Kai - Good Night Like Yesterday

Green Nocturne

               My eyes feel so heavy. They hurt, too.

               I fully open them, and sense my surroundings. Bed. Blanket. But I'm leaning on something that makes my upper body lifted a bit.

               I'm leaning on somebody.

               Strangely, even though the warmth is exactly like a person's, it feels so cottony and airy like a mattress.

               I try to wake myself up completely, and set my vision. Right, it's somebody's chest. A man. He's wearing button-up shirt that looks grey in this darkness.

               I look up, and see someone's chin. Then half of his face. A very familiar face. He's sleeping.

               My mouth opens a bit, trying to let out questions. Why are you here? Is it okay for you to be here? How? When?

               I bend my knees and the movement wakes him up. He takes some time to get fully awake and looks down at me. He smiles, and embraces the other side of my body with his hand.

               "Hi."

               "Jongin." my voice is hoarse, and somehow my breath isn’t sufficient to talk, it’s so hard to even say his name. I'm going to ask him questions I prepared, but my throat feels clogged. “Too—soft—your body—why—“

               "Sleep." he softly says. "Sleep tight."

               He closes his eyes again, and I'm also compelled to do the same. His body still feels strange to me, and once my sight goes dark, it feels like I'm floating.

               Then it happens—the falling sensation.

               The surprised feeling opens my eyes again at once—maybe not 'again'.

               I'm lying on my back, and my senses get back at me quickly. I feel my tough pillow behind my head, and the blanket which only covers my legs.

               I'm alone on this bed.

               I move my hand a bit, and the coldness stings my skin.

               My chest is feeling stuffy, and I cover my face with my hand. I close my eyes, and I feel like crying.

               I put down my hand to my chest and try to tap away the discomfort. Not working.

               I don't know if it was a good dream or a nightmare.

               I don't know if I would want to have that again or not.

               I might hope for the first one, because that's the only way I could meet him again.