Chapter 4

Love Will Find A Way

 

Sulli woke up with the warm blanket covered her body. She realized she wasn't in her own apartment but in the comfy bed that she had been missing for the long three months.

Sulli stared up to the ceiling and realized her mistake. She shouldn't have been here. Yesterday event wasn't supposed to happen if she didn't come here. But then again she just couldn't stop what her heart yearned for. She missed Minho to that extend and she just couldn't know the other way that was able to defeat this longing.

One night of the love and passion between them were so blissful that she couldn't ask for more and even if she knew it didn't mean to happen but she didn't regret it, just this nagging feeling of guilt kept blaming herself for betraying her self-conscience.

Sulli closed her eyes for a minute or two to calm her unnerved feeling before opened it back and started to move from the bed to find her own clothes but she couldn't spot them anywhere in the room. Sighing, she knew that it was probably Minho who put them away somewhere for her. It usually happened like that in the past when they were together. They would take turn to organize messy things the next morning after the wild night they shared.

Intimate feeling resurfaced, warming her inside and before Sulli knew it, she smiled to herself but through her eyes glazed over.

Since she couldn't find her own clothes to wear, Sulli decided to borrow one of Minho's shirts in the closet. She slipped it on herself and buttoned up. Sulli couldn't help but inhaling his manly scent on the shirt, it was intoxicated and addicted, it could even provide the warmness that she needed from the owner of it. Before she knew it, she already spent a few minutes there enjoying the feeling until she was able to come back to her sense and made herself out of the room.

Once her foot set in the living room, she could see Minho busied himself in the kitchen. Her eyes then settled on the dining table to find two plates of British breakfast already laid readily on it. Good memory rece again. It exactly felt like that old good time when foreign foods would always show up if Minho was the one who prepared it while herself would only provide them the Korean side dishes every time.

"Good morning."

Sulli jolted from her reverie with the deep voice of Minho's greet. She looked up to see him was smiling brightly. His eyes danced with happiness to see Sulli was wearing his shirt. She always looked so beautiful in any outfit she wore but she was just specially more even beautiful in further level when she was in his shirt.

Sulli noticed Minho was staring. She wet her own lips before speaking. "I couldn't find my clothes and since I don't have a single pair left here, I think I better wear yours for the meantime. I mean it would be inappropriate to walk out without nothing on, wouldn't it?"

Minho smirked at her last statement. "You know I don't mind if it would be appropriate or not. It's just you and me in the house and it's not like I haven't seen any of your body before."

Sulli let out a smile. "Somehow it makes me think if you are hiding my clothes on purpose?"

"I wish I could, because only then I could see you longer wearing my cloth much to my liking but no, I just put them in the washing machine. And don't worry, I already reserve a dress for you. It's just in the guest room." Minho said and he made his way to Sulli. Within a reach, he slowly pulled her into a hug. "Just for a moment please…."

Sulli was surprise because of his sudden action but she couldn't do anything to protest and instead her arms went around his torso to hug him back.

Minho buried his face into her neck and whispered softly. "I love you."

Sulli closed her eyes. Her chest began tightening and the urge to let go of her emotion was even greater than the same response she wanted to give him. "Oppa, we've already talked this out. Please don't make the situation more even difficult."

Minho let go of Sulli and looked at her in the face. His hand caressed her cheek. "What if I change my mind? I won't let you go. I'm not going to marry Irene."

Sulli sighed. "What are you going to do about your child then? Irene unnie is carrying your baby. She loves you. Your family wants her. And how are you going to explain everyone if we get back together? Oppa, we both know even if how much we try, no one is going to be on our side." She watched Minho's depressed face and wished she could wipe that away.

Minho shook his head. "I don't want to let you go. I thought I can but I can't. I'm willing to play the bad guy as long as I still have you by my side for the rest of my life. God! I just can't let go of your hand."

Sulli allowed a single tear slid down her face. "Oppa….at least for the sake of your child, we have to end this. It hurts at first but time will heal. Trust me."

Minho's heart broke in pieces seeing her tear. He badly wished he could make thing better, wished he could take all the pain she felt. God! He hated himself to ever let the woman he loved dearly suffer.

