Chapter 7

Love Will Find A Way

Irene caressed her 4 months baby bump with a smile and constantly talked to her baby as if the unborn child could understand her everything. She giggled while questioning and answering everything by her own. She knew, even if she tried to talk to Minho who was now driving next to her, he barely responded her anything.

"OB said that we are both healthy." Irene said to him for the first time since they left the clinic and Minho just hummed in reply. She added. "So Minho, what should we name our baby"?

Still concentrating on the road, Minho replied, "I don't have any idea. We haven't known about the gender yet."

"It's not that you can't think of a name but it's because you don't care about us enough to make you think of one." Irene scoffed, feeling anger rose in her chest. Pregnant women easily get mad and she was no exception.

"What are you talking about?" Minho said. "We still have a long way to go Irene, there are lot of times for us to find a suitable name for the baby."

Irene crossed her arm and sulked. "Whatever!"

Minho sighed and decided to ignore her tantrum. "Where do you want to eat now?"

"Where do I want to eat?!" Irene exclaimed in anger.

Minho had no idea what did he say wrong. Her random outburst really made him annoyed at some point. "Yes where do you want to eat? Tell me and I'll follow you because the baby, you and I need to eat to live, don't we?"

Irene glared at him. "I thought we agreed to your mother that we are gonna have lunch at her place! God! I can't believe you forgot the promise you just made this morning!"

That struck Minho as he suddenly remembered. But still there was no necessary to get mad at him. She could correct him with just simple word. However Minho could do this much as he will not talk back just to only create more quarrel. He just sighed in defeat.

"Alright I'm sorry. I forgot."

"You should be!" Irene said. Her face brightened a little as she talked to her baby again. "Baby, are you happy? We are going to your grandma's place to talk about umma and appa's wedding."

Minho almost hit a car in front of him. He was shocked upon hearing that. What? His wedding? He stopped the car to the side road. "What did you say?"

Irene refused to look at Minho. Her eyes focused on the forward as her hands caressed her stomach. "Your mother told me yesterday that she had found a suitable date for our marriage. It will take place by the end of this month."

By the end of this month! So it mean there were just 2 weeks away from it? Minho couldn't believe it and he was really lost of word. However more than anything else he was so mad that no one bother to tell him anything regarding to his own future.

"Don't you ever think to run away from your responsibility." Irene said and this time she looked at Minho in the eyes. "So Minho whether you like it or not, we are going to get married in two weeks. Maybe you don't want it but my stomach can't wait."

At this very moment Minho felt his body shook as his hands clenched. He just couldn't imagine his future without the existence of the only woman he truly loved. His mind occupied with his ex-wife's face and his heart broke into piece all over again. How to stop the pain he feel? And how to take all the pain he had caused her?

 

*****

 

"Don't tell her."

"Mwo? You know you can't hide your marriage from her hyung. This is not helping her anything. If you want her to move on, then you have to--"

"That's not I don't want Taemin!" Minho cut Taemin off, the only friend he could rely on to let everything out off his chest. "I don't want her to move on. I know I'm being selfish but how could my heart still beat knowing that she stops loving me?!" Minho knew he might look pathetic in front of Taemin but he didn't care. He messed up his precious marriage and nothing seemed to matter to him anymore. But at least he was grateful enough that Taemin was always there for him.

Taemin sighed. "You're just hurting yourself hyung."

Minho smiled bitterly. "I know."

 

*****

 

Minho found his mother by the sofa, waiting for him. She called him up earlier telling that she wanted to meet him. At this rate, seeing his mother was really the last thing he wanted to do but as her son, what could he do?

"What do you want to talk to me umma?" Asked Minho, taking a seat a cross .

"You look like you've aged for 10 years Minho. What have you done to yourself to look this trash?" Mrs. Choi said as she observed her son in dissapointment.

Minho resisted the urge to roll his eyes. He was in a mess enough and he didn't need any nagging. "If this is all what you want to talk about, then I'm out umma." He was about to leave when his mother said something trigger him in the gut.

"That woman... Oh I mean your ex-wife." Mrs. Choi said and Minho carefully looked at his mother. "She didn't think that she still has her way with you, right? She's that shameless I suppose."

"Mwo?!" Minho clenched his hands. Not this again, the way his mother dissed on the woman he loved.

"You are too naive son." Mrs. Choi said. At that moment she saw Sulli coming from the behind of Minho. Her plan was almost half done as she wanted Sulli to walk into them. She continued, "I will tell you this Minho and I thought I wanted to keep it to myself though but seeing you at this state, I have to talk to wake you up."

Minho growned. "You think I will stay to listen to whatever you want to talk? Ani umma, I rather leave."

"You know the guy name Chanyeol?" Mrs. Choi said and that stopped Minho again. "I'm talking about your ex-wife's relationship with him. Don't ever play dumb with your conscience Minho, that guy likes her and they had been friends since forever---"

"Stop!" Minho warned his mother and he was completely obvious of Sulli was just behind him, listening.

"Your heart is just too soft. Two years ago, have you never suspected at all about her miscarriage? It didn't happen for no reason son."

"Umma!!!" Minho shouted this time.

"See? I know you knew something seemed wrong when all of sudden she lost the baby. No husband is dumb when his wife was playing dirty on him." Mrs. Choi saw the utter shock on Sulli's face and she smiled in triumph. "I'm now just glad the baby was gone and even glad you divorce the woman like her."

Sulli dropped her bag and only then Minho realized someone was listening to them. He turned around to meet the confused, hurt eyes of Sulli. She was staring at him in a way of unexplainable. Minho shook his head slowly, trying to tell her that it wasn't true. He never thought of something as stupid as that. He knew Sulli never cheated on him.

"Sulli I---"

A single tear slid down her cheek. Now she realized, there was no turning back between them anymore. They were done and if this mean they will be completely over, then she had to go with the flow.

"Yes she is right." Sulli said, clenching hands.

Minho just stood there. He was suddenly confused to what Sulli was trying to say.

"I... I... " Sulli took a deep breath. "I cheated on you two years ago Minho."

 

 

Flashback

 

Minho pulled Sulli closer to him until his nose brushed hers and Sulli comfortably wrapped his arms around his wasit. Within a smile, she took the move and raised her chin until their lips connected. Minho gladly accepted as he started slowly for a few light touch before he began like he had been craving for years.

Sulli did not lose to Minho as she opened , allowing her tongue to seek for Minho's entrance which pleasantly caught him by surprise a little but he still gave in to her dominance without complain.

A few moments later they broke away just to caugh some air. Minho pressed their foreheads together, catching breath and Sulli was closing her eyes as she was too shy to look at Minho.

"Wow! How did you learn to kiss like this?" Minho asked with a chuckle. He tucked some strand of her hair behind her ears and she opened her eyes.

Sulli was blushing but she felt like to beloved boyfriend. "Perhaps from Chanyeol..."

Minho quickly scowled and he looked at her to see if she was serious although he knew she was just kidding. "Mwo? Park Chanyeol?!"

"Wae? Why do you hate my best friend?" Sulli asked. Now since Chanyeol was mentioned, she wanted to know why Minho didn't seem to like him at all. They met for a few times and just by what she observed, both didn't appear to like each other that much.

Minho rolled his eyes. "I don't hate him. I just don't like him." He said, still his brows closed in. "I just don't like how he is so close to you."

Sulli laughed. "Are you jealous of him?"

Minho glared. "Yes I am. Who would be alright to see their girlfriend being so close to the other guy? He seems to be a clingy type though." He mumbled the last sentence.

"But he's just my best friend oppa."

"Yes that's the problem. He made physical contact with you a lot for the excuse that he's your friend. I mean…don't you think you guys use too much skinship?" Minho explained and when he saw Sulli frowned, he pulled her closer again and poked her nose. "Ya! Just by looking at you right now, you would never know if he liked you more than friend."

Sulli laughed again. "Mwoya oppa! Don't be absurd. He won't like me the way you think because his crush is Irene unnie."

Minho paused. "Really? He likes Irene?"

Sulli nodded. "Yes he told me by himself." By then she was no longer smiling and she took a deep breath. "Oppa?"

Minho hummed and he knew right away what did Sulli want to ask him.

"Have you talked to unnie?" Sulli asked.

Minho shook his head. "I just don't know where to start. I mean I feel so weird. I just can't look at her the same way again. Not to mention talking to her."

Sulli frowned. "Oppa, don't tell me you are avoiding her?"

Minho sighed. "Not really. But actually I don't know how to talk to her about us without hurting her."

Irene was his best friend for the longest of time. When Sulli told him that she loved him, Minho really couldn't apprehended it. He totally didn't believe it at all, it came to him so quickly by his girlfriend and he just didn't know how to handle the news. But as he was thinking it over, everything seemed to make sense. Irene might drop a lot of hints through years but he believed he was just too stupid in that case.

Minho hated himself then. If only he knew it, he would really make thing clear between them by drawing the distance and not causing her any misunderstanding. Of course he liked his friend and cared for her but it wasn't because of any other reason than the friendship. He never thought of Irene more than a close friend who understood him like a real sister. He just treated her like a family member and that's all.

"Oppa, should we tell her together? You and I reveal our relationship together to her." Sulli said.

Minho caressed her hair. Then he placed his palms on her both checks and leaned in to give her a peck. He smiled. "We should my love. But will you be okay to confront your unnie?"

Sulli hugged Minho. She actually just tried to hide her nervous smile. "Yes oppa. I will be alright because I have you, don't I? And I'm tired of our secret relationship anyway. Let the world knows that we are dating oppa."

Minho smiled, hugging her tighter and rubbing her back. "Yes sweetheart, it's time to let the world knows."

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

Sulli and Minho were surprised by the loud yell. They broke apart and Sulli gasped.

"Unnie!"

It was Irene. Minho saw the anger flashed in her eyes. They had been caught. But before he could say anything, Sulli approached Irene before him in attemp of explain and he was too late to reach them on time when he saw Irene rasied her hand. She gave Sulli a slap.

"Bae Irene!" Minho shouted and immediately he stood in between the two girls, facing his best friend while hiding his girlfriend behind him. "What do you think you are doing Irene?!"

Irene stared at Minho in disbelief. Tear pooled in her eyes. "I can't believe you are doing this to me Minho! I can't believe it!"

Sulli grabbed Irene's hand. "Unnie I can explain---"

"Oh shut up Choi Sulli!" Irene harshly pushed Sulli's hand away and she glared at Sulli. "I thought you were like my sister but look at what have you done behind my back!"

"Irene listen okay?!" Minho cut in but then he felt horrible to see his best friend crying. Irene was always a strong girl and she hardly cried or even let him see her fragility. But today she cried because of him and that made him feel no less of a jerk. He managed to put his hands on her shoulders. "Irene actually---"

"You don't have to say anything Minho. Everything, I saw is clear enough." Irene said. She wasn't crying hysterically but her heart was slid into pieces and it hurt like hell. She felt so betrayed. She glared at Sulli and then to Minho. "I really hate you two!"

With that Irene left them and Sulli fell on the ground. Thing happened too fast and she felt like herself was the most horrible person on earth.

Minho was no less than Sulli. He wanted to beat himself up. He just hurt Irene, his very bestfriend. He hoped she would learn it by them telling her later but then she had to find out by herself.

"It's my fault." Sulli said.

Minho kneed down and he hugged his girlfriend. "No it's not."

Sulli shook her head in Minho's embrace. Tear finally ran down her check. "No oppa, it is. If only I wanted us to reveal our relationship earlier than this. Or if only I confess to her when she asked me if I'm dating. If only I just told her everything when she told me she's in love with you. It's all my fault oppa."

 

 

 

To be continued.....

 

Yeah finally I'm back with an update. I'm really sorry for the long await. How long have I gone? How are you guys doing? And how many of you are still with me?? Haha…. I hope I can update regularly too but I guess actual life doesn't allow me.

Hopefully you enjoyed this update though. I know it's sad right?! Well sorry guys. I'll try to update faster and make the sadness to go away faster too. Anyways thank you so much all my dearest readers.

Until the next update. Love all you guys <3