Chapter 5

Love Will Find A Way

Sulli was shoved harshly to the wall and her shoulder was slammed to the hard surface. Minho immediately went by her side and Sulli shook her head mutely, assuring him that she was fine but in fact pain tormented her physically and emotionally.

"What the hell did you do to Irene? Are you trying to kill her and the baby? Are you happy now to see the poor girl is suffering because of you?"

"Umma! I said enough!" Minho raised his voice as he spun around to face his mother. He pulled her with him to the other side, if she was near Sulli she might probably hurt her again. His face evidenced anger toward his mother while looking at her but tried his best to calm himself down at the same time. "Umma! If you're putting blame on someone, it should be me. Sulli isn't at fault. It's your son not her!"

"What kind of wicked spell she put on you? Irene and your baby are in the crucial stage right now and instead of worrying about them you're still trying to protect that woman!" His mother said incredulously.

"Who said I'm not worrying, I am umma! But do not expect me to not doing anything when you are trying to hurt Sulli. She feels as bad as hell enough and you are now trying to put salt on her wound! Isn't it too much? She doesn't deserve all of these harsh treatments anymore." Minho said with much difficulty of breathing. Honestly, he was just partially angry at his mother but most of it to himself that word couldn't express how worsen he was feeling right now. Two women were suffering because of him and he couldn't do anything to prevent it getting worse.

By the corner of his eyes Minho could see Sulli was trembling. He knew there was nothing to stop those tears to flow as guilt was eating her up now.

God! What had he done to hurt this woman so much?

Minho turned to his mother with a pleading look on his face. "Umma, I'm not trying to point fault at you right now but this has to stop, please stop treating Sulli like she isn't a human who doesn't have a heart. She was once your daughter-in-law, although you've never treated her like one but it doesn't hurt to be fair now."

His mother could only give him an angry look as she wasn't able to find single word to respond. Not entirely Minho's accusation was wrong but she was mad to hear her son was protecting the woman she never favored and dismissed his own mother.

Minho saw his mother's inflamed face, he sighed. He didn't want to bring up the past but now he had to. "You think we don't feel a thing knowing Irene inside?" Minho continued, emotion suddenly rushed up as his eyes turned red. "Sulli used to go through this stage too and unfortunately she lost the battle. We lost our baby. She was terribly broken enough that time and so was I, then it should be enough. Please umma."

By then when Minho tuned to look at Sulli, his heart broke. She was crying harder with hand muffling her voice. He cursed himself mentally for bringing up the incident two years ago. Tears gathered up in his eyes too, he was terribly hurt by reminding their poor unborn baby and how much more of Sulli's feeling then? She was the mother who carried the baby for 6 months and lost it suddenly. God! That time was the cruel stage they had ever been through.

Minho couldn't stand to see Sulli was broken this bad anymore, he wanted to wrap her in his arm and telling her everything was going to be alright. But even before he could do that, the doctor came out from the ICU room.

"Who is Ms. Bae's family?" The doctor asked, looking at Minho and his mother but then at Minho again with an unreadable expression. "So may I suppose you are her husband?"

"I-"

"Yes, he is." His mother answered for him and Minho sighed, glancing over her but she ignored him. "How is my daughter-in-law and grandchild?"

Minho also returned to look at the doctor with worries.

"We tried our best and fortunately both mother and the baby are fine for now. She will be transferred to the patient room." The doctor told them and Mrs. Choi took a big sigh of relief. "But the pregnancy isn't stable so you have to take care of her extraordinarily. Avoid causing her any emotional breakdown that might lead to miscarriage."

"We will be surely careful. Thank you Dr. Park." His mother said and doctor nodded at her and then at Minho before walking away, followed by the nurses.

Minho rubbed his face in relief as he mumbled 'thanks god'.

"You heard the doctor Minho so I don't have to repeat it to you." Mrs. Choi said and Minho just sighed, hearing taps of her heels walking off.

Only then Minho remembered Sulli and he abruptly turned to find her but she was already nowhere to be found. His heart quickly went out for her but for all he could do was banging his head against the wall.

"I'm so sorry, love."


"Sulli! Yah Choi Sulli!" Chanyeol yelled out her name but she didn't seem to hear him at all. He walked faster to reach her and took her by surprise by grabbing her wrist and turned her around to face him. "Yah! Didn't you hear me-" He stopped himself when he saw her crying face. He began panicked. "What happens?"

Sulli began to cry harder and she hugged her best friend, buried her face in his chest.

Chanyeol was at peak of worrying as hell now. Just earlier he called her and she told him that she was at the hospital. He was worried sick and without hearing another word, he sped his journey all the way here, only to find Sulli crashing into him crying miserably. "Don't scare me Sulli. What happens to you?"

"Mommy is wrong baby. Mommy loves you so much and I really tried to save you but I couldn't. It was my fault, my unforgivable fault to have you left us." Sulli cried in whisper.

Chanyeol couldn't speak a single word for some reason. He was just standing there motionlessly for a minute or two. For all he could do was to hold the fragile girl in his arms and mumbled. "I'm sorry Sulli."

But Sulli couldn't hear Chanyeol, she just cried and cried until she felt herself went limp and her vision began to turn blur. Very slowly everything was completely turned black but it was not before she heard Chanyeol's voice call her name and the last thing she remembered was Minho's worried face.

 


 

Flashback

 

"See you at last period." Minho said to Irene as she nodded and he turned to Sulli who was sitting across him with a smile. "Bye Sulli, see you."

"Bye oppa." Sulli returned his smile, the knowing secret smile for only the two of them understand.