And as if she could read his mind, Sulli continued. "Please don't feel sorry for me oppa. I never blame you neither I doubt about your feeling for me. It isn't a mistake but it is the fate that was written for us." She kissed him in the lips and mumbled between sobs. "I love you too oppa and always will."

"What do you think you are doing!"

A voice suddenly bellowed, making Minho and Sulli quickly pulled away and surprisingly turned to the front door to fine enraged Irene. Sulli turned pale as Irene's face was red due to anger.

Irene curled her fists tightly as her accused eyes were bouncing back and forth between Minho and Sulli who seemed to lose the ability to speak. Her body was shaking out of uncontrollable anger. "I'm asking you what the hell you are doing?"

Sulli finally managed to move from her spot and approached Irene, trying to explain her. "Unnie, don't-"

A sudden slap went across Sulli's cheek harshly.

"Irene!" Minho exclaimed.

"Backstabbing !" Irene gritted through her teeth and Sulli could do nothing but crying to accept the harsh word from Irene. She knew she deserved that.

"Stop it Irene!" Minho said.

But Irene didn't bother to give him a look. "You said it by yourself that you will let him go peacefully. You told me to not worry about anything. You won't hold him back because you will leave as soon as the divorce is settled." Irene said bitterly and chuckled sarcastically as she glared fiercely at Sulli. "And now what? You're having fun with him while laughing at me behind my back? Damn it Choi Sulli! You are no different from a liar ."

Minho had it enough. "Bae Irene! If you don't control your damn madness, I swear I'm going to do something you might regret later!"

Irene looked up to Minho's face and saw the serious anger in his eyes. Why was he so cruel to her? It hurt too much and it was unbearable. "What are you going to do then if I don't stop? Kill me and your child for that woman?"

"We are so sorry unnie." Sulli said. She came in between Minho and Irene and held the arms of the shaking girl. "Believe me, everything is ended between us from now. I will really leave and-"

"Shut the hell up!" Irene shouted and pushed Sulli away as Minho was able to catch her on time. Her emotional was chaotic as she began to cry hysterically. "I can't believe you are doing this to me! I can't believe you two could stab me in the back again!"

"Unnie please calm down. Please think about the baby first." Sulli pleaded and tried to stop Irene from her madness but Minho didn't allow her to go near her, instead he went to calm the girl down by himself.

But even before Minho could do that, Irene suddenly clutched her stomach and she began to cry out of physical pain. Her face contorted in distress and slowly she fell to the floor.

Minho and Sulli panicked as they quickly approached Irene. Minho pulled the girl into his arm and tried to call her name but all the response was she cried in pain. Suddenly Sulli gasped in extreme fear when she saw Irene was bleeding.

 


 

Flashback

 

Sulli was reading her text message while smiling by herself when Chanyeol peered over her shoulder.

"Why is an hour dragging so long? I miss you already."

Jinri quickly jumped from her seat when she heard Chanyeol's voice from behind. Obviously he was trying to read her text. Thanked god, he didn't manage to see who was the sender. Even if he could see it when he didn't know this person anyway but she still hoped he not. It was better that way to keep her own secret safely.

Sulli hit Chanyeol on the arm and the boy overly exclaimed 'ouch' as he earned himself another good smack. "Park Chanyeol, behave your rotten attitude."

"It isn't about my attitude but the way you are trying to keep something from me." Chanyeol whined and stole another glance at her phone as Sulli quickly shoved it into her bag. He laughed. "I know it."

"Know what?" Sulli snapped.

"Know that you are dating now." Chanyeol answered as if it was the causal thing to blurt around.

Sulli turned her head around to see if someone heard him and his big mouth. Released a sigh of relief, she turned back to Chanyeol, scowling at him. "I'm not deaf. You don't have to speak so damn loud. Btw where is Irene unnie? Didn't she go with you to buy some snacks?" She changed the topic.

Chanyeol smirked. "Not that fast girl. Do you think you are lucky this time to avoid this topic? Well, I've been noticing your unusual behavior lately. And now I'm not going to let it slip until you spill the bean."

Sulli rolled her eyes and she stood up. "I'm not going to say anything because there is nothing I need to spill to you." Chanyeol was about to protest when Sulli interrupted as she saw Irene waved at her from afar. She grinned knowingly. "How about I'm leaving now and you can spend time as much as you want with Irene unnie?"

