Together

Cupid of love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoo’s next mission was to bring Kyungsoo closer to the baby. He still has that sadness and anger in his eyes. Namjoo decided not to ask him the reason instead tried to bring them closer. Both started sharing the money for the households and for the baby. It was enough for them. They would take him to college and would take turns for the part time jobs. If one was working, other would take care of the baby. Namjoo was taken aback when the granny and her classmates asked why Kyungsoo doesn’t hold the baby on his own. She made an excuse that he is scared of holding small kids. This time she decided to bring them closer to avoid such suspicions.

It was Sunday and both didn’t have any jobs. Kyungsoo laid on the couch resting lazily. He was happy that he got a day off and wanted to spend time just by relaxing. Namjoo came from the kitchen “DO, get up. Breakfast is ready”. He rushed to the table as soon as he heard that and started eating “Namjoo, it is really good. Come on, join me” he said shoving in his mouth. She giggled “Eat slowly. How many times should i tell you?” she said shaking her head.

She joined him at the table and started eating. Kyungsoo was done with the breakfast. Namjoo saw the time and smirked knowing that it is time to feed the baby. She heard the baby crying and said pouting “I just started eating. What should i do?”. She was getting up sighing but he stopped her “You eat, I will see”. She said “No, he is hungry. It is time to feed him. I will do it” and pretended to stand up. He stopped her “You continue, I will do it” he said and went near the baby.

Namjoo could see him scratching his head and looking at the baby puzzled. He slowly kneeled down and waved his hand “What should i do?” he said. He started clapping “Look here” but the baby kept crying “I guess you are hungry huh but your mom is having breakfast” he said pouting. Namjoo was shocked upon hearing ‘mom’. She blushed thinking “D.O, what are you saying?”. He watched the baby stretching his hands to hold him up “Dad, can’t pick you up…you know…I don’t know how to” he said. Namjoo blushed again when he called himself ‘dad’. She was happy that the baby is now an important part of his life.

Kyungsoo slowly picked him up and the baby stopped crying. He held the baby far and said “Namjoo, look ryu stopped crying”. She giggled “Good work, dad” she said giving a thumbs up. His cheeks turned crimson “Dad!” he mumbled. He asked when the baby started crying again “what should I do?”. She got up and gave him a bottle of milk “Feed him”. Kyungsoo said “You are done aren’t you? You do it”. She pleaded him “D.O, please do it…I have to do the laundry, please” she said. He gave in as she was doing his work too “Fine but show me how to do it” he said. She showed him and left.

Kyungsoo was feeding ryujun carefully, the baby pressed the bottle and the milk spilled on kyungsoo’s face. Namjoo came back at the right time and laughed at him “Why are you feeding your face instead of lulu? Ahha” she said within her laughs. He frowned and placed ryujun aside “Wait, you .How dare you laugh at me?” he said running after her but namjoo ran away sticking her tongue out. Both were running in the house chasing each other. This has become their favourite game. Ryujun threw his milk on the floor, at the same time Kyungsoo caught namjoo but because of the milk they slipped and fell on the couch with him in top of her.

Namjoo gulped as his face was closer “Get up” she ordered him. He smirked and leaned closer asking “Why?”. She bit her lip but said “Just get up” still pretending to be mad. He asked “You were laughing at me?”. She giggled watching his face still covered in milk. He smirked when he got an idea. He brushed his cheek with hers with an intention to cover her face with the milk. Namjoo widened her eyes and held her breath. He wriggled his eyebrows “Now your face is covered in milk too” he said giggling. He saw that a blush crept on her cheeks and gulped staring intensely. Both stared at each other without blinking. It was just like namjoo's imaginary or made up story of how they fell in love.

Both were disturbed with a knock on the door. He got up embarrassed and scratched his neck “S..sorry. I will get it” he said and rushed to the door. Namjoo took a long breath as she almost forgot to breathe. Kyungsoo opened the door and expected the unexpected. Their friends, bogum, hyeri, sungjae and joy were at the door. He smiled nervously and called namjoo “Baby, look who came” he shouted. Namjoo was puzzled “Baby? What is this ert saying?” she thought and went to the door. She gulped looking at their friends standing at the door step. Namjoo poked Kyungsoo who was stiff “What are you doing D.O?” she said showing her teeth. She smiled “Come in guys” she invited them. Their friends came inside and saw ryujun playing with his toys, sitting on the floor. They rushed to his side and started playing with him.

Kyungsoo nudged namjoo to ask them the purpose of their coming. She nudged him back saying you ask him. He sighed and cleared his throat “Guys, how come you are here?” he asked them. Sungjae said hitting his head as he forgot about the reason they came here “D.O, Namjoo, we are here to take you on a date”. They both gulped looking at each other. Namjoo questioned “Date?”. Hyeri answered “Yeah, why not enjoy ourselves”. Joy agreed “Yeah, we can spend some time together”. Both gulped at what their friends were saying. They can’t go out taking ryujun as it might be dangerous. Kyungsoo said disagreeing “We have ryu with us. How can we go on a date?”. Namjoo agreed “Yeah, it will be really troublesome”. Joy convinced “We will help you, don’t worry”. Bogum added “You both are young. You need to enjoy yourselves too”. Kyungsoo and namjoo looked at each other indecisively.

Hyeri and joy held namjoo watching them. Joy said holding her arm “This is a gift from us as an apology for not believing you both few days ago. Please accept it”. Namjoo refused but they were stubborn too. Namjoo glanced at Kyungsoo asking him for help. He nodded saying they don’t have a choice. He was sad as his plan of relaxing didn’t work out. Bogum asked him “Which one is your room man. We will pack the clothes for you as we are going to swim”. Kyungsoo widened his eyes “No need”. If they go to the room they might discover the truth that they live in different rooms hence the ques

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter