Chapter 6

Love Will Find A Way

 

Sulli opened her eyes, slowly adjusted to the light and the room she was currently staying.

"You're awake?" Chanyeol asked and Sulli turned to the side and saw him taking a sigh of relief. He stood up. "I'll get you a glass of water."

"Chanyeol…" Sulli held his hand to stop, Chanyeol looking down at her. "How long have I passed out?"

Chanyeol sighed. "You lost conscious. It's been five hours."

"That long." Sulli said and let Chanyeol's hand go. "I'm not thirsty. I think I'm better now and I want to go home."

Chanyeol ignored her. "I will buy something for you to eat. I bet since last night you didn't have anything."

"I'm not hungry."

"Just a sandwich then."

"No-"

"Until when you're doing this?!" Chanyeol shouted making Sulli startled. He knew it that he scared her but didn't she know that she just pushed him to the edge of patient? "Sulli, tell me, until when you stop hurting yourself and… me?" He lowered his voice by now but Sulli widened her eyes a bit.

"Chanyeol…" Sulli whispered.

"Why can't you try to move on and forget him? Why can't you set your heart free from pain he caused you? I know it will take a long time but at least you have to try…. at least make me feel it's worth to wait Sulli."

Chanyeol turned away. He didn't want to see whatever reaction Sulli was giving him. It would tear him inside.

Sulli was too speechless. She didn't expect to hear this from her best friend. She thought he just wanted to help her in healing process.

"Chanyeol… what are you saying?"

"I like you, no, I love you Sulli." Chanyeol said as he turned to face Sulli. Confusion and shock were written all over her pale face. "Don't give me that reaction Sulli. I thought everything I did are clear to you." He paused and smiled bitterly. "But I guess it's not."

"How? I mean… Isn't it Irene unnie?" Sulli asked, getting more even confused.

Chanyeol closed his eyes. "Thing wouldn't be that complicated around me if it was her." He opened his eyes. "But fate decided to play trick with me."

Chanyeol walked to the door.

"Where are you going?" Sulli asked.

"I'm going to get something for you to eat." Chanyeol said, his hand on the handle of the door as he gripped it. "I will be back a little later."

With that Chanyeol went out and Sulli stared at the door slid close.

Did she hear it right? Chanyeol just said that he loved her? No, she didn't want that to happen. She hurt Irene enough and she couldn't hurt Chanyeol. He shouldn't love her. He shouldn't love the woman who will never return what he deserved.

Sulli closed her eyes and tears rolled down.

 


 

 

 

Minho watched as Irene opened her eyes.

"What are you doing here?" Irene asked and she turned her face away. "I don't want to see your face. Go away and find your beloved ex-wife."

Minho sighed. "Don't be like this. It's not good for your condition and pregnancy."

Irene chuckled but it sounded sarcastic. "Don't act like you care because you don't." Tears threatened to fall and she bit her lip to control it. "My baby and I doesn't concern you anymore. That's what you want right? Then I will give you that."

Minho closed his eyes. Exhaustion suddenly took over him. "No Irene, you and the baby does concern me." He stood up. "If you don't want to see me for now, I will leave then. Rest well, I will be back later."

Irene closed her eyes as she heard Minho went out.

Why it was so hard? Why it was so hard to make him look at at her as a woman? She met him first and it should be her but Minho chose to love other woman while she was around all the while.

Irene heard the door slid open. "Why are you back?"

"Irene."

Irene quickly turned and saw Chanyeol by the door. She widened her eyes. Air seemed to caught in and she found it hard to breathe suddenly.

"Chanyeol? What are you doing here?"

Chanyeol walked closer to her bed and Irene found herself gripped the bedsheets hard.

"Are you alright?" Chanyeol asked.

Irene looked away. "Still alive."

"I was worried when I heard you hospitalize." Chanyeol took a deep breath. "You have to think of your baby and learn to control your emotion."

"It's my welfare and I don't need your concern." Irene said as she gave him a hard look. "I thought you keep your word to make Choi Sulli stay away from Minho. I trusted you wrong."

"What I promised you I will keep it no matter what." Chanyeol touched Irene's hand. "Don't worry. It's just a matter of time that Minho will be yours. So all you need to do is to take care of yourself and your baby."

Irene pulled her hand away and looked elsewhere. "You have to make sure Sulli will not return to Minho."

Chanyeol smiled. "I know. Even if you didn't tell, I will still won't let that happen."

