ch.11

The Seven Boys

The cold air almost swept me off of my feet. I Wanted to go back inside really bad, but JungKook pushed me forward. “Come on, Selena.” He said. Namjoon smiled at me. We trudged up a hill and reached the gates of Kung Ho. There were several guards standing tall. More than before. As we stepped closer, they began to eye us more. “Stop right there!” One guard stopped us in our tracks. We stood still, still as a statue. The guard walked closer to us. “Why do you want to leave the city?” He asked. I Tried to form an answer but nothing came to mind. He tsked us and waved us away. “Stop playing around the gates, or else you will get in trouble!” He warned us. Then we walked back to his spot as if nothing changed. We quickly ran back down the hill and turned a corner. There we sat down, resting. I Wanted to ask this question before, but I Didn't get the chance. “Where’s Kēki ?” I Asked Namjoon. He shrugged. “Beats me. I Forgot she was even with us. I Remember her following us out of that abandoned house but I Don't think she followed us after that.” I Tugged on a strand of my hair. “Where could she be? It’s not good to have a tiger roaming around.” Then I Crawled in front of them and Pulled their shirts closer to me, so that they would listen. “We need to find Kēki right now. Right now.” They nodded. “Don’t say a single word about her, got it? If news goes out that there’s a 350 pound tiger on the loose in the city, people will freak and Kēki will most likely end up dead. If you run into Martin somehow, just say you’re picking something up from somewhere. Everybody split up. Singles.” We stood up and walked in different directions. Where would she go? I Thought to myself. Maybe she’s hungry. Those treats weren’t even close to enough. I Sighed and crossed my fingers that Kēki wouldn’t be tempted to eat anybody. I Walked quickly around buildings and peeked into abandoned houses or alleys. However, there was no sign of Kēki . Ibegan to worry. “Martin would be so disappointed and sad at me. I Have to find her.” I Told myself. I Continued to search confidently, but soon it was getting tiring. I Was panting hard from running all over the place. I Didn't even notice a man who was tapping on my shoulder. “Excuse me young miss.” He said. His voice was raspy. I Turned around quickly. He chuckled at me. “Are you okay?” He asked me calmly. I Nodded and stood up straight. “I Was just looking for my…lost cat.” I Mumbled. “Lost cat?” He asked me. I Nodded. “Her name is Kēki .” I Said. But then, Iwished I Had never said anything. I Just made a big mistake. Kēki is simply not just a house cat. She’s a full grown tiger. Now, he won’t give me any useful information because he doesn’t now that I Need to find a tiger instead of a cat. I Sighed heavily. “Are you sure?” He asked me. I Was confused. What was there not to be sure about? “I think we both know you’re not looking for a little cat…” He chuckled. My eyes widened. “You mean, you’ve seen Kēki ?” I asked him hopefully. “Of course! Ilive just a couple of houses down. Isaw you kids walking out and towards the gate. Then I noticed your tiger ran off but you didn’t noticed. So I lured her into my home with a slab of meat. She’s still there. Do you want to see her?” I jumped with excitement. “Yes! Thank you so much! I don’t know what I would’ve done if I hadn’t found you!” He laughed again. “No need to worry about it. This city, is wild. You never know what could happen.” He said as we walked back to his house. He opened the door and let me in. I saw Kēki  laying on the floor her teeth. She jumped up and hugged me, almost dragging me to the floor. I ruffled the hair on her head gently. “Thank you.” I said to the man again. He nodded and smiled. I pulled Kēki   off of me and she laid next to me. “I never caught your name. You are?” The man left the room and came back with a large brown paper bag. “My name is Kris. Nice to meet you.” He handed me the bag. I took it, and was surprised how heavy it was. “I’m Selena. What’s in the bag?” I asked Kris. “Some meat for Kēki . It’s a thank you gift for not tearing me apart!” Kris and I laughed. As our laughter died as the seconds passed, I signaled Kēki  to stand up. “Again, thank you for everything. I would love to chat some more, but I have to get on my way. Maybe I’ll come back sometime and see you again, Kris.” I smiled at him. “Yeah! That would be great. Alright, goodbye now Selena! Stay safe!” Kris waved to me as we left his house and walked down the path. I waved back at him until he closed his door. I turned around. “Hey, Kēki ! So glad to have you back!” I hugged Kēki  once more. Then, as I approached the abandoned house that we slept in, I peered inside to see Namjoon stressing out. He clutched his hair and sighed repeatedly. JungKook kicked the ground in frustration and Jimin  covered his face with his hands. As I Entered the room, they all spun around and cheered. “Selena! You’re back! With Kēki !” They raced over to me and hugged both of us. I Giggled and we relaxed for a while. Then, all of us walked out of the house again. This time, I Made sure Kēki was right next to me, and that everyone else surrounded her. She seemed to be delighted and happily trotted next to us. “Alright, so we know the guards won’t let us through those gates. Let’s try to find an alternative route.” We avoided the gate and began walking alongside the walls of the city, until we noticed a large tree up ahead. Someone had hammered a wooden ladder into it. As we approached the large tree, we saw that several of its branches reached out and over the wall.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I might not be updating as much bc of my culinary competition made it to state for my two competitions so I'm freakin out and kinda stress baking/ cooking

PLEASE DON'T HATE ME FOR NOT UPDATING IN FOR EVER

WELL HERES ANOTHER CHAPTER FOR YA

HOPE YALL ENJOY

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE

COMMENTS ARE WELCOME

UNTIL NEXT TIME

BYEEE LOVE <3 <3