Chanyeol's face lightened up. "Deal."

"Hey guys!" Irene called for them once she reached where they were. She glared down at Chanyeol. "What the hell Park Chanyeol? Why did you leave me at the food store alone?" She pouted and Chanyeol smiled softly. "I forgot to bring my wallet so I didn't manage to buy something and I even embarrassed myself there. It's all because of you."

Sulli laughed. "Well then let have him make it up for you unnie." She secretly gave a knowing signal to Chanyeol before continued. "How about this boy treat you a nice dinner later instead of the street food? I wish to join this great treat too but I have to leave now. Mom just called and asked me to go home."

Irene sighed as she sat down next to Chanyeol. "Why everyone seem to get busy all of sudden? I actually called Minho this morning too and asked him to join us but he said that he already had a plan. And now even you want to leave me."

Sulli felt a slight guilt emerged through her gut as she just smiled at Irene in apology before mumbling a soft 'sorry'.

Chanyeol began to feel annoyed when Irene mentioned Minho. Not that he knew him personally, in fact they had never met before but what made him annoyed was that this Minho guy always appeared out of blue in the conversation between them. He actually could feel that this guy was even more than a friend to Irene and that was the reason he already disliked Minho despite he was a nobody to him.

"You still have me though." Chanyeol mumbled and he looked at Irene. "Unless you don't want my company."

"Who said that?" Irene said and Chanyeol slowly found his smile back. "But you are going to treat me of course."

Chanyeol chuckled. "Sure I am." He glanced at Sulli and sent a thank you message through his eyes.

Sulli smiled. Besides she could help her best friend, she also rescued herself. She looked at her watched and realized she was going to be late if she didn't leave by now. She quickly bid them a quick goodbye, not heading home but probably somewhere she could find her heart was.


Sulli arrived to the Han river and tried to look around the place he promised to meet up but she didn't find him anywhere at all until she realized she wasn't late but actually be early by five minutes.

And just as she thought she was going to wait for him by five minutes, suddenly there was a pair of hands appeared from behind and showed her a beautiful necklace in front of her eyes before it was placed around her bare neck.

"Happy anniversary love." Minho whispered softly into her ear and he moved her around to face him.

Sulli smiled sweetly. "Happy one year anniversary oppa." She wrapped her arms around his neck and boldly kissed him on the lips.

Minho smiled through their locked lips. Sulli was now getting bolder and bolder in initiating the kiss. It was totally opposite from the very first time when they shared the first kiss. Minho was still perfectly remembered her deep red face when they pulled away, Sulli was timidly too shy to even look at him straight in the face for the next hours.

"Thank you for this lovely gift. It's so beautiful oppa. I love it." Sulli said when they broke away and she kissed him again but on the cheek.

Minho smiled as he stared at his girlfriend's face and sighed softly. "It's been a year Sulli. Do you think it's about time we should tell everyone about us? It'd be so much easier if our relationship unfold."

Sulli's face dropped. She perfectly understood Minho's concern. The deal by having their relationship kept sealed was from her own idea and without a question Minho agreed to it undoubtedly. But from time to time, he constantly asked her to expose them and she constantly told him back it wasn't about time yet. Not that she didn't want to because honestly she also wanted them to date freely but for some reason she was afraid that she might lose him one day once they announced it to everyone.

"Sulli." Minho called for her to answer him but instead of replying, she leaned into his chest, hugging him while listening to his strong heartbeat. And Minho could only sigh as he knew the answer. He returned the hug and patted her on the back in reassurance.

Sulli closed her eyes, enjoying the warm feeling that spread through her body by having an understanding boyfriend. She felt so bad for him and every single day she always tried her best to make it up for him in every possible chance.

"Give me a little more time oppa. I promise, just a little more." Sulli said softly and when Minho nodded and kissed her hair lovingly, she spoke the word from the bottom of her heart. "I love you Minho oppa."

Minho smiled and he hugged Sulli tighter. Right, at least he really needed to hear that.

 

 

 

To be continued…


Really appreciate your feedbacks readers :) Thank you.

Have a great week ahead.

Till the next update.