"One more thing." Irene said as she gave Chanyeol a cold look. "Stop asking me to take care or whatsoever that concern me and my baby." She watched his face changing a bit in confusion. "You are no one Chanyeol and we aren't anything as far as I remember. So we better…. treat each other like strangers from now on."

 


 

That day later Sulli discharged from hospital. Chanyeol was with her. Sulli was quite awkward around him but Chanyeol was looking not bothered at all, he seemed to be himself like usual... Like he never just said he loved her earlier.

"I can walk my own Chanyeol." Sulli said as she gently released her arm from his hold. "I'm fine."

Chanyeol shoved his hands into his pants' pocket. "Alright." He watched her give him a reluctantly small smile before walking away. He knew Sulli wanted to avoid him.

"Sulli unnie!"

Sulli heard someone called her name and she saw Sohyun running straight toward her with a big smile on her face. She carelessly tripped and fell flat on the floor. Sulli immediately went to help the clumsy girl but someone helped her to stand up first.

"You are a lady now. Stop running like you are a kid."

Chanyeol stood still at his original place. His hand clenched to his side.

"I'm just happy to see Sulli unnie." Sohyun said and she turned away from her older brother and faced Sulli. "It's been awhile unnie. I've missed you a lot. How are you doing? When I asked Minho oppa to bring me to visit you, he always said you are busy, this and that." Sohyun pouted at Minho. "But I know it's just his excuse."

Sulli and Minho met eyes.

"You already discharge? Are you well now?" Minho asked in concern, ignoring his talkative sister.

"Wae? Unnie, are you sick?" Sohyun asked in surprise and she looked at Sulli worriedly.

"I'm fine Sohyun. Doctor gave me permission that I can go home." Sulli answered with a smile. It was good Sohyun was here, so she had a good reason to not look at Minho and just gave Sohyun all her attention. "Are you here to visit Irene unnie?"

Sohyun bit her lip. "If I knew you admitted in this hospital too, I would come earlier to visit you first unnie." She grabbed Sulli's hand. "Unnie can you wait for me a little? I will just say hi to Irene unnie and I'll come back to you. Let's have dinner together."

Sulli glanced at Minho. "Well Sohyun I think-"

"I really miss talking to you unnie. I will be quick so just wait here, okay?" Sohyun said and then she turned to Minho. "Oppa you accompany unnie until I come back, arraseo?"

And with that she quickly ran off. Minho looked at Sulli as he took a step toward her.

"Sulli-"

"Well I don't think it's proper when people seeing you and your ex-husband together while his soon to be family is hospitalized Sulli." Chanyeol said, his eyes darted to Minho and smirked. "What do you think people would say?"

Minho stared at Chanyeol as he clenched his hand. He wanted so bad to wipe off that smug look on his face with a punch or two.

"Oppa." Sulli called Minho. His gaze became gentle looking at her. She tried hardest to release a small smile. "As much as I want to catch up with her but I don't think it's a good idea. I mean… Irene unnie and your mother wouldn't like it. Please say sorry to Sohyun. Tell her to not worry, we will always have the next time. I will call her when I can make it."

Minho looked at Sulli. Pain suddenly spread inside of him when he knew Sulli was trying to push him away. She didn't want any connection between them anymore He sighed.

"Fine if that what you want. I will tell her."

"Thanks oppa." Sulli looked at Chanyeol and linked her arm around his. "We should go now Chanyeol."

But with only a step, she felt someone grabbed her arm to stop and she knew it was Minho.

"Promise me you have to take care of yourself Sulli." Minho said. His hand was a bit shaken due to emotion he tried to hold in. "Be happy and stay healthy. But can I ask you something? Don't shut me out. Once in awhile… just once in awhile please let me know that you are doing well."

"Oopa…" Sulli uttered as tear pooled in her eyes.

Minho smiled. "Because only that way… only that way my heart will be at ease to know…even without me you are still doing fine."

 


 

 

Flashback

 

"I love Minho."

Sulli stopped reading her book. Did she just hear Irene confessing that she loved Minho? Sulli knew that she'd admit it anytime soon but she just didn't know that hearing it straight from Irene made her really this scared. She just couldn't expect it.

"Unnie…"

Irene sighed. "I know I sound shameless. I even feel embarrassed to tell you this now. I'm in love with my best friend Sulli and it's hard day by day to keep this to myself now."

"Why…. Why are you telling me this?" Sulli asked. Her heart was beating so fast.

"I might go insane if I don't let it out." Irene said and then she turned to Sulli completely. She held the younger girl's arms and closed her eyes as if her life depended on what she was going to say. She took a deep breath. "I want you to help me Sulli."

Sulli was confused but she tried to smile her best to feign her nervous heart. "Help? What kind of help you are talking unnie? I-"

"Help me and Minho get together."

"What?" Sulli widened her eyes.

"I know it sounds nonsense. I mean Minho and I have been close friends since forever but here I am, asking you to help me." Irene looked at Sulli. "I just see that you two get closer lately and I-"

"Unnie, Minho oppa and I-" Sulli stopped herself. Was she afraid of Irene would know about their relationship? Was she about to continue lying to Irene? She just told Minho that she was ready to expose their relationship and here she wanted to continue to hide it from Irene.

Irene smiled. "No, don't misunderstand what I'm saying. I don't mean you two are something. I'm just seeking for your help since from what I see you and Minho are now getting closer and I think…. you can be our matchmaking."

Sulli felt like lightening struck on her. She just looked at Irene, stunned, and didn't know what to say.

"I feel helpless Sulli." Irene said and she let go of Sulli's arm. She turned away from Sulli. "I don't get what I'm trying to do as well by asking you to help me but… but I'm just scared."

"Unnie?"

"Minho has been so strange. He's always smiling alone, checking his phone and then smiling again like those idiots who are being lovestruck. He seems to hide something from me when I try to ask him questions about what's the reasons behind his idiotic smile."

Irene paused and she looked down. "He is acting like he's… in love and I'm just too scared that my theory is right."

Sulli was surprised when Irene looked back at her with unshed tears in her eyes.

"I'm afraid to lose him. I'm just afraid that after all these while Minho is blind. It'd be really hurt that I'm always there next to him but then he look pass me and chose to fall in love with someone else."

 


 

Sulli didn't realize where exactly she was going until she found herself standing right in front of Minho's house.

Minho used to bring her here once and showed her where his room was located. They just sat in his car and looked from the outside.

Sulli looked up to the window of his room and saw the light is off. Hadn't Minho arrived home?

A car stopped in front of the house and Sohyun alighted. She saw Sulli and it seemed Sulli also noticed her from the other side of the road.

"Who's that?" Sohyun muttered to herself. She was somehow familiar but she couldn't think of anyone.

Sohyun shrugged and turned to leave about to enter the house when she finally remembered where she ever saw Sulli before. Wasn't that her oppa's girlfriend? Yes, she didn't remember her wrong. They had a brief encounter once before when she caught Minho was having a date with her. She found out Minho was seeing someone then.

Sulli saw Sohyun waving at her with a big cheerful smile on her face. Sulli even realized then that Sohyun was Minho's little sister as soon as she climbed out of the car. But even before Sulli could return a wave back, Sohyun ran inside the house and it made Sulli chuckling.

Sulli took a deep breath and turned to leave. She walked only several steps away when there was someone suddenly pulled her hand. She shrieked.

"It's getting dark. What are you thinking for coming here at this hour?" Minho asked Sulli, breathless, as he looked mad. He probably ran out from his house to catch up with her.

"I called you multiple times but I couldn't reach you." Sulli said.

Minho sighed and took out his phone. It was off. "Sorry, the battery is dead." He looked at her and he sighed again. "I looked at my sister as if she was crazy when she said she saw you here."

Sulli let out a smile then. "Oh I thought she ignored me earlier. And I thought you aren't probably home yet so I was on my way back home just now."

"Didn't I tell you that I go straight home after we parted way this evening?" Minho said. "You told me you will go home with Irene." He paused and frowned. "And that makes me wonder why are you here instead when you are supposed to be home now at this hour."

Minho still wore an angry expression and she knew he was just worried about her but he was somehow cute rather than intimidated.

Sulli reached out to pinch Minho's cheek. "Don't put a face like that. You know you aren't cute oppa."

"So you suppose me to be all excited upon seeing my girlfriend, alone, here, in front of my house at this hour?" Minho said.

He was worried to know that she was here alone. What if he came out late or he didn't know thar she come and then something could happen to her?

Minho sighed. He held Sulli's hand and gentled his gaze and voice. "So why are you here? You know that I'll call you later of course."

Sulli smiled softly. "Nothing. I just suddenly feel like I miss you a lot. No, a lot is too little. I mean super duper much until I think I'd would go crazy if I don't see you."

Minho chuckled. "You know what are bad things for having you as my girlfriend?"

Sulli pouted.

"Is that whenever I see you in front of me all I want to do is to hug you close every minute and second I could." Minho put his arms around Sulli and hugged her to emphasize his point. "And then to kiss your pouty lips until we run out of our breathes."

Sulli smiled. Though it looked like they were alone here but they were in the middle of the street and they shouldn't act reckless so publicly right? Not when Minho's family was within the reach. And she knew Minho had the same thought when he released her from his arms.

"Here isn't a good place to shower you my affection, love." Minho said and they both chuckled. Minho took Sulli's hand and he began leading their way to his car. "Although I know you're here not only because you miss me but since I see you now I don't want to drive you home yet. Let's find somewhere to have our lone time."

Minho and Sulli arrived at their usual, favorite dating place. They walked hand in hand along the park for a moment without saying anything. Minho felt something was wrong but he wasn't going to push her to tell him if she didn't want to.

"Oppa…"

"Hmm?"

"I've never asked you about this… but how long have you and Irene been friends?" Sulli asked. Her eyes were looking far in the distance.

Minho's brows closed in but he answered her nevertheless. "I think it's more than ten years already. I met her in elementary school and we became friends since then."

"That long. You two must have been really close." Sulli said with a light smile. "While you and me just met two years ago and there are still so much we haven't gone through like your friendship with unnie."

Minho stopped walking.

Sulli also stopped and then she faced Minho. "It's been long enough that you two have known each other almost all inside and out. Have you… and Irene unnie ever thought about crossing the line between friendship and relationship?"

Minho frowned. Why suddenly Irene became the topic in their conversation? And what? Sulli just asked him if he and Irene ever give a thought about dating each other? No, absolutely never, Minho never thought about Irene that way. Even now just a thought of him and Irene could become a thing almost make him cringe. And having Sulli with him now, Minho just couldn't imagine himself loving other women than her.

"Why are you asking this suddenly? And if you want to know, I will tell…. Yes, we've been so close until I no longer see Irene as a friend anymore. She's more like a sister to me now and I think Irene would think the same like me." Minho answered and he began to feel a bit nervous for no reason now.

"What if she wouldn't." Sulli said. "Oppa, how would you know that she never thinks about you two to become more than friends? You never ask right? So how would you know that?"

Minho looked at Sulli and saw her sad eyes. Did she feel insecure? Minho pulled Sulli close to him. "I'd think that you are weird for that you're acting like this all of sudden now but I know something is wrong? Are you perhaps feeling…. jealous of Irene? If so you don't have to-"

"Irene unnie…" Sulli cut Minho off. "She loves you oppa."

Minho just stared at Sulli, stunned, and he waited for her to burst out laughter saying that he really fell for her joke but a minute passed by and Sulli still had the same expression.

Minho laughed a little. "You're kidding right? Oh you got me there Sulli."

"I wish I could oppa so that I would not feel like I'm committing a huge sin now." Sulli said and she looked away. "I'm feeling so bad, so terrible that I might suffer with suffocating."

Minho gently turned Sulli to face him and he noticed tears brimmed in the corner of her eyes.

"She told me by herself earlier today." Sulli said. "She told me that she's so afraid to lose you. She loves you so much that she literally can't bear to see you loving someone else other than her. The worse part…when she doesn't have any idea of who she was trusting in and that's what make me feel so horrible oppa."

Tears rolled down her cheeks and she leaned into Minho's chest. Sulli felt Minho's arms went around her and tapped her back.

Sulli closed her eyes as she allowed more tear to fall. Minho must be shocked. Yes, he had any right to be so. She knew he felt bad too, even so so bad than her. This revelation hit him greatly. Irene was his very best friend and Sulli knew that he cared for her a lot like no one ever could. Now that he realized he might hurt his best friend, Minho must be feeling hundred times horrible than her.

"Don't cry Sulli. It's okay…it is."

Sulli crawled deeper into Minho's embrace. Was it really okay for them? And most especially...for him?

 

 

 

 

To be continued.

 

Finally I could make an update after awhile. I've been missing you all and read your lovely comments   T_T   I'm so sorry guys. I have no more excuse so I'm only asking for your understanding. I know I've made you guys frustrated about my snail update but I do hope you all are still with me until the end. I will never abandon my stories.

I will try my best to update WLCH next time. Hopefully you still remember this story.

Thank you so much precious readers.

Minsul forever <3

Till the next update.