Chasing misfortune

Cupid of love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After his father’s will was brought to light by jungkook the lawyer, kyungsoo and namjoo along with ryujun and granny stepped into a big mansion . As soon as the door opened they saw few people standing before them. An old man asked jungkook “Is he the one you were talking about?”. Jungkook replied “Yes, sir”. He placed his hand on kyungsoo’s shoulder “The only son of lee kwangsoo and legal heir of this property” he added. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes as he heard his reply. The old man hugged him “I can’t believe i am meeting my nephew” he said. He broke the hug and said holding kyungsoo’s shoulders simultaneously tearing up “Kyungsoo….It is me your uncle suk jin”. Kyungsoo gently brushed his hands off “My name is D.O…..just D.O” he declared. The old man chuckled “Of course, if you want us to call that, it is fine….please come in” he invited. Everyone settled on the couch in the living room. Namjoo’s jaw dropped looking at the place “Oh my god….D.O got a lottery.....i am kind of worried now….he is a real prince and me……I don’t even match him…..suddenly i feel like we are far away….is it a right decision to come here?” she thought to herself but was disturbed when his uncle introduced his family “This is my wife ji hyo and my son jimin”. He asked Kyungsoo “Who is this beautiful girl?” pointing at namjoo. Kyungsoo placed his hand around her shoulders “She is namjoo my wife” he introduced. Namjoo turned pink glancing at his hand and shyly greeted them. He took ryujun in his arms and said “This is our son ryujun”. Namjoo introduced granny “She is my granny” she said while granny greeted others. All the introductions were done.

His uncle said after preparing rooms for them “Your rooms are ready. You can take rest. My son will guide you”. They got up. He called his son “Jimin?” he raised his voice when he wasn’t listening. Jimin kept staring at namjoo. She felt uncomfortable and also kyungsoo felt weird. Jimin snapped as soon as he heard his father “Yeah, dad” he said. The old man glared “Guide them to their rooms” he said gritting his teeth. He gulped, agreed and took them. He showed granny’s room first. Kyungsoo assured her “We will be right here”. “Call us if you need any help okay granny?” namjoo said hugging her. Granny was chilled “Relax kids, I am going to fully enjoy in this mansion” she said. Both chuckled at her cool attitude and left with jimin. He guided them to their room.  Kyungsoo said “Thank you” unwillingly as soon as they reached their door. He kind of didn’t like him. Jimin smiled “Hey, its okay. We are brothers after all” he said. He stretched his hand to kyungsoo for a handshake. Kyungsoo shook his hand when namjoo nudged him. Jimin smiled at namjoo “Hi…I am jimin” he said moving closer with an intention to hug her. Namjoo widened her eyes and jolted back while kyungsoo pushed him lightly standing in between “Don’t even think of touching her” he said glaring at him. Namjoo held kyungsoo’s shirt tightly. Jimin chuckled “Relax..i was just saying hi….i will get going now” he said and rushed.

Kyungsoo clenched his fists watching him. He turned around grabbed namjoo’s hand and stormed into the room. He closed the door and placed ryujun in the crib they arranged. Namjoo stood confused at the earlier incident. Kyungsoo pulled her into his embrace “Don’t worry i won’t let him lay a finger on you” he convinced. She smiled at his words “I know” she said hugging him back. They broke the hug and glanced at each other shyly. Both were conscious of each other now. Somehow both were unsure of whats going to happen next in this house but they were happy they are together in this. Namjoo broke the silence “Now what?” she asked. Kyungsoo was puzzled too “I don’t know” he said taking a seat on the bed. Namjoo took a seat beside him resting her head on his shoulder. He smiled shyly and her hair. She gulped thinking what was she doing and moved back instantly “S..sorry” she said. He nodded “N..No problem”. Namjoo’s eyes landed on the window. She ran towards it as she felt a shadow near it and peeked but nobody was there. She felt it creepy. Kyungsoo stood behind her making her jump in surprise “What happened?” he asked. She placed her hand on her heart “You scared me idiot” she said hitting him. He caught her hand with an intention to stop her “How can you hit me?” he asked and both started arguing. Namjoo stopped when she the shadow again. She felt as if something isn’t right.

They were disturbed with a knock on the door. Namjoo opened the door and saw jungkook. She invited him inside. Jungkook handed kyungsoo the legal papers “I have done my work Kyungsoo….sorry D.O… Now everything is yours from this house to the company”. Kyungsoo sighed “I am here just because you helped us when we were in need but I can’t handle these things. I mean i don’t even know how to. On that we are still in college” he stated. Jungkook agreed “I know…your father, he arranged everything for you. You will not have any problem trust me” he explained. Kyungsoo mumbled “He is not my father”. He took the papers unwillingly. Jungkook took ryujun in his arms “Your son is really cute” he said glancing at namjoo. She smiled but was worried watching kyungsoo’s troubled expression. Jungkook gave her the baby and bid farewell but stopped near the door “Sir, maam….please remember what it looks is not always true….i can only say, you need to be careful” he said and left. Namjoo wanted to ask him what he meant but he was gone. Kyungsoo sat on the bedside thinking deeply of what he meant earlier and how he is going to do all this. She went and patted his head. He smiled simultaneously taking her hand in his. Namjoo froze upon his action. Both blushed, glancing at each other shyly.

Meanwhile, suk Jin, ji hyo were in the room. He gritted his teeth “So, the so called nephew of mine started living in this house huh? I can’t believe he appeared out of nowhere and took this entire property. The number of years i have spent to become the sole heir has gone to waste”. Ji hyo patted his shoulder “Calm down dear, you know very well that only jimin will be the sole heir of this property and that so called kyungsoo will not able to enjoy a single penny”. He enraged “You don’t understand. He already got a kid. You know what that means….he is the next heir of this property…Ah i am pissed now. I was happy thinking that brother has got no children of his own but this kyungsoo came out of nowhere”. He said glancing at the photograph of the deceased

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter