Xiumin - Lean On Me

Green Nocturne

     I think it's more like a drabble. Or not? Short story? Short-short story? Shorter than oneshot... Anyway. It was only two pages long. It will look even shorter here.
    This is for you, all the tired, confused, exhausted, exasperated people, who need a bit of consolation.
    Why Xiumin? It's probably because he gives off a happy vibe... Not like the whole EXO isn't, but I just thought it'd be nice to see his face every day, every night, every time. #husbandmaterial

 

    It’s almost midnight. I can feel the littlest sore feelings on my feet in their shoes, and I scrunch my nose. It’s not unusual, but it’s particularly annoying today.

     I remember again what happened at work today, and anger is lit inside of me again. That anger soon fires up to my eyes, and they feel hot now. I take a deep breath, and close my eyes tightly. No. You can’t cry.

     I arrive in front the entrance of my apartment building, with its brimmed light. Anyone didn’t even bother to change the lamp? Amazing. Everything is aggravating for me now, and I just want to sleep. I wish I could skip work tomorrow.

     I walk to the stairs, and stop. Now I need to walk to the fourth floor. No elevator. I played it cool when I first moved here, thinking that going by the stairs would be an exercise.

     Every step is heavy, and painful. I’ve gone to the second floor. Third floor. One more flight of stairs, and I can wash up and sleep.

     I keep staring at the staircase as I step up, and I spot a pair of legs in front of my door. My heart races, and I slowly lift my head. A familiar figure appears before my eyes, half his body is lit by the moonlight. Within this darkness, I can still see his cat-like eyes and smile clearly. “Hey.”

     I say nothing, and continue walking up the stairs. I arrive at the fourth floor completely, eyes locked to the person in front of me. “Minseok?”

     Minseok is still smiling, and he stretches out his arms. I slowly drop my bag to the floor, and move forward, to his embrace. He secures me in a tight hug, and I can feel his chin on the top of my head. “It’s okay. I’m here.”

     Those short words make the weight I was bearing suddenly leap out somewhere, and I close my eyes as I press my face to his chest. I could fall asleep on this rate. I don’t want to open my eyes from this current darkness and his warm hand patting my back.

     Minseok kisses my hair, and carefully breaks the hug, but still sticking himself to me. “Let’s go in.”

     I turn on the lights in my unit as Minseok takes off his shoes at the entrance, and I turn around to see him once I finish. “You came all the way here… You have to work too tomorrow.”

     Minseok walks to the living room, and gives me a smile. “Shush. Go wash up and change into your pajamas. I’ll make you something.”

     I stay in my spot, and furrow my brows worriedly. Minseok shakes his head, walks to me and grabs my shoulders to drag me to the door of my room.

     “Go.”

     I smile, probably the first smile I have in my face all day long. I nod, and enter my room.

     I finished showering and getting changed, and I walk out from my room to find Minseok already sitting in front of my tiny, two-people dining table. He makes two cups of hot chocolate, in our couple mugs. His mug is kept here, in case he visits. Like today.

     “Are you going to stay the night?” I ask slowly. Minseok meets my eyes as he sips his drink.

     “Should I?” he asks back, and ends it with a smile. I laugh through my nose, and finish my drink.

     Minseok follows me to my bedroom, and he pulls a chair to the bedside. I sit on my bed, in front of him. “You can just go home. I’m going to feel bad if you don’t get to rest.”

     He caresses my head, and grins. “I won’t go anywhere until you fall asleep.”

     I sigh. I lie down, and Minseok pulls the blanket to cover me. I face his direction, and Minseok pats my upper arm softly, repeatedly.

     “I didn’t know you were even coming here. I was happy just by calling you this evening.”

     “Looking at your face, you deserve more than that.” Minseok’s other hand reaches for mine. “Now sleep.”

     His touch warms me, and my eyes get heavier. In no time, I’ve delved into the dreamland.

 

     The sound of birds chirping outside wakes me up, and I stare at the ceiling for a long time after I open my eyes. Minseok is gone. I roll around in my bed, hating the idea of work but Minseok’s visit last night still brings joy to my mind.

     I grab my phone near the pillow, and open the newest message. It’s from Minseok.

 

Don’t worry. I’m just going outside for awhile to buy us breakfast.

 

     Smile instantly blooms on my face, and I put my phone against my chest.

 

-

 

Inspired by a scene in Soyou & Kwon Jungyeol’s Lean On Me.

 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic