Chapter 3

Love Will Find A Way

Sulli had been standing by the door for the past fifteen minutes. It was the first time after three months she moved out and she was finally here again. Sulli wanted to press the doorbell but she was hoping Minho wasn't home at this moment. But somewhere inside, she wanted to see him so bad and probably coming here for taking some of her leftover belonging was just an excuse to cover up the real reason that she actually missed Minho.

But suddenly the thought that Irene would probably be inside almost made her give up and left right then. She really didn't want to witness the moment that would break her heart more than it already did.

In the end she decided to not press the bell but accessed the door by typing the passcode in the padlock. If the door was unlocked then she will go inside but if it wasn't, she will leave. Sulli took a deep breath before pressing each digit of numbers, it was the combination between Minho and her special date. To her surprise, the door was clicked and unlocked. Her heart almost jumped out of her chest for some reason, knowing that Minho didn't change the password.

Sulli slowly opened the door and walked in while her heart was beating so fast. Her eyes began to roam inside and the familiar feeling emerged. She saw everything was almost remaining the same except in the living room that was kind of messy but she couldn't help the amount of the warm feeling that instantly jolted in her heart, which was where she felt home and loved.

Sulli quietly closed the door behind, in the same time she heard another door was opened which she could tell it was the door from the bedroom. And there she saw Minho made his way out while carrying a box in his hands.

Minho stopped in his mid-way when he also saw Sulli. Momentarily, he thought he was dreaming but many seconds dragged on and Sulli wasn't vanished, only then he realized the sight in front of him wasn't a fragment of imagination. It was indeed Sulli.

Sulli was the first to break the silence. "I'm sorry to come in without permission, I just didn't thought you haven't changed the code-"

"This house always welcomes you." Minho cut her off and his lips slowly broke into a small smile. If it was like before Sulli would be already in his arms by now. God! He missed her so damn bad. If only he could touch and kiss her to his heart's content.

Sulli didn't like this situation now. It was awkward as if they were stranger and never been in love before. Although she knew they still were but circumstance didn't allow them to continue on and she also wasn't capable to do anything to make it better.

"I thought I was just coming here to take my stuff and then made a quick leave. I didn't know you aren't working today." Sulli said softly as she was lying through her teeth. Of course the major reason she actually wanted to see Minho and now her wish granted but her heart contrastingly twitched in pain.

Minho nodded and put down the box in his hand. "I took a day off today. It's been almost entire morning I'm trying to fix this living room to what it look like as before." He smiled softly but sadness was visible in his eyes. "Thanks to my good memory, I remember every little thing of how you decorated this room and now it's almost done."

Sulli could know that Minho seemingly was trying to keep everything in the house remained the same just exactly like when they were still together. But what was he doing? Was he stupid or something? It absolutely wasn't a wise move for him to move on from her.

At that moment Sulli couldn't find a right word to respond as she only looked away from Minho. The situation now wasn't good at all as she felt like crying anytime soon.

"I will take my belonging in the bedroom before I leave." Sulli mumbled quietly but she knew it was loud enough for Minho to hear her. She just couldn't know how to responsible to the tear that probably falling if she spoke louder.

Once she walked into their bedroom, slowly her defense was crumbled. Her chest began tightening, soon enough she allowed her tears falling.

Sulli felt Minho was behind her and she quickly turned around to question him. "What are you doing oppa? God! I don't know what the hell you are trying to do to yourself?"

Minho's eyes were also starting to get red. He watched all the pictures of them together that he didn't have his heart to remove them, especially the big photo frame above the bed's headboard. Sulli was in a gorgeous wedding dress and he himself in a dashing white tuxedo. They were hugging each other and both smiling happily to the Camera. At that wonderful moment, never in thought they realized that they had such an unfortunate fate.

Tear started to brim in the corner of his eyes. Minho walked closer to her but Sulli didn't allow him to touch her. However in the end, Minho still managed to have her in his arms.

"I'm so sorry love. Every single day is like hell to me. I miss you so much and I don't know what to do in my life without you. For all I'm sure to myself is only that I never want to forget you, everything about you I just want to keep them in my memory forever." Minho said, sobbing. He could feel Sulli was no longer protest him but she was still crying in his chest. He hugged her tighter and kissed her hair. "God! I really miss you Sulli. I miss you so much. It's unbearable."

Sulli pulled out the hug and took his face in her hand. She wiped his cheeks and looked into his eyes. "I miss you too. Only god knows how much I'm dying inside without you." She sobbed harder as she shook her head. "But we can't. How I wish we could but we shouldn't be selfish, do we? People will suffer if we continue."

Minho kissed her hand. He pulled Sulli by her waist and then slowly kissed her on the lips. She responded him and Minho started to deepen the kiss. It's been so long they shared this moment and they just couldn't get enough of each other.

They continued to kiss passionately when Sulli felt Minho started to move her until she felt the back of her knee hit the bed and both of them fell on it instantly.

Minho didn't stop and Sulli allowed him to do as he wanted. He hovered above her, kissing her lips away slowly before grazing against her chin and down to her neck.

Minho breathed into Sulli’s skin. "I want you love. Please…."

Sulli couldn't say no. She was trapped in heaven where they had been sharing together for the past three years. In this room, on the bed and in Minho's embrace, that was where she wanted to belong. She knew this was wrong but please let her be selfish for once. She promised, just this once only and for the last time.

 


 

Flashback

Sulli was holding the book in her hand but her mind was floating into something else. She thought back to the time she enjoyed the morning coffee with Minho few days ago. They chit chatted happily and shared a lot of things. Quite surprise to both of them for knowing that they got along very well and even had several things in common. Although they just met but it seemed there was something that linked them to connect.

Sulli smiled alone, she couldn't believe that in just a few convincing words of Minho, she began to like drinking coffee now. He just explained her how to drink it and savoir its taste which in the end she ended up enjoying it so much. Well she wasn't sure either if it was because of she changed her heart about the coffee or because the companion himself.

"Catch you!" Irene jumped out of nowhere from behind Sulli. She laughed quietly when the girl was startled. She settled down next to the Sulli in the library.

"What are you talking about unnie? Catch what?" Sulli asked as Irene flashed her a grin making her eyebrows rose in confusion.

"Of course your daydreaming and the stupid smile on your face now. Girl, you are acting like you are in love, you know!" Irene said and she clapped her hands together. "Tell me! Is it Chanyeol?"

Sulli took turn to laugh as she finally understood Irene's meaning. "Unnie! First, I'm not in love and second, there is no way I was smiling like a crazy person because of thinking of Chanyeol in that way."

Irene continued to grin by thinking to herself that she was good at reading Sulli's mind. "Fine, whatever you say because I know you are just in denial."

Sulli just smiled and shook her head. She continued to read her book but then there was something actually bothering her. She had been contemplating to ask someone a question to solve her somewhat issue in her mind. And now Irene was likely that someone who could probably help her.

Sulli bit her lips and glanced at Irene who was starting to do her own assignment. "Unnie?"

"Hmm?"

"Can I ask you something?" Sulli asked hesitantly. Irene looked up from her book to her face and so Sulli continued. "Well, do you have a crush on someone?"

For some reason Irene blushed slightly. She laughed a little. "Why do you want to know?"

"Oh not that I'm nosy but well…er...I just want to know something like….well, how do you know when you start liking someone?" Sulli asked shyly and her cheek reddened due to embarrassment.

"See! I know it. Friendship could be developed into something romantic one day. Now you start to realize it and you are still not going to admit it huh?" Irene said and at the same time her heart fluttered at the thought of her own similar story.

Sulli knew there was no way she could stop Irene to think what she wanted to think, it was no use anyway even how much she tried to explain the misunderstanding and Sulli thought it wasn't a big deal either even if Irene thought of something funny could happen between her and Chanyeol because she knew they will never be possible even in the future or in a million years. Sulli just treated him as only one male best friend and vice versa.

"Whatever you want to think unnie." Sulli said as Irene grinned even wider. She pouted. "So can you answer me now?"

"Okay." Irene said. She paused for a minute as if thinking of something that she could blurt out or not but seeing Sulli's innocent face, she decided to tell her. "Well….I'm honestly never in a relationship but to tell you honestly, I do know the feeling of liking someone."

Sulli was intrigued. She was also innocent to what so called 'love'. And now it seemed like she began to appear that weird feeling which she had never felt before. Choi Minho, the new acquaintance, just made her feel all sorts of things. Let alone seeing him face to face, her heart could even race abnormally just thinking about him.

"Just 3 signs happen to you and you will know that you've already fallen for someone." Irene continued. Her mind drifted away to her own story and the handsome face of him that never failed to make her day. The one she called 'best friend' while the heart said he was so special beyond just a simple friend. "First, you always think of him at random moments throughout the day and often. Second, when you two talking, you couldn't help but looking at him for a little too long. And third…" Irene suddenly stopped herself as her eyes rested on someone who just made his way into the library. His sweet smile never left his face as he greeted the librarian. It was his nature, politely socialized to everyone in every possible chance. Her smiled widened as she continued. "And third… You actually picture yourself with this person and wish he could be your man someday. Minho!"

Sulli was completely stunned when Irene suddenly said his name. She quickly turned and for some reason she took a silent sigh of relief. Irene didn't mean to mention about her crush who she thought at first was Minho but actually she called out for him once she saw him entered the library.

Minho nodded when Irene called him but his smile became brighter once his eyes settled down on Sulli. He quickly made his way to their table and dropped himself down next to Irene. It was perfect that way so he could stare at Sulli's face as much as he wanted.

Sulli noticed she was being watched by Minho. She tried her best to be normal but then again it wasn't easy when his presence had such a big impact on her and her heart.

"Is it hot in here? Your girls' faces are all red." Minho started the conversation, with just a quick glance at Irene and the rest he settled on Sulli.

Irene laughed softly as she answered. "No. But well, we were sort of talking about crush earlier."

"Unnie!"

"Crush?"

Sulli and Minho said in unison and they instantly looked at each other. Sulli avoided Minho's gaze embarrassingly.

Minho chuckled a little, covered up an uneasy feeling that began to stir in his stomach yet he was intrigued. "You have a crush Sulli? Is he also in this college? Your classmate or senior? Which major he is taking?"

"No oppa, I-"

"He is a childhood friend of hers, Park Chanyeol. We are all neighbors." Irene cut in and Sulli widened her eyes. She was embarrassed beyond word now and most especially the thought of Minho misunderstood her was making her feel even worse and it didn't make thing easier for her to explain when Irene continued. "And she just asked me to explain her how could we know when we like someone."

Minho turned to look at Sulli. He forced to show a small smile but the smile that could also identify that he didn't like what Irene said. At least he had to hear it from Sulli herself. "Really? You like your best friend?"

Sulli quickly shook her head. "He's just a friend, nothing more than that."

Irene frowned. "But you like him."

"No unnie, we aren't like what you are thinking. We are close to each other doesn't mean we have that romantic feeling for one another. There is no way that could happen." Sulli said firmly. She glanced at Minho only to notice his face turned from darkening to now brighten a little. She bit her lip before continued softly. "I…I like someone but he is absolutely not Chanyeol."

"How?" Irene was confused and before she could say anything more Sulli gathered her books to put inside her bag and quickly stood up.

"I just remember I have an errand to run for my family so I better get going now. Good bye unnie oppa. See you!" And with that left hastily.

Irene looked at Minho when he began laughing for no reason. "What?"

"Oh nothing, just happy I guess." Minho replied and he also stood up. He looked down at her with a gentle smile on his face and Irene knew she wasn't the reason behind that smile. He continued. "Btw don't mention about that in front of Sulli again. I mean you should try to put yourself in her shoes. How do you feel what if someone says that you have a crush on me?"

Irene was stunned a little and she looked away to hide her flushed face.

"See! You can't imagine that situation. It would only make you feel offensive. And so does Sulli." Minho said as he smiled before walking off.

Irene watched Minho retrieved figure. A minute later she began to chuckle at herself bitterly. How could he is so dumb? For all these while he really didn't catch something? Didn't he notice even a little bit of the fact that his best friend was falling in love with him. Only one answer could explain these questions, it was because he didn't feel the same way as she did and it was the true hurt that Irene was trying to deny.


Minho caught up with Sulli. She was startled when he grabbed her hand to turn. He grinned and she looked at him in confusion.

"Oppa?"

"Is your family's errand important?"

"Oh…well…I guess." Sulli answered awkwardly as she stuttered a little. Actually there was no such errand exist. It was just an excuse she made up and what she didn't know about was that Minho could see through that.

"Good then, I think it isn't that important because there is something I guess we need to clarify." Minho said. He let go her hand and shoved his own into his pants' pocket. He stared at her face and noticed the tint blush crawling from her neck up to color her cheeks. He laughed softly.

"Why are you laughing?" Sulli asked.

"Well, you see him and your heart immediately drops to your stomach. You can't stop staring wherever he is within your eyes' control. And you blush if he ever looks at you."

Sulli looked away as she could feel her cheeks were burning now. She wasn't stupid to not know what Minho was trying to imply but she decided to play dumb. "I don't know what you are trying to clarify here."

"Of course you know. Want me to clarify it clearer? Well, I think I should." Minho said and he took one more step toward her. Sulli attempted to step back but Minho was faster than her, he pulled her gently to him until there was almost no space between them. He could feel her heart pounded in her chest in the same rhythm as his own did to him. "You are nervous whenever you see me. You strong heartbeat proves to you that what I am to you. You couldn't stop looking at me when I didn't look at you. And when I look at you, you are blushing madly…. like now."

Sulli stared into his eyes and realized she was caught red handed. She badly wanted to run away but his gaze had that power to hold her in place.

"You've been there, as well as me. You know the destination where you realize you are falling in love for someone at the first sight." Minho said smiling and ever so slowly Sulli began to return back her smile, a timid one that always made his heart fluttering.

That was when Sulli discovered her feeling wasn't one sided but mutual.

 

 

 

To be continued…


Today I’m missing MinSul so bad T_T Just when will we get to see them together again?

Btw thank you readers :) And till the next update.