look.

JaeNa: don’t you have any old house somewhere? Somewhere your father stayed for a long period of time?

YoungMin: (thought for a while) I think… I knew where.

JaeNa: Good! Find something then. I’d better be going.

YoungMin: okay… and by the way JaeNa-ah…

JaeNa: yeah?

YoungMin: gomawo… thanks a lot…

JaeNa: it’s nothing… glad to help. Bye!

**end of flashback

 

                *if JaeNa-ah was right, I might find something here* he started to scan the bookshelves. The shelves were filled with books about vampires. He looked from the upper part of the shelves down to the bottom part. There were also books about medicine, history, places and books about myths of different places around the world. “I can’t believe aboji has read all of these.” He searched the office table next. He opened every drawer. The last drawer, the one on the top center didn’t open, it was locked. YoungMin went out of the room to look for something that he could use to forcefully open the drawer. He found a hammer, then he went back to the room. “Jeongmal mianhe… I have to destroy you,” he said t the table before hitting it very hard. The table was made of wood so it was easily destroyed. He hit it several times until the top part was torn and the inside of the drawer was visible. YoungMin picked up the thing.

                “What is this?” YoungMin held up a book. It was a hard covered book, color black and about a size of a notebook but around 3 times thick. Nothing was written on the cover of it, the front and the back cover was just plain black. YoungMin started to scan the pages. The papers were all color brown an a little brittle, a sign that the thing was really old. The name ‘Jo YunHo’ was written on the first blank page, at the bottom right. “It looks like… a diary.” YoungMin went outside of the house. He sat on a bench at the porch of the house and read the diary.

          what a happy day… my little angel (EunHee) finally said her first word! And she said ‘appa’. I’m very proud that I’m her dad. She’s really an angel. She’s growing more like her mom. YoungMin and KwangMin also love her the same way that I do. I think they would treat her like a princess when they grew older. Funny how YoungMin watched her little sister as she sleeps. And KwangMin always want to feed her. Boys would really have a hard time courting my little angel when she gets old because of the twins. Haha…

…I wish my dear YooHee is here… so she could witness as the children grow up… watch them with me… by my side… I still remember her, still longing for her, longing for her embrace, for her care and for her love. Whenever I close my eyes, I see her face smiling at me…

…if I could just turn back the time… I would have done everything to save her life. I really miss you my dearest YooHee. I hope you’re happy wherever you are. I love you always…

                Tears fell from YoungMin’s eyes as he read his father’s writings. He closed the diary and wiped his tears. “I miss you Dad.”

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

                “Master… the lady has arrived,” the woman said. She has a short black hair. She was standing beside an old man who’s sitting at the balcony, with wineglass in his one hand, filled with sticky liquid.

                “I know. She finally came back,” he took a sip from his drink. “Treat her pleasantly EunJung.” The old man said.

                “Yes master.” EunJung bowed then leave her master alone.

                “Came back huh?” the old man smiled mischievously. “What brings you back JaeNa? What do you need?” he took another sip.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

                “What the heck am I doing here?” JaeNa murmured to herself as she stares at the huge steel gate in front of her. Behind the gate was a mansion, almost a castle for it was really huge. “Oh yeah… I remembered… for YoungMin-ah…” she sighed. “What a great friend I am.”

                The steel gate suddenly started to open. “They knew I came back…” she murmured. JaeNa started to walk inside. “You don’t have to open the gate. I can always jump,” she said out loud.

                “That’ll be a waste of effort for you.” A woman’s voice said.

                “EunJung…” JaeNa uttered as she came closer to the front door of the house. EunJung was there, as if waiting for her. “What a way to start our reunion.” They gave each other an intense stare.

                “What are you doing here? You’re not welcome here.”

                “That’s really a great way to greet me EunJung.” JaeNa smiled at her, a wicked smile. “Maybe for you I’m not welcome… but what about the others? I know they were thrilled because I came back here. Especially your master.”

                “I don’t like you… even a bit!” EunJung hissed.

                “Well, I’ve got big news for you…” JaeNa mockingly smiled, “the feeling is mutual… I don’t like you either… even a bit.”

                “You bit-…” EunJung wasn’t able to finish her words, she froze on her feet.

                “Enough with the talking. You are so freaking annoying.” JaeNa threw a last glance at EunJung who literally stood there, frozen, before she entered the mansion.

                There were vampires in the living room when JaeNa entered, some were sitting on the sofa while others were standing. All of them have a wineglass with red liquid in it on their hands. Just like EunJung, they were also frozen at their feet. The clock stopped ticking.

                “I have to move fast.” JaeNa jumped from the first floor up to the 3rd floor of the mansion where the library was located. The mansion has two libraries and this library contains books and other things such as records of slaves, list of human’s that knows the secret about vampires and other secret stuff that only the elders and members of the council can see. The library was prohibited even for JaeNa, even though she’s the pure blooded one. But she found a way to enter the library. “I hope I might find anything relevant to YoungMin’s father here.” She started to scan every single thing in that library. She’s reading every single word at every single article, book and stuffs very fast. After a few minutes, she finished searching the whole place.

                *that’s strange. There’s nothing relevant to Jo YunHo. Not even in the records of slaves or human’s who knew about us* JaeNa frowned. *I’m sure something’s not right here. I have to find it out* she came out of the library.

                “You’re going already JaeNa?” she heard a voice from her back. She turned around to see who it was. There was an old man standing behind her. The same old man that EunJung called master.

                “It’s good to see you… not affected, and still able to move.” JaeNa said to him.

                “It’s also good to see you… coming out of the prohibited library.”

                “You know… I’d love to chat with you more but I have to go. So, annyeong.” JaeNa waved at him and quickly jumped to the 1st floor and run towards the door and left the mansion. The clock starts ticking again.

                “-ch!” EunJung finished her words. She was shocked to see that JaeNa wasn’t in front of her. “Aish! She’s really a ! She stopped the time again!” EunJung entered the mansion and quickly went to the old man. “Master…”

                The old man looked at EunJung. “Check that library. She went there. See what she did inside.” The old man commanded. EunJung entered the library and came back to the old man after a while. “All I saw was that she’s scanning the whole place, looking and reading every single thing inside. But I can’t see what she’s looking for.” EunJung informed the old man.

                The old man started to walk away. *what are you looking for JaeNa? One thing is for sure… you’re looking for something prohibited, looking for some secret. Have you found what you needed?*

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< 

Phew! After so many crazy days… finally I updated… ^^

Mianhe dear readers… also, I can’t find much time to type the story…

My mom would always throw me murderous glares every time I open my laptop so sorry for late updates… (T.T)

By the way… I finally put what JaeNa’s ability is… and EunJung’s… I’ve already given a hint in the past about KiBum’s ability too… ^.^

 

@saranghaeyoseob: thanks! i love vampires so much too... ^^

@KevinRa: don't worry... KiBum's not going to die... ^^

 

comment and subscribe... thanks for reading... (^.^)v