Hide and seek

Cupid of love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Reality is always different from our expectations. Namjoo was going through the same. Though she decided to keep the baby, she forgot about her college and part time jobs. She was troubled thinking about going to college and leaving the baby alone. It was quite dangerous to leave him alone and also she couldn’t leave him in a daycare. Well, she doesn’t have those colored papers called money. After constant discussion in her mind she decided to take the baby along with her to the college but made sure to hide him from others eyes.

Kyungsoo was getting ready for college. He saw namjoo preparing the lunch in the kitchen. She wanted to save money for the baby so decided to avoid eating out. He turned his head and saw the baby playing in his cradle in the living room. He sat on the couch which was near the cradle pretending to read the newspaper but was slowly stealing glances at the baby. Namjoo watched him from the kitchen. He saw her looking at him and covered his face with the newspaper. Namjoo giggled.

She prepared milk bottles, diapers and other things ready for the baby. She felt relieved as everything was done within the time period. Kyungsoo asked looking at the big bag “Going somewhere?”. Namjoo shook her head “That is for baby, in case he gets hungry when he is out” she blurted out. She cursed internally after realizing. Kyungsoo asked looking straight with piercing eyes “Where are you leaving him?”.  She quickly felt relieved as he wasn’t suspicious “At a daycare” she said. He said uninterested “Well, i don’t care what you do with him”. Namjoo gritted her teeth “Why did you ask if you are so uninterested?” she said frowning. Kyungsoo threw his newspaper aside “I can’t even ask. I was just curious. Are you seriously leaving him at a daycare after knowing his life is in danger?”. Namjoo was mad “You are the one who said you don’t want to associate with him then why do you care?” she said. He stamped his foot “Fine, do whatever you want” and started leaving.

Namjoo stopped him “Wait, why are you running away?” she said. Kyungsoo turned around “Then what am i supposed to do? Fight with you?” he said glaring at her. She clenched her fist thinking ‘This guy’. She caught something in her hand and rushed towards him. She placed a box in his hand “Take it”. He asked frowning “What is this?”. She shouted “Can’t you see it is a lunch box and there is also breakfast in there”. Kyungsoo was surprised. He asked calming himself down “For me? But why? I am fine really”. She said “If you are fine then why were you groaning in pain yesterday night. Stop eating that stuff at the cafeteria and eat these healthy meals”. He grinned sheepishly “Thank you for caring about me”.

She smiled thinking “My plan is working; now he will help me with the baby” though she was really worried for him yesterday night. He smirked “Thank you but if you are thinking this is a bribe for taking care of the baby then you are mistaken, I am not helping you what so ever” he said and started leaving. Namjoo pulled her hair in frustration “This guy is so smart. How did he figure it out?” she thought.  Kyungsoo was smiling widely looking at the lunch box. She ran to him “D.O, come on you can help a little”. Kyungsoo glared “Sorry namjoo, no means no”. Namjoo argued “Why?”. He sighed “Because i don’t like that baby” he said angrily. Namjoo frowned “why do you always say that?”. They started fighting when the granny showed up at the door step. Both stopped silently looking at each other. Namjoo asked sweetly “Yes, granny?”. She asked worried “Were you fighting?”. Kyungsoo shook his head “This…”. Namjoo closed his mouth and said to the old lady blushing “He is asking for a kiss but i was embarrassed and said no”. His jaw dropped “Liar” he thought.

Granny giggled “Why don’t you give him?” she winked at her. She handed them some fruits and said “This is from our garden. Eat well okay? Bye” .She was leaving when Kyungsoo got an idea. He removed namjoo’s hand from his mouth and said “Granny, why don’t you stay here as she isn’t going to kiss me if you leave” he smirked at namjoo. Her eyes widened. She hit him hard, showing her teeth “What are you saying? I will give you later”. Kyungsoo groaned in pain. Granny said “Actually why don’t you do it now”. Namjoo gulped thinking “No way..i don’t want to”. Granny observed her and said “You are husband and wife, you can do it openly”. He grinned from ear to ear “Come on namjoo” he said wriggling his eyebrows.  Namjoo cursed internally “D.O, I will not leave you” she scowled but fake smiled at granny.

She was praying internally so that she need not kiss him, her prayer was answered the baby cried at the right time and namjoo left like a bolt of lightning shouting “Baby is crying”. Kyungsoo had a small pout on his fac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter