Suho - Q & A

Green Nocturne

This also can serve as a short sequel for an oneshot I made, A Shallow Serendipity, but this is probably just a shameless promo :3

-

“I heard they spent a night at Songdo. Crazy, at their first date? She’s not ordinary.”

“I know she’s the blatant type, but I never imagined she’d be after Junmyeon.”

“That also changed my view on Junmyeon, how can he be seduced easily like that?”

Three voices? Amazing. I sit above the closed toilet lid inside the shut cubicle, and fold my arms in front of my chest. If three voices could be talking this loud in the secluded, silent restroom, then I can only imagine what the others do.

“A junior I know said that Nara girl started going after Junmyeon on the committee farewell dinner.”

“Oh, for the annual fair? Ha, she must think it’d be easy since there were so few seniors there.”

“Yeah, the only other girl was Kim Hyojung, her best friend. That girl is said to have a history with men, too.”

Wow, hold up. Now they’re talking about Hyojung too? I plan to stay still until they get out, but I think exposing myself will give an effect right now.

I dramatically open the door, and the three girls I recognize from Junmyeon’s class freeze as they see my reflection on the mirror they’re staring at. One even smudges the lipstick she’s fixing, and I slowly walk to the sink. I silently wash my hands, and I intend to also walk out leisurely but one of them grabs the other two, and they exit the restroom in a hurry.

I take a peek at the door, and the three girls see something outside that makes them stop for a millisecond, then they continue running away. A head peeks inside, and Junmyeon gives me a thin smile.

I dry my hands, and approach him. “I also heard what they said.” he informs me shortly. I try not to exhale audibly.

“It was the first time I heard it with my own ears.”

We stop on the corridor connecting the restroom and the main hall, facing each other.

“Are you shocked?” Junmyeon asks.

“No.”

“Your face says otherwise, but I wouldn’t believe it since you managed to shoo away three girls without any word.”

I force a smile. “This won’t last long. I’m just a bit surprised.”

I look up to see Junmyeon’s face, and he looks worried. “You don’t seem like yourself.”

“Why do you like me?”

Junmyeon’s lips part a bit, looking taken aback. He shuts them again, and let out a long breath. “Because you smeared mud on my face.”

I blink and break into a big smile as I look down to the floor.

“And after that, your face makes me want to go to school every day just to see.”

Now my lips curl, unsure on what to do. I spy Junmyeon’s legs walking towards me, and he pulls my body into his embrace.

No words are needed. It’s been two months, and even though I mostly do all the talking in our relationship, when the hug happens, I can’t hear nor say any sound.

“We always communicate through hugs, don’t we?” I slowly whisper on his chest.

“Ah, then I need to revise my answer. Because you hugged me first that time.”

I grin, and everything just becomes warm and fuzzy now. “Right.  I knew it.”

“Huh?”

I just laugh, and relish the smell of his shirt. Nothing is more comfortable than this.