Chappie 10

Forbidden Blood

 

                 A waiter walked to them and asked for their orders. An awkward silence filled the air the moment the waiter left. JaeNa broke the silence.

                “What do you want to talk about?” she asked.

                “Let’s talk after eating dinner. We have a lot to talk about, and it’s not good to talk while eating.” YoungMin answered.

                And so, the two of them waited for their orders to be served. They ate silently. It felt like silence was a fragile glass that needs to be taken care of so it won’t break into pieces, felt like their voices would break that fragile glass. After eating, the waiter served them their drinks, YoungMin had a cup of hot coffee while JaeNa got, as always, her favorite strawberry fruit shake.

                “Maybe now you’d be able to start talking,” JaeNa said. “How come you know what I am?” she asked seriously.

                “You’re not denying it now?”

                “No… there’s no use in doing that anyway. So why don’t you just answer me with an answer and not with another question?” she raised one eyebrow.

                YoungMin took a sip of his coffee first before answering back. “Someone taught me how to distinguish who are the vampires in a pool of crowd,” he took another sip. “Besides… someone like you have a different aura than the rest. It’s hard to explain… but one thing’s for sure. I knew right away that you guys are different.”

                “Taught you?”JaeNa curiously asked.

                “Yes. But unfortunately… he’s dead.” YoungMin’s eyes showed sadness as he said those words.

                “I- I don’t get it. Who are you really? I’m sure you’re not an immortal one like me. So, who are you? What are you?”

                YoungMin took a deep breath. “That’s right. I’m not immortal like you,” he paused for a moment. “First of all, it was my grandfather who had taught me about the vampires. He told me that my father used to serve a particular vampire before he disappeared. The cause of his disappearance was never known. We never knew if he’s dead or what. His body was never found. It was like those solving a mystery case on television. Haraboji did try to investigate but he never succeeded. He taught me the things about vampires because he has a feeling that the vampire who my father used to serve knew something about my father’s disappearance and he’s hoping that I would be able to continue solving the mystery regarding my father, in case something happened to haraboji,” YoungMin took another deep breath before continuing, “and three years ago… haraboji was murdered.”

                “M- Murdered?”

                YoungMin closed his eyes for a moment before opening it again and continued, “He was murdered right before my eyes. I remember every single detail of what happened that day like it just happened yesterday.”

                “Who murdered him?”

                “I don’t know. They were wearing black coats, and I’ve just caught a glimpse of their backs, there were three of them. Those retards! They burned the whole house. They show no mercy on us. It was a miracle that I was able to survive the fire although I don’t know how. All I know is that I passed out and when I open my eyes again, all I could see was white, I was at the hospital.”

                “I- I am so sorry,” JaeNa said sympathetically. “You’ve had such a hard life.”

                “I heard them…” YoungMin does not seem to mind or heard what JaeNa’s last words are, “they were saying unfamiliar words before the fire started. I don’t think those words belong to any language in the world.”

                JaeNa was stunned. “U- Unfamiliar words? Was it something like a chant?” she asked.

                That seemed to catch YoungMin’s attention. “It does… why? Do you know who they were?”

                “I am not so sure… but, if you’re saying that they were like chanting unfamiliar words, then maybe… just maybe…”

                “What? Maybe what?”

                “Maybe they were witches.”

                “Witches? Is there such a thing?” YoungMin looked surprised.

                “Don’t you know? You don’t know anything about the witches?

                “Ani. Haraboji never mentioned them to me.”

                “Hmm… that’s strange. He taught you about us but he never mentioned anything about the witches.” JaeNa frowned.

                “Waeyo? Who are these witches? What are they to your lives?”

                “You see… witches are our long time enemies. They wanted our race to vanish here on earth,” JaeNa paused for a while. “Maybe that explains it. Because you’ve said that your father served a vampire before, somehow, your family has connection to us. Maybe that’s the reason why they killed your grandfather. I think your haraboji’s death is somewhat related to your father’s missing act years ago.”

                “If what you have said about those witches were true… then maybe you’re right.”

                JaeNa just stared at YoungMin for a while. *I never imagined that he have had a tragic past. I feel guilty for all those things that happened to his family. If it weren’t for us, his father and grandpa would still be with him. If there’s only a way for me to help* something flickered in JaeNa’s mind. “Hey, YoungMin-ah,” she called to him.

                “What?”

                “Do you know who was that vampire that your father used to serve?”

                “I don’t know. Haraboji knew nothing about that vampire either. He said my father wouldn’t talk about his master,” he looked straightly into JaeNa’s eyes. “That’s why I felt so lucky when I saw you and SooYeon. I decided to talk to you to ask for your help.”

                “I’d be glad to help.” JaeNa answered quickly.

                “I thought that, because you’re a vampire, maybe you’d be able to help me find someone like you… the vampire that I was talking about.”

                “Uhmm… so what can I do to help?” she asked.

                “You can start by telling me if you knew Jo YunHo… that was my father’s name.”

                “Jo YunHo?” JaeNa started to search her memory to see if she knew that name from the past. Then she suddenly felt a stinging pain in her head. “Aah!” she cried as she held her head.

                “What’s wrong?” YoungMin went closer to JaeNa.

                “I- I’m okay… I think,” JaeNa managed to maintain her composure. *something about that name is definitely not right* “I don’t think I knew your father. But I’d still help. I can do some research and ask some vampires if they knew him.” *something’s not right about that name but I don’t know what’s wrong with it either… arrgh! Frustrating!*

                “Kamsahamnida JaeNa-ah! That’ll be a big help!”

                “Thank me when we find out something. By the way, does KwangMin-ah and EunHee-ah know anything about this?”

                “Ani. They knew nothing about this. I was the only one that haraboji trusted with the entire story. I honestly think that what haraboji did was the right thing. As the first son, it is my duty to find out about these things. I don’t want to put KwangMin and EunHee’s life in danger. I’ll deal with this myself.”

                “No.”

                “Huh?”

                “No. You’re won’t deal with this yourself. I’m here, you’re not alone. I promised to help you… didn’t I?” JaeNa smiled genuinely.

                “Thanks again JaeNa-ah.” YoungMin smiled back at him.

                Just then, YoungMin’s phone started ringing. He excused himself before he stood up and stands a few feet away from JaeNa then answered the cell phone. “Bob? How’s the dinner going? Is it already finished?”

-Yes. The dinner was already over. It was so much fun oppa!- JaeNa could hear EunHee’s energetic voice on the other line of YoungMin’s phone even though he’s standing a few feet away from her. –I can’t wait to tell you all what happened. This is such a wonderful night. I’m so blessed!-

                “Wait up Bob! Before you continue with your story telling thing, why don’t you just tell me first where you are so we could pick you up?” YoungMin interfered with EunHee’s non-stop talking.

                -Oh… never mind that oppa. Just tell me at what restaurant you guys are in and I’ll be the one to come over- YoungMin agreed and told her where he and JaeNa are currently in. –Okay, jut wait up for me- EunHee hung up. YoungMin get back on their table.

                “That was…” he started to tell JaeNa.

                “I heard everything.” JaeNa interrupted to whatever he is about to say. “EunHee-ah’s coming over here.”

                “Mianhe… for a while, I have forgotten what you are.” YoungMin smiled shyly.

                Minutes passed, they were still waiting there quietly for EunHee to arrive. “She’ll come inside this restaurant…” JaeNa suddenly uttered, “In 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1.”

                “Oppa! Unnie!” EunHee’s voice filled the restaurant. YoungMin and JaeNa looked where the voice was coming from.

                “EunHee-ah,”

                “Bob.”

                EunHee walked towards them, she sat beside JaeNa. She has a smile on her face that is as wide as an airplane or a cruiser. She’s obviously very happy. She turned to face JaeNa. “I’m so happy tonight unnie! I get to have dinner with my idols! They’re the best in the whole entire universe! As in!”

                JaeNa laughed at her exaggeration. “In the whole entire universe you say? That’s quite exaggerating EunHee-ah.”

                “You know what unnie? I have…”

                “I’ll tell you what Bob,” YoungMin interrupted whatever EunHee was about to tell JaeNa. “It’s already late in the evening and JaeNa-ah here needs to go home and rest after all those screaming that you two did earlier. Save your story telling for Monday.” YoungMin said.

                “Uh yeah… mianheyo unnie. Oppa’s right. We all need to go home and rest. I need my beauty sleep. We’ll just talk about it on Monday.”

                The three of them stood up and walked their way to the bus stop. JaeNa was the first one to get off the bus.

                “Goodnight unnie!” EunHee waved at JaeNa.

                “Bye JaeNa-ah. Thanks again,” YoungMin said.

                “Bye guys,” JaeNa waved at them before riding off the bus and started walking her way to their apartment.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

                1:15 am… at JaeNa and SooYeon’s apartment. The lights in the kitchen were on. JaeNa was sitting there, on one of the chairs in the table, holding a wine glass filled with red with liquid. She’s drinking the red liquid from time to time.

                *there is really something weird at the name Jo YunHo. It’s like I have heard of it, or known him personally before. But the odd thing was that, no matter how I tried to think about it, I just can’t seem to figure this out. One part of me tells that I somewhat knew him but I don’t remember him at all* JaeNa thought.

                “A penny for your thoughts?” she heard KiBum’s voice from behind. She turned around to face him.

                “Oh… KiBum oppa…”

                “You seemed to be surprised to hear me spoke. Didn’t you notice I was walking towards you?”

                “No. I didn’t. I was kind of… uhm, distracted.”

                KiBum took a wine glass and walk straightly to the refrigerator. He opened the refrigerator and picked up a blood bag from the fridge. He transferred the blood to his glass and sat in front of JaeNa.

                “Funny… we’re both thirsty tonight,” he drank from the wine glass.

                “Do you know who is Jo YunHo, oppa?” JaeNa asked out-of-the-blue.

                “Huh?” KiBum was shocked to hear JaeNa’s question but kept his composure. “No. Who is he?”

                “Nothing. Never mind,” she stood up and put her wine glass in the sink and walked towards her room, leaving KiBum alone in the kitchen.

                *where did she learned YunHo’s name? Is my power losing its effect?* KiBum thought to himself.

                          ^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^

wooooooooohh…. ^^

blood! I love blood… ^^

hoho…

 

comment and subscribe... ^^