Regret and Hope

Heart of Despair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Quickly! Get her in the room now! She's dying!" 

"Yes sir!" 

   There sat a couple who mistakingly crashed into you, watching the doctor and nurse communicate to your body that everyone that witnessed the crash did not know whether or not was living. 

"Jagi..." 

   Sitting, the girlfriend, worried to death about her boyfriend who had guilt washed over himself, his eyes blank. 

"Why do you... Still call me jagi? I can be a murderer if that doctor comes out and confirms she's dead. What am I s-suppose to do now?" 

   The boy sadly looked at his hands in pure sadness. His girlfriend's eyes furrowed deeply seeing him like this, the guy she knew was a humorous, confident, and caring guy. Trying one more shot at helping the lost boy, she then said, 

"Kim Jin Woo. Remember just two years ago when we were still in high school we sat together and you asked me out? You were so... confident and brave. I know that girl in that room could be dead for all we know, but one thing for sure is that it's not your fault. We don't know the whole story yet. We have to wait for her to wake up and we'll explain everything to her too. We have to call someone to care for her, she'll need someone when she wakes up rather than two strangers who ran her over on accident." 

   Jinwoo, shocked at his girlfriend's wise words replied to her with a more brighter tone as he smiled at her lightly. 

"Yah, Jung Dahyun. You know your words, don't you? Let's go call someone now for her, her parents are probably worried sick." 

   As the couple waited and waited for about half an hour, a nurse finally started walking out calmly, the two walking up to the lady quickly. The two looked at each other quickly, both blurting out, 

"Is the girl okay?" 

   The nurse looked at the two curiously, finally recongnizing the people waiting out for you this whole time, the ones who also called and brought you over to the hospital. The nurse was blank, not sure what to say, whether or not you were okay, she really wasn't sure herself. 

"The doctor says that she might be suffering in a coma. She's in critical condition, broken arm, broken leg, sprained ankle, and a few bruises around the stomach." 

   The look on Jinwoo's face said everything. He was back to the hopeless side from earlier hearing that you were hurt terribly. Dahyun worriedly looked over to Jinwoo, bowing quickly to the nurse and thanking her and she quickly speed walked away from the two of them to get back to work. Dahyun began to comfort Jinwoo, patting his back. 

"Jinwoo-ah, don't feel so guilty, you really didn't mean to. I bet she's a nice girl and when she wakes up from her sleep or coma, we'll apologize to her deeply and we'll be fine. Trust me. See, she's not dead. It's okay, Jinwoo. We need to stop thinking about the negatives right now and find out more. Let's go wait for the--" 

On cue, the doctor of your room was walking out the door, Dahyun quickly blocking his way, bowing down immediately. 

"D-doctor, is she alright? May we see her please?" said Dahyun awkwardly. 

"She isn't dead but she's not very great herself even if she is still alive. It's confirmed she is in a coma that we guess would last around a week, tops is one month, you can see her though." said the doctor. 

"A-ah... Can we see her phone doctor? We would like to call a loved one to watch over her before we leave..." said Dahyun worriedly. 

"I'm sorry but it seems that she didn't have a phone with her. Just her backpack and herself." 

   Dahyun and Jiwoo looked at each other in shock finding out a teenage girl that was alone walking in the street had no phone. They then remembered they were talking to someone, bowing once more as the doctor left quickly. 

"Jiwoo. I'll be back, okay? You go look at the girl." said Dahyun as she ran out to another hallway. 

   Staring oddly at Dahyun's running figure, Jiwoo then slowly opened the door, only to see a unconcious figure that looked sad. Jiwoo looked sadly at the stranger he didn't know. Something about her aura made chills go up his spine, noticing her baggy eye bags, slightly frowned face, and bandaged leg, ankle, and arm. Jiwoo sat down on a chair, looking at the figure. 

"I remember being her age. Being in college, it seems like even before this incident, she has it so much harder than I did. Poor girl." said Jiwoo in sadness to see such a skinny small figure so sad and hurt. 

"R-related? Okay... Here, take a look through this here." 

"Thank you!" said Dahyun happily, staring at the computer screen. 

  Skimming through the words on the screen, she began to memorize the key information she only needed from the nurse. Staring back at the to the nurse, she nodded off and thanked her, quickly running into the room Jiwoo was in as she saw him tearing up. She then frowned sadly, seeing both your sad unconcious state and Jiwoo's crying figure, he wasn't much of a guy who cried, but when he did, it mean that it was genuinely because he felt terrible. 

"Yah, stop crying okay? Come on, it's okay. I have something to tell you to make her feel better but you need to stop crying before I tell you." said Dahyun, patting Jiwoo's back in a pattern, comforting him the best she could. 

   Looking up, Jiwoo's tears stopped little by little, finding out he can help you. 

"You w-what?" 

"Eh...? I'm sorry I really needed to know these people who were taking care for her. They need a good lec--" 

"No... We can't just do that." 

"Why not?" 

"Because that's invading a person's life, not to men

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter