D.O - Clear Day, Cloudy Day

Green Nocturne

                "Coming!" I shout cheerily at the door. Finally, this is what I've been waiting for—

                "Hi."

                The ends of my lips go down again, and my shoulders drop. This man with dark eyes and aura is not who I'm running to the door for. The urge to close the door back is tempting, but I sigh first. "What do you want?"

                "Taking refuge." Do Kyungsoo lightly passes by me and enters my house. I roll my eyes, and close the door.

                "What now?"

                Kyungsoo just smiles vaguely, and sits on the sofa. "Seems like you were waiting for someone, who would it be?"

                I haven't even reached the living room when the bell rings again. "This might be it." I reply.

                I can feel Kyungsoo looking at the scene of me and the delivery man finishing the transaction, and he gets up to help me take the food to the table. A bit of water drops from the plastic bag, since outside is raining and it might be splashed by water on the way here.

                “I wonder if the delivery man can see clearly on this weather.” I mutter.

                “You’re worrying about a stranger, but you look ready to kick me out any moment.”

                I exhale audibly. “Seriously, what’s the matter now?”

                Kyungsoo raises his eyebrows looking at the food, clearly ignoring my question. “Wow, you ordered all of this for one person?”

                I click my tongue. “I just can’t understand how someone so quiet and composed like you could fight with your parents so often.” I take a pack of kimchi from his hand. “And yes, I ordered all of this for myself, I can just store it in the fridge. But now since you’re here…”

                I take two plates from the kitchen, and separate the noodles I ordered into two portions. We relocate to the dining table, and sit facing each other.

                “Thank you for the food.” Kyungsoo says happily. “I’ll pay you later.”

                “Forget it.” I stand up again to boil some water for tea.

                “I’ll buy you something instead. How about shaved ice?”

                “You bought it the last time you escaped here.”

                “Ah.”

                We eat quietly, and the rain outside gets bigger. I glance at the window, and stare at the table. “You know, most of the time, you come here when it’s raining.”

                “Really?” Kyungsoo looks up to me with his big eyes. “I wonder.”

                “I can’t say anything about your family problems, but you should stop making me curious.” I start the serious talk. “I’ve known your parents just as long as we know each other. Do they know you run here after fighting with them?”

                “No, and that is why your house is the safest spot.” Kyungsoo answers. “They still think your parents haven’t gone abroad, and that I can’t go here because of that.”

                The sound of rain and water simmering in the pot combine to decorate the room, and we both almost finish eating.

                “Hey.” Kyungsoo breaks the silence. “Should I just live here?”

                We look at each other for a few seconds, and I form a smile. “Do you want me to kick you out to the rain, or pour the hot water over your head? Or both?”

                Kyungsoo displays his heart-shaped smile, and fades it in one second. “Either, Your Highness.”

                 I go to the kitchen to stack up our dirty dishes, and Kyungsoo follows. At one point I turn around, and tremble. Kyungsoo is right behind me, and my eye level is right on his lips. “Oh God. Move aside.”

                Due to the narrow space between the washing bin and table we’re standing on, Kyungsoo finds difficulties to step away. While the struggle occurs, I keep looking down to the floor, feeling somewhat awkward. I finally succeed to free myself, and emptily look at the living room.

                “There’s just one more person here, but the house feels much more crowded.” I mumble.

                “Why do you sound nervous?” Kyungsoo asks innocently. I turn to see him, and he has this mischievous smile on his face. I look around to find something to throw, and Kyungsoo runs away to the bathroom.

                The problem is… He’s right… I am nervous.