When Minho was out the library, a moment later Sulli received an incoming message.

"I've been resisting myself to wrap you in my arms so much. If only Irene wasn't there :''( let’s meet this evening love. Same time and same place. No rejection. I love you."

Sulli smiled by herself as she read the text message from her boyfriend and unknowingly to her, it caught Irene's attention.

"Who's that?" Irene asked with a grin.

Sulli quickly shoved her phone in her purse. "No one. Just some prank advertisement."

"Liar." Irene said as she wasn't buying it. "Are you dating? Isn't that message sender your lover?"

Sulli was caught by surprise. Irene guessed it correctly. The only thing she had no idea of was that who is he. She feigned an incredulous smile. "You aren't going to buy what Park Chanyeol told you unnie? I'm not seeing anyone." Guilt seemed to build up when she said it but for some reason lying had to be the best solution.

"Yes, he told me so but Sulli, I have eyes for myself to observe. It's not hard to see anyway. I could tell by your action that you are indeed seeing someone right now and if I'm not wrong, it has been for awhile already." Irene said with much belief and that made Sulli felt so uncomfortable.

Sulli tried to laugh, covering up her uneasiness. "I wish your fantasy would be real unnie but I'm really dating no one."

Irene just looked at Sulli for a few moments before she shrugged. "Alright, if you don't want to tell me anything. I'm not going to interrogate you."

Sulli did feel more even worse now. Irene seemed upset at her. "Unnie-"

"No, never mind, I'm not upset or anything." Irene patted Sulli's shoulder with a smile. "I'm here until you are ready to tell me."

So it meant she couldn't convince Irene to believe her lie. She felt more even bad in another level for keeping a secret from her. Suddenly Sulli felt the urge to reveal the truth of her love life with Minho. Irene had all right to know it that she was dating her best friend.

"Unnie." Sulli called Irene. "What if-" She stopped when Irene's cellphone vibrated on the table. She glanced down and saw Minho's name appear on the screen.

"Why is he calling?" Irene asked to no one as she grabbed her phone.

Sulli noticed the sweet smile the older girl had on her face despite her annoying tone and for some reason it gave her an unwanted feeling but she brushed it away and just smiled.

"Wait a second Sulli. I'll answer his call outside, you know in case I couldn't help but yell at him in the library." Irene told Sulli with a giggle before standing up abruptly and it accidentally caused her own purse to drop down from the table on the floor and stuffs inside poured out.

Sulli assured Irene to take care of everything and told her to receive Minho's call. Irene nodded with a thankful smile and proceeded her way out. Sulli picked up Irene's things one by one but then something caught her eyes. It was apparently a small notebook with a random page already flipped open. Sulli picked it up and read the content in it. Not that she wanted to but it was inevitable. Sulli realized then that the notebook was Irene's diary, something so personal that no one should touch but she already did accidentally.

Worse when she wasn't supposed to read it and knew something that her heart shouldn't handle.


Minho watched his girlfriend's side view. She was too deep in trance, staring into the distance. He knew right away that she had something bothering her mind.

"Miss me already?" Minho asked as he took a seat next to Sulli and handed her the ice cream he bought. "I was just a few steps away from you to buy you an ice cream."

Sulli smiled softly and accepted the ice cream from his hand. Minho was such a sweetest boyfriend she had never wished for more. He was so perfect enough for her although he said so many times that he still lacked some responsibilities for being a boyfriend to someone. But Sulli always told him hundreds time than he was an amazing man whom every woman on earth dream for and she was very lucky for having him, all of him alone.

Sulli stared at Minho for about a minute or two without saying anything. Ice cream began to melt but she didn't care about her favorite dessert gone waste. "Oppa."

"Hmm?"

"Minho oppa."

"Yes."

"Oppa."

Minho brushed her bang lightly. "Yes love. Something wrong?"

Sulli shook her head with a smile. She then held his hand and gave him back the ice cream. Minho took it with confusion and Sulli wrapped her arms around his waist, resting her head on his chest, her only favorite spot that allowed her to listen to every heartbeat of Minho’s heart.

"What's wrong?" Minho asked as he rubbed her back affectionately up and down.

"Oppa, you do know that I love you so much, don't you?" Sulli asked.

Minho frowned at that before he pulled away to look at her face. "Of course I know and I do love you too. But let me ask you again, what’s wrong?"

But to Minho quite surprise, Sulli answered him by kissing him on the lips. It took Minho a few seconds to forget about his worry, ice cream and everything as he gave in to her.

Sulli giggled when she hardly pulled her face away from Minho. He didn't want the kiss to end but Sulli managed to do it. She interlaced their fingers together and held them tight. "Oppa, let's reveal our relationship."

Minho widened his eyes, a huge smile slowly planted on his lips. "You aren't joking, are you?"

"No. It's about time. I'm not going to hide it anymore unless you still want it." Sulli boyfriend and he rewarded her with the best cute laugh ever as he kissed her again and again.

Minho was happy, so was she and she wished there was no one going to take this man away from her, not even Irene. This insecure feeling had to vanish once everyone knew they were together.

 

 

 

To be continued…


Hello guys! How have you all been? I’ve missed you a lot. Last time I promised to come back but then I was gone again for months. I’m so sorry. I have no any excuse other than saying life keeps me so busy and I barely have to time to sit and write. Hope you all can understand ^^

Btw how many of you guys are still with me? You’re still loving minsul right? Although I’ve been gone for quite a while but in the end I still found myself shipping them.

Thank you so much readers. You guys have been always my inspiration.

Fighting!

Minsul always <3

Till the next update.