Chapter 2

Love Will Find A Way

 

Chanyeol jumped out of his car with a huge smile when he saw Sulli exited the law firm building.

"How is it going?" Chanyeol asked when he stopped in front of her.

Sulli was too in trance to listen to what he ask and she looked up at him in confusion. "Huh?"

Chanyeol halted his smile a little but managed to shrug it off. "Nothing. So can we go now?"

Sulli nodded mutely and walked pass him toward his car. Chanyeol was about to turn around and followed her when he saw Minho was watching them from afar. He replaced his earlier smile to an obvious smirk in a mocking triumph to see Minho's face evidenced with raw anger while he was clenching his fist, trying to calm his nerve.

Chanyeol chuckled. He knew he finally beat him much to his satisfaction. Choi Minho wasn't a saint and he couldn't always get what he wanted.


In the car was totally in a completed silence. Sulli didn't bother to utter a word as she kept staring out of window absentmindedly.

Chanyeol sighed. "Are you okay?"

Only then Sulli turned to him and acknowledged his presence for the first time since they left the law firm. "What did you say?" But then again, she wasn't even listening to him.

"I'm asking if you're okay." Chanyeol said and glanced at her. He saw her expression was dark as if she was so exhausted due to overload of work, in fact it wasn't because of that reason. He sighed softly once again. "Is everything settled then?"

Sulli looked away out to the window again and muttered softly. "Yes."

Chanyeol glanced at her again and noticed she still had her ring on the finger. "You still don't remove the ring? Sulli, you have to try your best to move on. Don't keep something that could plant you an impossible hope. Even if how much it's difficult for you but you have to try. At first it is very hard I know but you have me to go through that with you."

Sulli touched her ring dearly. All good memories for all those years she was with Minho flashed back to her mind. The yearning feeling of her deep love for him came rushing back like a flood but the reality hit harshly that she couldn't have him in her arms anymore. It hurt like hell, too much almost hard to bear any longer.

Tears ran down her face, another after another until she couldn't stop it and allowed it to flow freely.

How could she manage to do as Chanyeol tell? It was easy as it said but how could she command her heart that was no longer hers to stop loving its owner? How could….? She loved Minho too much to be able to do that.

 


 

"You are back?" Irene exclaimed as soon as Minho opened the door and stepped in. She went to him and hugged him on the waist. "Is everything finally settled?"

Minho released a tired sigh and removed her hand off him. "Why are you here? A pregnant woman shouldn't go back and forth too much."

Irene smiled. "I just want to see you and well, to know how your divorce’s process is now. I hope it's all done." She said and noticed the sudden change in his eyes but she tried to look pass it.

Minho didn't answer her. He knew it will hurt her feeling for being ignored but not now, he didn't want to start it. He didn't want to remember every little thing about his divorce.

Minho almost threw himself exhaustedly on the couch when he noticed some change in the living room. He immediately turned to Irene and questioned her. "What did you do to my living room?"

Irene shrugged, tried to be nonchalant as much as she could. She knew the reason why he seemingly became angry. "The organization just didn't please my sight so I decided to remove some stuffs away and made little change to the whole room." Yes, she purposely changed almost the entire room actually.

Minho was irritated and he raised his voice unwittingly. "Who told you to touch them? For the past three years Sulli put a lot of effort to prepare and maintenance our house dearly and now you came and suddenly changed them without my permission."

"Sulli again!" Irene muttered while chuckling. She went to confront him. "Then do I have to remind you that she's no longer the woman in this house? I'm the one who will take the position, not Sulli anymore. We're going to get married soon and I will also share this house either. Don't I have any right to touch a thing in this house?"

"It is not what I mean Irene and you know that." Said Minho. He was mad at this point but he tried to suppress his anger. He took a moment to calm himself down before taking a frustrated sigh. "Forget it, I don't want to argue with you." He then looked at her seriously in the face. "But let me ask you one thing, please don't change a single in this house again. I want it to remain like what the previous owner left it." And with that he walked off her toward his bedroom. "And you should go home now."

Irene clenched her fist. "How could you do this to me? For a god's sake, I'm going to be your wife in a month and I'm even pregnant with your child but how could you treat me like I'm nothing to you?"

Minho stopped and turned. He perfectly understood what she meant. There were many times he felt so sorry with his own way in treating her but Minho couldn't help himself too. He could think back they were once the very good friends and then thought it'd be easy to love her back but the fact that even how much he tried his best and she was there to help him to do so, he still knew better than anyone else. Irene won't be able to replace Sulli in his heart, the only heart that wasn't even his anymore.

"Go home. I will call your driver." Minho said for the last time before going inside his room.

Irene was standing there, watching Minho heartlessly shut herself out of him. Her whole body was shaking and tears began to fall.

Why it was so unfair? She met him first and it should've been her but he fell for the other girl who came later than her. And now although she successfully won him back but just his shell only, not his heart.

 


 

Flashback

Chanyeol cycled his bike around his neighbor, wishing to ran into someone he wanted to see for the very first thing in the morning. And like he had expected, he saw her closed the gate of her house.

He sped his bike to reach her. "Good morning!"

She jumped out of startle. "Yah! Park Chanyeol, you scared me!"

Chanyeol laughed. "I'm sorry, didn't mean to scare you. So Ms. Irene, it seems you're about to jog for an exercise now. Are you serious? It's already 9:30 o'clock." He showed her his wristwatch. "People almost finish their breakfast by now."

Irene rolled her eyes. "And what make you different by exercising this late too?" She eyed him and his bicycle.

"To your information, I just finished my exercise and ready to have my breakfast now." Chanyeol said, making Irene pouted. He smiled, knowing the girl wasn't a morning person. But somewhat he wondered what made her decide to change her hobby about doing exercise. She used to tell him that she preferred exercise once in a while only.

Chanyeol patted the backseat of his bicycle. "Come with me and forget about exercise. I know you haven't had breakfast yet so you're going to accompany me at the nearby Café then."

"I'd love that." Irene grinned like a little kid and she quickly jumped on the seat behind Chanyeol, making him chuckled. He then began to cycle when Irene asked. "Are you happened to be here to see your crush?"

Chanyeol laughed and didn't respond her anything but in fact Irene's question just clicked right on his intention. Yes, he was purposely cycling around here just to see the only girl he had a crush on and he got his luck.

His heart raced faster when Irene suddenly rounded her arms around his waist. He glanced at her hands and another huge smile was planting.

"Yah! When are you going to confess to Sulli? I just remind you, be hurry up. Now some boys in college are starting to show their obvious interest in her. Act fast or you'll be too late." Irene told him as if it was the normal thing to her.

But Chanyeol only stopped smiling and sighed inwardly. If only he could tell her right now that he actually never liked Sulli but her. He was just using Sulli, his childhood friend, in order to be near her. And now he succeeded to get closer to the girl he was interested but Irene was just too dumb to not get the hint he constantly dropped throughout these while, instead she assumed he loved someone else.

"Just a little bit more and I will confess everything to her." Chanyeol said and he knew better who he was referring to and before Irene could respond something back, he exclaimed. "Hold on me tight." He then sped up his bike, purposely making Irene tightened her hold around his waist.

 


 

Sulli smiled hugely when she finally found the book she was looking for. She immediately reached for it when there was another hand extended to grab it first.

"Sulli."

"Mr.Minho."

Minho smiled broadly and glanced at the book in his hand. He then gave it to her. "You can have it."

Sulli declined politely. "No, it's okay. You saw it first."

"I'm going to pay for it and give you as a gift then." Minho said and turned when Sulli caught his arm. He grinned and looked at her hand.

Sulli realized it and quickly retrieved her hand. She glanced at the book and then at his face. "You aren't serious, are you?"

Minho smiled. "I just asked the shop owner about this book and he told me it has only one left. So I guess it's also hard to find at the other place. Then let me pay and I'll give it to you."

Sulli raised an eyebrow but soon enough she slowly smiled. "And why are you doing this? You know what I mean right?"

Minho nodded, still kept his smile on his handsome face. "There are three reasons to it. First, I want to be a gentleman. Second, I'm not a book lover but I can tell that you are. And third…." He stopped talking and just staring at her face lovingly.

Sulli was blushing under his gaze and she knew it. "And third?" She asked, urging him to continue.

Minho laughed softly. "I will pay for the book." He walked to the cashier and left Sulli standing there, dumbfounded. He glanced back and saw confusion was written all over her face and he smiled to himself.

 

Both of them walked out of the bookstore and Minho handed Sulli the book.

"Take it as the gift of our coincident meet." Minho said but Sulli didn't accept it right away and so he grabbed her hand to pass the bag. Electric ran down their entire bodies when they touched as both made the eyes contact. Their hearts once again raced for the same reason as if they were running marathon.

Minho reluctantly let go of her hand and Sulli just bit her lip timidly, looking away briefly to avoid his gaze.

"Thank you Mr. Minho." Sulli said once she had the brave courage to look back at him. "So I will consider that as the third reason why you wanted to give it to me."

"No, it isn't." Minho said, making Sulli frowned confusedly. He looked up to sky before looking back at her. "Well, the weather is so nice. Do you have free time? How about a cup of coffee at the Café nearby with me?"

"I don't like coffee." Sulli said immediately. She saw his expression dropped a little and she smiled. "But why not? Let me buy you a cup of coffee and the orange juice for myself."

"Call." Minho quickly responded without missing a beat. An excuse to have her owe him wasn't bad. He could see her longer now and he would try his best to leave a good impression on her, so that he could stand a chance to ask her out one day and get to know her better.

"Well but I will only let you pay in one condition." Minho said, grinning and Sulli gave him a curious look. "Drop off the formality when you are with me, can you?"

Sulli bit her lip, not sure if she should agree. After all they just met for the second time but the inside she couldn't deny the giddy feeling that began to emerge. "Well I-"

"Oppa." Minho interrupted her and she blinked at him. "Call me oppa. I would love to hear you call me like that instead of 'Mr. Minho'."

 

 

 

To be continued…


Thank you readers.

Till the next update :)